What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ R by Mavic 2 Zoom

Plecodoras

Reaction score
OK Z'ers

I know this won't be to everyone's taste but I have been fully testing my Mavic 2 Zoom and found that it's not as bad as I thought. ( initially I did not like it - but now it is growing on me )

Thought I'd give the car a clean up and treat it to some special attention with a photoshoot all of my own.

Now I want to repeat this exercise and have a few Z's to play with in different parked modes, I think it will lead to some superb shots / footage.

** WARNING ** - boring note, the following pictures / videos are all of my car as described above, look away now if you are affected by copious amounts of Roaring Thunder colour wrap !!!

Dolly Zoom

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqkyLPKfdcA[/youtube]

For the full Size video.... https://youtu.be/iqkyLPKfdcA

All the full size videos are 4K but resized with youtube to 2160P, so go to settings ( cog at bottom right ) and change to 2160P for the best quality - this is the setting I recommend. Some it seems have been resized to 1080P so go for the highest you can.

Happy Viewing - M :beer:

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Well what can I say mick I love the videos you have done there with your drone would be a good thing to get more Zs together there and get some fantastic photos and videos drive safe and stay lucky bro..

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Great stuff there Mick :clap: super cool what you can do with these high spec drones we will have to get some cars together for a multi car shoot. Would look awesome following a few cars round a track :dance:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Nice shots Mick, I have more or less the same set, except it’s of me on a sun bed on a beach in Africa :lol:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
Nice shots Mick, I have more or less the same set, except it’s of me on a sun bed on a beach in Africa :lol:
Cape Verde ?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I’ve been trying to perfect a fly by while rotating the drone to keep the camera on a fixed point. Easy using quick shots, not so easy doing it manually without it being jerky.

It’s going to Italy with me in a few weeks, so hopefully I might get a bit better for then.

It never fails to amaze me how stable the camera is even in quite strong winds (it was very windy in Cape Verde almost all the time).

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Btw, we went to the same field you were in a couple of years ago for a hot air balloon flight, very early one morning.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Yes I was surprised that the balloon want up that night, as it was a perfect day.
The drone is steady but not as steady as the phantom 4 I had. Obviously due to the weight, and the camera isn't as good either. But it's smaller and quicker to deploy, so pros and cons for both.
I have been flying drones now for three years plus and still get in a muddle sometimes when turned the wrong way, so my controls are reversed.
Flying slowly with slow movement of the camera gimbal, gives superior results. Nothing worse than jerky fast movements, it just makes you feel sick.
I'm waiting for the new phantom 5 when it eventually comes out, which should have interchangable lenses, that will be a Game changer.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I have 5 drones in total, but the Mavic Air is the first of any real worth. Non of the others had gimbals, so sick bags at the ready for the most part. I also have six helicopters, the biggest of which is a couple of feet long, but they don’t have cameras so are just for fun/practice/crashing :crazy: .

I decided on the Air instead of the Pro (at the time the zoom was not out) as I primarily wanted it for holidays, and its soooo small its the perfect travelling companion.

I expected some camera movement in flight due to the size of the drone, but I am amazed every time I fly that it’s as if you have a tripod at 400 ft. I have even tested it at near its maximum wind strength (yes I even bought an anemometer) and still almost no noticeable movement other than in the odd gust.

I doubt I will buy a replacement in the foreseeable future as this little drone is perfect for my needs.