What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ 'R' at the Goodwood Festival of Speed....

A

Anonymous

Oooooh!!! Pity that the website still isn't mobile device optimised and so eludes my view!! :-x

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Copied and pasted it :)

Peugeot at Goodwood

The Goodwood Festival of Speed is one of the world’s largest motoring events – combining the best of automotive design past and present, from supercars to steam engines.

Peugeot has put together a spectacular line-up for this year’s Goodwood Festival of Speed, including on-stand surfing, dynamic car displays featuring the Onyx concept car, and a virtual motorshow so car fans can show off their prized Peugeot to Goodwood’s 150,000 visitors.

The 2013 Goodwood Festival of Speed represents the 20th anniversary of the event, and Peugeot, which sponsors the festival, is planning a host of world-firsts to celebrate.

For the first time ever, visitors to Goodwood will be able to don a wetsuit and experience the thrills and spills of surfing, exclusively on the Peugeot stand. This lifelike surf experience includes a wet suit and real water, and is available free for visitors to the Peugeot stand. So if you've already got Goodwood tickets, you can register here to 'enjoy the ride'. This surfing experience is designed to underpin the dynamism, fun and excitement of driving Peugeot’s new 208 GTi.

Alongside the surf experience, festival visitors will get a world exclusive chance to see the incredible Peugeot Onyx Concept Car up close and in action – as it attempts the famous Goodwood Hill Climb six times over the course of the weekend.

Not only that, but one lucky fan can win a money-can’t-buy passenger ride in the 600bhp Peugeot Onyx supercar as it tackles the hill climb. The prize includes two free tickets for Saturday (13th July) entry to Goodwood. The competition is available to over 18s in the UK only. For full terms and conditions, and to enter, click here.

In another world first, the RCZ R will be on show at Goodwood – a year before it goes into production in the UK. The RCZ R has been exhibited at motorshows in the past – but only as a concept. Peugeot has now announced the car will be produced for sale in the UK from 2014. Goodwood will get a first glimpse of this extraordinary sports model during the weekend.

In contrast to the petrol fumes, screeching brakes and roaring engines reverberating around the festival, Peugeot is also hosting its own virtual motorshow on its stand.

Fans can download a special Facebook app and upload images of their prized Peugeot, which could then go on display at Goodwood. The overall winner will have their car exhibited on Peugeot’s stand at Goodwood (and will get a loan car over the weekend to compensate!). For more details on this exciting way to get your Peugeot displayed at Goodwood, visit the Peugeot UK Facebook page.

That’s not all. Peugeot’s Nurburgring race team will also be at Goodwood, fresh from the gruelling 24-hour race in May. The team, featuring eight drivers from across Europe, helped guide Peugeot to first, second and third place in its class, thanks to exceptional handling of the 208 GTi. The UK’s Bradley Philpot will be amongst the drivers visiting Peugeot’s stand.

There will also be chance to see the 208 T16 Pike Peaks car. Top driver Sebastien Loeb has jumped ship to Peugeot exclusively for the Pike Peaks race, which takes place on June 30. Loeb has already branded the specially-built 208 “a rocket”. Visitors can learn more about how Loeb fared at Pikes Peak at the Peugeot stand at the 2013 Goodwood Festival of Speed.

A

Anonymous

Two days to the event and the free tickets have not arrived. Hope that RCZ1 has manage to cancel her rather expensive accommodation. I have to say I was really very pleased to be offered tickets by Peugeot and feel very disappointed that they failed to materialise.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Two days to the event and the free tickets have not arrived. Hope that RCZ1 has manage to cancel her rather expensive accommodation. I have to say I was really very pleased to be offered tickets by Peugeot and feel very disappointed that they failed to materialise.

I understand your anxiety and empathise RON but are you maybe being a little bit premature here? I order a LOT of gig and even tickets every year and they can quite often arrive in the final 24 hours before the named gig/event? Perhaps it's worth checking with Liz to see if she can shed any light on their whereabouts? I suspect the event organisers/ticket distributors have been rather tardy in releasing corporate tickets.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
They're in the post and should arrive tomorrow, cutting it close I know but I'm not losing hope. I will be there on Thursday! :grin:

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
OO58RON said:

I understand your anxiety and empathise RON but are you maybe being a little bit premature here? I order a LOT of gig and even tickets every year and they can quite often arrive in the final 24 hours before the named gig/event? Perhaps it's worth checking with Liz to see if she can shed any light on their whereabouts? I suspect the event organisers/ticket distributors have been rather tardy in releasing corporate tickets.

As you know Rizz, you need to take time off of work and give notice of such. The problem here being they were offered as complimentary tickets and therefore unlike purchased gig tickets you can't rely upon their arrival. Had I purchased them I would have turned up with my proof of purchase and expected to be allowed admittance. One can hardly turn up to Goodwood and say that I was promised a freebie. It's worse for RCZ1 as she has booked a rather expensive hotel especially for this event and the cut off time for cancellation has now elapsed. So I just hope that like myself she considered the lack of arrival a distinct possibility and cancelled in time.

A

Anonymous

You make some good points there RON. :eusa-think: I hope none of you get your fingers burned by this experience. I too was generously offered tickets but had to decline due to other commitments. I'm kinda relieved now!!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Chuzzbutt said:
OO58RON said:
They're in the post and should arrive tomorrow, cutting it close I know but I'm not losing hope. I will be there on Thursday! :grin:

Hey young man, how do you know they are in the post and will arrive tomorrow?

I PM'd Liz about the tickets and other things and by the sound of it, her hands were tied by Peugeot, who were offering free tickets all over the place. She said Peugeot would be mailing them out but it is rather close to the deadline, when you have plans to make. I'm in no way blaming Liz for this. Peugeot needed to be more organised in getting the tickers out sooner :(

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Chuzzbutt said:
OO58RON said:

Hey young man, how do you know they are in the post and will arrive tomorrow?

I PM'd Liz about the tickets and other things and by the sound of it, her hands were tied by Peugeot, who were offering free tickets all over the place. She said Peugeot would be mailing them out but it is rather close to the deadline, when you have plans to make. I'm in no way blaming Liz for this. Peugeot needed to be more organised in getting the tickers out sooner :(
I emailed Liz yesterday and she said they were in the post, I'm hoping they are now as I've booked a days holibobs just for it :smile:

A

Anonymous

Chuzzbutt said:
OO58RON said:
Nothing has arrived in the post today. As the saying goes "you don't get ought for nought" just pleased that I remembered this early enough not to lose any money :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Chuzzbutt said:
OO58RON said:
Nothing has arrived in the post today. As the saying goes "you don't get ought for nought" just pleased that I remembered this early enough not to lose any money :eusa-think:
Nevermind! I didn't pay for anything either so will just enjoy an extra day off in the sun. May give the shapely Amber a deep cleanse instead :grin:

Smiler

Reaction score
Can't they organise for them to be picked up at the gate ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Mine for Friday turned up by Royal Mail 10am signed for, I had got an email saying they would be with me Wednesday. My expensive accommodation is the 20 year old camper I have and a £10 pitch at a pub! Got 6 tickets for the moving motorshow so if you want 4 I have some free, see my other post.

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

I'm gutted that you decided not to come..... I completely understand the expense, and of course, travelling a long way etc and booking hotels - with the uncertainty of the arrival of tickets. The whole experience - if the tickets hadn't come to pass - would have been a bit of a headache.

All I can say is that via DM-ing, you all you were aware that the tickets were posted early this week. However, I completely understand that taking a day off work, booking a hotel (at quite a huge expense) and then for tickets not to be in your hand, a number of days before, is a bitter blow..... For me, I am really disappointed, however, I will feed back the comments to Peugeot so in future we can make sure tickets are issued earlier - if indeed it was something that Peugeot was in control of.

I am so sorry - particularly for Kerry (RCZ1) - but totally understand......

Liz

RCZ1

Reaction score
Liz, believe me I have never felt so gutted about anything. The whole experience would have been something to remember for the rest of my life and I was so excited about the once in a lifetime opportunity that you and Peugeot had offered to me. Liz, this is no way your fault. :)

The problems lie with Peugeot and getting the tickets out sooner.

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/

A

Anonymous

Liz. I for one have received no confirmation that tickets were being posted out. I have heard nothing since the day you asked what my prefered day would be. I was happy to take the day off for this event as it would have been very well worth it. However with no certainty of tickets, I cancelled the day off. My tickets arrived and required a signature and so was returned to the Post Office on Wednesday. So had I known that the letter requiring a signature was the tickets and I'd gone to collect them on the Thursday morning when the Post Office opened, I would still not have gotten to the event until the afternoon.

This is a very poor state of offers and I personally am very disappointed by it. Why was the communication so poor? and why did they arrive too late? We all knew when the event was and had plenty of time to prepare and I include Peugeot UK in this. Hopefully I shall get to see the RCZ R at Frankfurt as I'm certain the tickets will arrive in good time.