What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ-R air filters - replacement for Peugeot standard one

tianorth

Reaction score
The standard air filter 1444TT is used on petrol engined vehicles as follows

Information about the search

1 document(s) found for 2008
2 document(s) found for 207
4 document(s) found for 208
6 document(s) found for 3008
3 document(s) found for 3008 (P84)
7 document(s) found for 308
4 document(s) found for 308 (T9)
5 document(s) found for 5008
3 document(s) found for 5008 (P87)
5 document(s) found for 508
5 document(s) found for RCZ

Think the number of documents refers to the different engine variants.

I'm looking in to changing from the standard Peugeot one to another make which is to be of direct replacement.

1) Which have you changed to?
2) What was the cost?
3) Is there anything else required eg oil?
3a) if yes what does it actually need and what is the process?
4) Do you notice any difference and what difference eg noise, power, etc?
5) Has MPG changed noticeably?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

RCZ-R

Reaction score
hi tianorth

I once have swapped for the pipercross filter on my R. But after about 15.000 miles I removed it and replace with stock filter again.
Why? There were absolutely no gains noticeable. MPG didn't change, acceleration didn't change. Nothing. So I went back to stock filter.
Now the pipercross is lying around in the shed.

tianorth

Reaction score
Does the pipercross filter have as much filtering (throughput) as the standard one?

renegade79

Reaction score
Well, When I put a K and N air filter into my thp200 GTi the MAF sensor had to be unplugged in order to gain access to the air filter. I’m presuming the air filter is the same in the R. However, When you remove the MAF sensor it throws up a check engine fault light. I had to remove the fault via OBD scanner.
Haven’t gotten around to changing the filter in the new THP270 yet. But I am interested to hear what anyone else has done!
With The K and N the engine seemed to breath a lot better!

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I have a Pipercross in my GT200 I did notice a difference when I first installed it, the acceleration seemed smoother and. The car felt more responsive. I don’t know if I have just got used to it, but it seems “normal” now. To be honest, the car was always rapid, but I do think That the car feels smoother now.

As for the mpg, I’m afraid the lead lining in my right shoe makes it difficult to judge what is good and if it’s better or not. :eusa-think:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
I have the pipercross in mine also. It makes a bit better induction noise, but I didn't drive it enough before to tell if it made any difference.
I'm of the opinion though that it does not necessarily make any difference except that the engine does not have to use as much force to get the required air into the engine.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
tianorth said:
Does the pipercross filter have as much filtering (throughput) as the standard one?

Have not seen any numbers on that. What I did was to blow the same amount of compressed air against the pipercross and stock filter. Both seemed to leak the same amount of air.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
Well, When I put a K and N air filter into my thp200 GTi the MAF sensor had to be unplugged in order to gain access to the air filter. I’m presuming the air filter is the same in the R. However, When you remove the MAF sensor it throws up a check engine fault light. I had to remove the fault via OBD scanner.
Haven’t gotten around to changing the filter in the new THP270 yet. But I am interested to hear what anyone else has done!
With The K and N the engine seemed to breath a lot better!

K&N is a different piece of cake. Haven't tried it yet. Maybe will do.

Yes, you have to unplug the MAP sensor. But there is no error as you do it while engine is off. Afterwards you start the engine and there is no difference software-wise to it.

I have no modifications to my R. The stock exhaust is loud enough for me, sometimes even too loud for some passengers. Rims are stock cause they were bloody expensive and I don't want to throw another 2 grands at other rims. Suspension is just perfect for my needs. I'm happy with my stock R.