What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ Prices !!!

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Received through the post today a car sales mag which included the following list of RCZ's they have in stock.

It's a bit worrying to note that their cheapest Z is less the £9k :eek:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    251.2 KB · Views: 8,239

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Just a bit of a lateral thought, if you bought the 156 sport at under £9k & the same day someone smashed the rear screen, technically it would be an insurance write-off :eusa-think: :shock:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
Just a bit of a lateral thought, if you bought the 156 sport at under £9k & the same day someone smashed the rear screen, technically it would be an insurance write-off :eusa-think: :shock:
Why? Is that what it costs to replace the back window??? :crazy:

A

Anonymous

About 4K I heard hope it's just the glass excess I'd have to pay.
Wonder how the fact that the RCZ is no longer in production will affect residual values, more sought after so better values or quicker depreciation ?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
DKZ5745 said:

It's certainly over 3K and insurance companies use the one third of total value rule for write-offs. So a Z worth less than 9K with the need for a new rear screen would in theory be an insurance write-off :crazy:

A

Anonymous

I just picked my 2010 156 GT with 45k miles for £9,250. I don't know if it was just dealer talk, but the salesman said they should start to appreciate in value now they are no longer in production. Let's hope so.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I had hoped, and been lead to believe that also, but from the list I found, I'm not sure that is the case, for the moment anyway. :eusa-think:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeh looks smart even the MK2 front end suits that colour! (Ok I'm biased :roll: )

A

Anonymous

renegade79 said:
well Pete, i look at it this way, the lowering of prices means the easier grasp for me to get an R :thumbup:

look at this beauty!!!
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... &logcode=p

Hi, Thanks for the autotrader link I am thinking of selling my 2012 Asphalt with a little over 9000 on the clock and I was wondering what it would be worth, looking at the link it should something around £15000.

Bob.

A

Anonymous

/Macklin motors in Glasgow have a 60 plate GT for £7995 !!!!!!!!. :crazy:

A

Anonymous

2 months ago I bought a 11 month old hdi sport in pearlescent white on a 15 plate , only prev owner was dealer had 22k miles and was 16k Couldn't find anything else anywhere near that price

A

Anonymous

I bought my RCZ 11 plate with 30K miles on the clock for £9K! I was very happy :)

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes the prices are tumbling as with most secondhand cars. Plenty of private Z's for under 8K now. Not good for owners who like to swap their cars every couple of years. I love my Z that much I can't see me ever parting with her so when I eventually snuff it it will be worth a fortune! :lol: :beer:

Tomas_90

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
neilgsxr69 said:
DKZ5745 said:

It's certainly over 3K and insurance companies use the one third of total value rule for write-offs. So a Z worth less than 9K with the need for a new rear screen would in theory be an insurance write-off :crazy:
Last spring i asked the service shop what a rear window costs. At the moment they are 1360 € + labor. They had an old version of the window that cost some 3300 € or what he said, but that wasn't being put in anymore.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
It's certainly over 3K and insurance companies use the one third of total value rule for write-offs. So a Z worth less than 9K with the need for a new rear screen would in theory be an insurance write-off :crazy:[/quote]
Last spring i asked the service shop what a rear window costs. At the moment they are 1360 € + labor. They had an old version of the window that cost some 3300 € or what he said, but that wasn't being put in anymore.[/quote]

I wonder what the difference is between the two rear windows? :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Last week my head was turned by a 3.5SLK so I tried a couple of the cash for cars sites.. Pleasantly surprised TBH

2011 200 GT prices ranged from 8.5K to 8.9K.

Maybe the tide has turned and the prices have bottomed out?