What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ Ownership Discussion Thread

A

Anonymous

A

Anonymous

Blow out. .. safe to drive my ass

Dealer still never returned my calls or emails so ill be opening up a can tomorrow

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
Waiting on AA in cruden bay now... the joys

Oh no! What's happened? Has he sorted you out? Do you need a lift or anything, I'm not far.......

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
Figo said:

Oh no! What's happened? Has he sorted you out? Do you need a lift or anything, I'm not far.......

Not here yet.

Hopefully he will hace sourced a tyre and ill be on the way home soon!

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
donnaj1dlh said:
Figo said:

Not here yet.

So you're still waiting? Thats been ages :( I wouldn't get too hopeful about a tyre, you're more likely to get towed home :(

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
Figo said:
donnaj1dlh said:
Figo said:

Not here yet.

So you're still waiting? Thats been ages :( I wouldn't get too hopeful about a tyre, you're more likely to get towed home :(

Still chilling in the car park

Id be happy just to get home haha

A

Anonymous

[quote="Figo]
Still chilling in the car park

Id be happy just to get home haha[/quote]

Oh man, you should've pretended to be a laydee, you might have had a van come out sooner than this. I did offer to be a rescue ranger but I'm in my cosy bed now.......

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
CatherineF said:
I understood it was 1 year or 20.000 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was, originally. But not anymore on the newer models. I think from 2012 onwards but stand to be corrected on the date change. Was changed to make the Pug workshops busier

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

My RCZ according to the chart in the dealers and the handbook is stating 1 year or 20k miles.

RCZ1

Reaction score
CatherineF said:
OO58RON said:
CatherineF said:

It was, originally. But not anymore on the newer models. I think from 2012 onwards but stand to be corrected on the date change. Was changed to make the Pug workshops busier

My RCZ according to the chart in the dealers and the handbook is stating 1 year or 20k miles.

That's right Catherine for the Mk 2 :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
CatherineF said:
OO58RON said:
CatherineF said:

That's right Catherine for the Mk 2 :thumbup:
And the Mk 1 from June 2012, unfortunately. The change was nothing to do with the facelift, rather to generate income for the service depts.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Had a similar issue with a distance sale for my RCZ.

I should have known for the start when the dealer never even bothered to email me back when I first emailed them to say I was interested in the car.

The car I bought had done less than 9K so expected the car to be I good condition. On the drive home the steering was shaking at dead on 70 mph. I called the dealer right away and was told there was nothing they could do that day because service was closed on a Sunday. I called the next morning and was told I'd have to waste a day driving back to the to get the wheels balanced. The cost of balancing locally was far cheaper than the cost of fuel was far less than the cost of the fuel to get to the dealer and back so I paid for it myself but the dealer refused to reimburse.

Worse still when I had the wheels balanced they noticed one wheel had never been balanced and the other front alloys was buckled. Spoke to dealer but as much use as a snooze button on a smoke alarm.

Anyway, after having the car for 2 weeks the engine light came on just a few hrs before I was set to drive to drive. Missed my eurotunnel train and spent the night outside the dealer I bought it from. They checked the car and said it was all ok. I drove to France only to breakdown again just north of paris. Took the car to local dealer and they were fantastic and fixed it within a few hrs having spotted,the,problem immediately (without the need for the computer).

Spoke to dealer I bought it from and was fobbed off completely. I was left over £1,000 out of pocket due to missed train, hotels. Euro disney tickets etc. Not to mention the upset kids and wife. I used to work for a small vauxhall dealer and I have to say we would have never let a car go out that wasn't immaculate and if any problems occurred we would go way out of our way to make sure the customer was happy. Come on Peugeot. Sort out your dealers.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I am in the process of a distance purchase at the moment, picking my car up tomorrow. I am worried now :shock:

A

Anonymous

My RCZ is a piece of ****.

OK so where do I start.

Last year I managed to persuade the wife that we didn't need a big car (despite having 2 kids) and we should get an RCZ.

I bought a black 9 month old GT 200 with NAV with 8,000 on the clock.

3 days after buying it we were setting off to drive to Spain for the summer and broke down on our way to Euro tunnel. We were closer to the dealer than home so managed to limp to the dealer Stoneacre Peugeot Stafford (formally Randelles). The 4 of us slept in the car until they opened and they took it in and said t was just a blip and they had rest the fault and all was ok. We missed our train and a day at Euro Disney but had no choice.

Later that night we were close to Paris when the car again went into limp mode and fan started going nuts. It was Bastille day so all hotels were booked up so we ended up sleeping at a hotel at the airport then the next morning called the dealer to complain. They said there was nothing they could do and no apology. I managed to limp to a local dealer who took the car in and fixed it the same day replacing all the spark leads.

Car was fine for a few weeks then in Spain it packed in yet again. Too it to a Spanish dealer who replaced a thermostat sensor and off we went again.

A few more weeks later the same again. I took it to a dealer in the UK who took the car in twice and replaced the high pressure fuel pump.

A few weeks later the same thing happened again but this time the temp gauge was also bouncing around although the car was not actually overheating.

It went back to Stoneacre who changed the sensor again, fixed a prob with the NAV display and a small leak on the turbo inter cooler. I drove the car back from Stafford to Manchester and when I got home I popped the bonnet and found the idiots had changed the wrong leaking bolt.
I was going away and agreed to take it back when I got back. I got back from my hols and booked the car in but before it went in the engine fault returned and the car was again in limp mode.

After lots of arguing it went in for 3 weeks where they changed the high pressure fuel pump again. Replaced the leads again, replaced the temp sensor again and fitted a new timing chain and did an engine de coke.

I finally got the car back 9 days ago and thought all was fine until last night when the fault returned yet again.
I've been back on to dealer who haven't returned my call from yesterday and the receptionist laughed when I said the car had broken again.
I've been onto Peugeot UK who know the full story and it finally looks like they're admitting the car is a lemon and are going to look for a replacement. I'd asked for a replacement or my money back months ago but dealer kept fobbing me off.

Anyone else had a bad experience with their RCZ?

A

Anonymous

Re: My RCZ is a piece of ****.

Oh forgot to mention, Stoneacre did offer to do a swap at one point. Firstly they offered me the same car without NAV and a tomtom instead. 2nd they offered me a newer diesel but I'd have to pay £6k towards it which actually worked out that they were offering me less than a PX price for my car.

2retro

Reaction score

Sorry to hear about all the trouble you've been having. Sounds like you have been very unlucky and received a 'Friday Afternoon' car. Hope you reach a solution that you are happy with soon. :thumbup:

DKZ5745

Reaction score

My Z has been fine, but I have had previous with Stoneacre - a Suzuki Swift my step-son bought.

I know it shouldn't make any difference where you get the car from, but I wouldn't go back to Stoneacre unless they had an R in for under 10k :eusa-think:

It does seem like you have been very unlucky with your car, but of course this is not exclusive to Peugeot, or the RCZ. I know people who have had the same kind of experience with BMW & Mercs so I think a lemon is a lemon whatever badge it bears.

The only difference is how this is dealt with, and I think Pug have a lot to learn from the likes of the above when it comes to customer service.

I think you have arrived at this solution just in time though, as Z's may well become a little more scarce on the garage forecourt shortly, so I would stand your ground until you get the replacement car you want.

Hope it all turns out well for you, the RCZ is an amazing car, really..... It is, honest ;)