What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ muc flaps ??

A

Anonymous

Ok, visited my local store, nothing there, apparently these flaps are no longer a stock item, "when they're gone they're gone".

My son did a re-stock check in-store and they are showing as obsolete , not good cos i think they fit very well, you may find them in a local store somewhere or try the simular ones on Ebay ?

A

Anonymous

Halfords branded. Mine were the second to last ones on the shelf at the chippenham store 2weeks ago. Just checked

today and no more left..they were in the boy racer section near the giant red ones for rally cars

A

Anonymous

Oil burner,
ive managed to get a set of the Halfords mud flaps, the same as the ones you used, however they do not show where they should be trimmed, i can only assume that you decided to trim yours back to suit. They do state "will suit most vehicles" but do not say that they should be trimmed.

Did you just decide to cut down the mould to make them smaller, if so can you see that they have been cut ?

Im just thinking that the cut will be noticeable, even though it does not look like it in your photos. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

jatac

i took a gamble
i just offered them up to the car and decided to trim them down as per the picture. i followed the moulding lines that are already there and cut using a very sharp Stanley Knife. This produced a good but some what straight egded finish, so i used the knife to carefully "shave" the edges into a more rounded profile.
in my opinion the more rounded edge gives a "manufactured" look rather than hacked around one

if you get on your hands and knees and start sniffing the wheel, mine are not perfect and could probably stand another half hour getting a final finish - maybe something i will do when the Royal wedding is on (even if its raining :crazy: )

A

Anonymous

LOL,
I love the RCZ, but not enough to sniff the wheels. :lol:

As for this "theatrical show" that is being thrown on us this week, well i may just use my stanley knife to do a bit of wrist trimming. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Honestly if the 308 will not fit then it's worth looking at the "Halfords Universal Moulded Mud Flaps" @ £9.99 they fit perfect, all you need to do is shorten them by trimming along the moulded edge.

They look like a factory fit. For £9.99 i thought chance it, and it was well worth taking the chance.

I would say though that when you trim them use a sharp knife (stanley) and cut at an angle, just not to have a straight edge.
I actualy rounded my cut edge to give a softer more natural appearance. Simple to do, just a bit of patience. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I wish peugeot did some actual mud flaps for the RCZ especially considering if you hit a puddle your cars look is ruined (if you have white in my case)

A

Anonymous

RCZ_84 said:
http://www.accessoryplus.co.uk/product/Peugeot_308_Standard_Mudflaps_9603S0

I wonder....with the 308 DNA in the RCZ would they work?....over to marcus

The front wing and where it joins the sill panel are quite different between 308 & RCZ so i dont think these would work very well.

regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

I have offered a set of 308 against the front wings and they do not fit.

A

Anonymous

Try the "Halfords Universal Moulded Mud Flaps" they fit perfectly on the front wing. All you need to do is shorten them but there is a raisd mould that you follow with your stanley knife, just take your time and smooth the cut into a nice rounded shape.
Go back to page 2 and see iol-burners thread, he has used the same flaps and has put up some pics after they are fitted.He has also shown the flaps before they are trimmed and where to trim them.

For £9.99 its worth trying, if your not happy throw them or before you trim them offer them up to the car to see if your happy with the fitting, if not take them back for a refund.

Halfords do 2 types of "universal" flaps , the ones i used are in blue packaging. £9.99, just like iol-burners.

A

Anonymous

I am in the process of modifing some mudflaps but will not be able to fit them till the weekend.These if they work will not have to be hacked to pieces to fit. These are not the Halford ones. These are made from the same material, same colour as the rear ones.

I have a problem on how to fix them on neatly at present.

Will post pictures on the forum when they are finished and fitted.

A

Anonymous

race0360 said:
I am in the process of modifing some mudflaps but will not be able to fit them till the weekend.These if they work will not have to be hacked to pieces to fit. These are not the Halford ones. These are made from the same material, same colour as the rear ones.

I have a problem on how to fix them on neatly at present.

Will post pictures on the forum when they are finished and fitted.

The halfords ones fit perfectly, they do not need to be "hacked to pieces", if you were fitting them to the rear then you just leave them as they are but on the front they are a bit too long so just trim them down at the moulded groove, simple.
They are also same colour,material and feel as the original rear Peugeot flaps, in fact the look "factory fitted".

There are no "fixing" problems as they come with plastic "popper" studs, you just drill 2 or 3 6mm holes into the exsiting plastic mould that is under the wing and push the popper studs through the flaps into the holes that you drilled.

Start to finish 45 mins.

A

Anonymous

I agree at present the Halfords one's do thier job and at a good price. Credit to Oilburner for sharing his mod with us.

I am trying to make a slimline front mudflap. One that does not cover the outer sill so much but follows the curve of the wing.

If it works then all our members benefit from the choice of two versions.

A

Anonymous

I have now posted pictures of my slimline front mudflaps as a new topic in Modification and tuning

A

Anonymous

Jactac, Can you post some pictures of your front flaps? My wife has a white RCZ and it would be good to see them on your car to compare.

Thanks in advance

A

Anonymous

Hi Jactac

Pictures of mudflaps are on my post in Mods & Tunning under Slimline front mudflaps