What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

rcz misfire at idle only

derek rcz

Reaction score
hi
im a neebie to this site as i have just bought an 11 reg rcz 1.6 thp
only 16k miles from new and i have some faults

i have just changed the plugs and coil packs as there was a misfire but now there is still a small misfire on cylinder 3 error code p1339
i drove it yesterday and achieved over 100mph on motorway but still when back to idle there was still a small misfire,engine light on this morning showing code p1339 again

any info on a repair to help me

thanks
derek

misterx

Reaction score
I'm sure someone will know what the codes mean. I recall p1339 was a anti-pollution alert but may be wrong!

derek rcz

Reaction score
thanks for your reply 'misterx'
on my code reader its no 3 coil pack which i replaced 1 day earlier
i have deleted the code and therees still a misfire but revs up on all 4 with no sighns of a misfire ?????

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
MK1 16K miles 🤔 have you any service history with the car? Just wondering if the timing chain has been changed? Because it will need doing and could be the issue but maybe it’s just down to the low mileage and may need a good blast

derek rcz

Reaction score
MK1 16K miles 🤔 have you any service history with the car? Just wondering if the timing chain has been changed? Because it will need doing and could be the issue but maybe it’s just down to the low mileage and may need a good blast

No history booklet only dvla mot history which doesn't guarantee miles.
Have had the chain checked with local garage who removed the rocker cover and plugged the crankshaft to lock and the chain is spot on
Thinking possible hpfp or maybe a duff injector only no 3 fault code
Thanks

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeh possibly injector but at that mileage probably could do with some injector cleaner running through it I would try that before swapping parts, hp fuel pump usually throws up misfire on cylinder 4.

derek rcz

Reaction score
Yeh possibly injector but at that mileage probably could do with some injector cleaner running through it I would try that before swapping parts, hp fuel pump usually throws up misfire on cylinder 4.

I have put in some fuel cleaner and done 80 miles but still missing,will try changing the injector from no 3 to no 4 to see if it fouls up no 4.if not I'm running low on head hair to keep pulling out!!!!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Just had a thought, a couple of years an owner posted a problem that no one could sort and they threw loads of parts and labour at it and the owner ended up sorting it himself and the problem was in the fuel tank where there is a low pressure pump and a filter and this filter was full of crap and needed cleaning out.
Something to look a when all else fails

yloops

Reaction score
Any update on this buddy? What was the result?

Pedro

Reaction score
hi
im a neebie to this site as i have just bought an 11 reg rcz 1.6 thp
only 16k miles from new and i have some faults

i have just changed the plugs and coil packs as there was a misfire but now there is still a small misfire on cylinder 3 error code p1339
i drove it yesterday and achieved over 100mph on motorway but still when back to idle there was still a small misfire,engine light on this morning showing code p1339 again

any info on a repair to help me

thanks
derek
P1339 is not listed in Peugeot code list's but is part the BMW Mini Prince engines fault codes associated with misfires on cylinders this may explain the misfire on No3 CylinderCapture P1339.PNG 1-3