What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ longevity...

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I’m getting an R pretty soon as my mind is made up. The lowest miles for a decent price one is around the 40-50k mark. My question is on reliability as I do a lot of miles. I these engines only good for lower miles as they seem highly strung? Or are they bullit proof with regular servicing?

Don’t want to buy into a money pit.

Thanks

Mart

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Well RCZ-R on here has passed the 100k miles and the engine is still strong, but it has to have maintenance in between to keep the whole thing going. Though most issues have been resolved from mk1 to mk2, there are areas like high pressure fuel pump, that could cause concern, end of the day you are taking in differing variables. Driving style, speed mileage etc. Overall this engine though has it's issues is no different to other well known marques, despite the badge.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Yep, over 105.000 miles here. And still going strong. Since we cleaned the intake ports a bit, she got another bit of her performance back.
As soon as the heat wave is over here, I will do a top speed test. This time I will put a camera on. Currently completing my gear for that occasion :eusa-whistle:

Guppy

Reaction score
Off the topic.... but this tip may help simplifie your search?

Visit... http://www.newsnow.co.uk and search for.... "Peugeout rcz r for sale"

This will show you every single RCZ R that is listed on the internet for sale (you may get duplicate results also).

Or... click on the below link which already has your search criteria (newly listed) first.

https://www.newsnow.co.uk/classifieds/c ... date-added

Good luck :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
There’s a couple of people on the FB Owners Group who have had timing tensioner problems with their Rs ie fuel pressure pump but soon sorted. Otherwise all good.

Ive had 2 Rs now and so far (touching wood) all good. Service and maintain it as it should be and you will be fine.

pete.garratt

Reaction score
There has been at least one instance (me, 44k miles) of variable valve lift gear failure - which requires a replacement cylinder head. This was done at the same time my HP fuel pump was replaced and just after a dislodged coolant hose wore against a drive shaft, dumping all the engine coolant and wearing through a drive shaft gaiter.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
pete.garratt said:
There has been at least one instance (me, 44k miles) of variable valve lift gear failure - which requires a replacement cylinder head. This was done at the same time my HP fuel pump was replaced and just after a dislodged coolant hose wore against a drive shaft, dumping all the engine coolant and wearing through a drive shaft gaiter.

Woh Pete that seems like a right disaster, did you manage to get it fixed under the warranty?

dare we all ask how much that lot cost? nay mind, that's not what we want to hear. !!!

Hope it's all sorted now and back to normal?

Cheers M. :beer:

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:

Well, the mechanical work has been done and seems OK.

However, several harness clips were broken and also least one sensor cable mis-routed, left flaping in the breeze, which is annoying.

However, the biggest issue is the right mess that was made of putting the front end back together. I’m still in discussion with R&D over the resolution of that one.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
pete.garratt said:
Plecodoras said:

Well, the mechanical work has been done and seems OK.

However, several harness clips were broken and also least one sensor cable mis-routed, left flaping in the breeze, which is annoying.

However, the biggest issue is the right mess that was made of putting the front end back together. I’m still in discussion with R&D over the resolution of that one.

That's a bummer, should have pointed them in the direction of my guide - just messing !!

Well I truely hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction and you are back on the road enjoying all what the Z has to offer.

Cheers Bud. Good Luck :thumbup:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
pete.garratt said:
Well, it did go round the Nordschleife 3 times this weekend - video to follow - plus there and back.

Cannot be performing badly then Pete if you did the above,
though we did have quite a sprint ourselves last year didn't we? :thumbup:

Well I for one cant wait for that, my misses says NO everytime I ask if I can go on the track, even the hill climb at Pugfest was a NO.

She's not going next time LOL :dance: :D

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
pete.garratt said:
Well, it did go round the Nordschleife 3 times this weekend - video to follow - plus there and back.

Cannot be performing badly then Pete if you did the above,
though we did have quite a sprint ourselves last year didn't we? :thumbup:

Well I for one cant wait for that, my misses says NO everytime I ask if I can go on the track, even the hill climb at Pugfest was a NO.

She's not going next time LOL :dance: :D

We did indeed, Mick, we did indeed.