What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ in snow and ice???

A

Anonymous

GarTT said:
gemini said:
Philbuk, sorry meant to mention, several neighbours in the past have had Audi TTs - I even considered one before getting the RCZ. There's now not a TT to be seen locally. All the owners we spoke to, said their nerves couldn't take the poor handling on the ungritted country roads. For urban driving then probably fine but for rural, forget it! Hopefully the RCZ will have better handling but, as just posted, I've got the best of both worlds :)

Hi TT owner here, It purely depends on what model of TT it is. The FWD is like any other FWD car in the snow and will perform very similar to the RCZ as its a similar type of car. The quattro which is what I own is great in the snow even with 19 inch wheels it grips very well and I'v passed people stuck in bmw X3s and lexus 4x4s this winter. Im in no way saying the TT quattros better than any full sized 4x4 vehicle but its important to remember drive sensibly in the snow and ice and you should be fine, its better to get to your destination slowly than having an accident. Any vehicle can skid even Range Rovers

Good point! I have a friend with a Range Rover and he points that they are good for getting traction in snow, but once you are on ice, if you need to brake, a heavy car will take longer to stop! Particularly true if you're trying to stop a 2.5t RR.

The advice on ice is to leave 10x greater distance from the car in front than usual. Unfortunately that isn't practical in busy cities. Remember, if you slide into someone, it's your fault, even if it is icy. :(

A

Anonymous

I've had two accidents in snow and ice over the years. On both occasions some idiot slid into the back of me because they were driving too fast and to close to my car. On both occasions I was hit by a BMW! Need I say anymore. :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

There is no genius brain science to all of this folks. Simply research shows one wisdom.

1. Get wise, get winter tyres on a spare set of alloys, ADAC recommend TS830s Contini winters.
2. These tyres make the rubber difference. There is a 7C rule, google it.
3. Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Finland, Sweden, Norway are just a few countries that use winter tyres. Not just because of snow or ice. Moreover, it is wise as the stopping distance is affected on your useless summer rubber over any temps from 7C or below. Thus hardly any winter rubber was left in the UK over Nov to Jan 2011.

some education on youtube to stay safe:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drOtBWhGxks&feature=fvw

rcz200it

Reaction score
Hello all, I would like to share my experience with ITC ( intelligent traction control) in detail…
Essentially one day I was in Italy in the Appennines and it started snowing..

so the car was on a slight incline..

i tried to move the car but as stated in the car manual it would not move with the tcs active so i needed to press the asr/esp button off to slip enough to get rid of the snow then the car could get grip..
Once going I depressed the asr/esp button back to active and then the system automatically detected the snow so activated itc as soon as it detects a lane departure it applied gently the brakes on the front tyres to regain direction on the flat roads, however what it couldn’t do for summer the limits was once going a mountain pass downhill keep the directionality when I was applying the brakes for the car slightly steering in to the snow at the side of the road but fortunately i was going slow so the snow on the edge stopped the car so I reapeated the procedure at the beginning.
So always best snow tyres but it did help but don’t feel over secure and best in emergency to keep slow speed