What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ IN OPAL CREAM/WHITE

A

Anonymous

Hello peeps :thumbup: i have had the rcz since july got it in opal white as it is quite a nice colour and you can wait a wee while if you order it in that colour :eusa-think: anyhow straight after delivery i noticed the the rear flanks just below the rear wheel arches seemed a bit creamy in colour i thought okay leased it not that bothered but over the last few months i have noticed that a few plastic body panels are going the same VANILLA ICE CREAM LIKE way as well:lol: IE the rear spoiler,the plastic front nose,the flanks as i have mentioned any other members noticed this.apart from the intial rear flanks the car was pure opal white and now its not :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Hmmm very worrying trend you have there J

Worth taking more pics, even going to the dealer and showing them?

Maybe....you are washing it so much you are washing the white off!!!!! ....Noooooooooo!!!

If this starts on mine, I'll let you know second, because Peugeot will be the 1st to know with a big..."And what do you plan to do about it huh?" Question left in their court.

With the advanced polymers/plastics/paint available today, not even RED cars should suffer colour loss so flippin quick!

I'd go see someone.....

Oh bugger now I'm going to check mine EVEN more often....

D

A

Anonymous

i wouldnt bee happy with it, straight back to the dealer, panels want respraying with at least two coats, under warranty.

A

Anonymous

the rear flanks/sills are not very noticeable as the are way below eye level but the spoiler is quite noticeable especially when clean as is the nose/front bumper when clean.will get to the dealers as soon as i can.thanks for replies peeps :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I think that it is a fairly common issue, as I too have reported this in the thread "how many shades of pearl" or something very similar. All the plastic elements are a differing shade to the rest of the car. The difference is very noticeable too

A

Anonymous

depends on the year of your RCZ if its one of the early RCZ it is more likely but shouldn't be that obvious considering when i had a red Grande Punto it only started to become more obvious when it was 3 years old. and the RCZ has a higher quality paint finish than that.

I would say inform peugeot of this because it is covered by 12 year warranty if i remember right. (maybe less or more)

A

Anonymous

tomy90 said:
depends on the year of your RCZ if its one of the early RCZ it is more likely but shouldn't be that obvious considering when i had a red Grande Punto it only started to become more obvious when it was 3 years old. and the RCZ has a higher quality paint finish than that.

I would say inform peugeot of this because it is covered by 12 year warranty if i remember right. (maybe less or more)

Tomy i had a grande punto 1.9 multijet sporting in exotica £200 extra :eusa-think: red it was an 06 PLATE THE FIRST IN SCOTLAND with a Sky dome roof :cool: on the road :cool: and it didnt fade :thumbup: as i am meticulous with all my cars .this car is shading in painted parts that are plastic.were you a member of the fiat forum :eusa-think: :lol:

and also the rcz quality of paint aint any better than any other car i have had as its all water based nowadays.i just picked opal white because it dont show the SWIRL MARKS up as badly as other colours

A

Anonymous

I have noticed this on all my outer plastic trims, they are turning pinkish, most noticeable are the rear spoiler and the side skirts. Mine is a 4 months old opal white model :-(

A

Anonymous

Is this just a problem with opal white because I was considering getting a pearlescent white one but I don't fancy driving a pink RCZ in 6 months time

RCZ1

Reaction score
Ron has reported a problem with his pearl white and I've seen it. The plastic bits which are painted are noticeably a different pearl white to the rest of his car. He says my rear spoiler is slightly different, but I'm struggling to see any difference. Its certainly not pink (not even Ron's). In different lights, then it may show up a slightly different tone on plastic parts (as it will with most colours).

White does need a lot of looking after. Black is notorious for being difficult to keep clean, leaving streaks, etc and reds may fade (if only one stage coats) but white will also fade if its not polished and protected. Whites can go yellowy - UV fading the paint, not quite sure about pink though :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Rcz 1 it shouldnt be cream straight from the factory this is paint tonal issues ie different parts painted in different places in the factory,if it gets worse then i will do something about it as i have just leased the car i will wait. but would be mad had i purchased the car the spoiler is the worst as you look at it everytime you open the boot.

RCZ1

Reaction score
I agree jassy, it shouldn't be like it straight from the factory. However, as I've said it isn't something that is really affecting mine.

A

Anonymous

As RCZ1 says this is an issue with the plastic panels, it doesnt matter if you have Opal or Pearl.

Plastic panels need a different sort of primer and preperation before painting, and its not just Peugeot cars that this happens to.

The colour is changing from the inside out if this makes any sense, so it does not matter if you try protecting with wax ect, it's a plasic V primer thing that then affects the laid on colour.
Addatives within polymers can migrate or "bleed" with time affecting its colour, strength ect, this is why these plastic panel are primed with an unconventional primer, but as we can all see the problem is not entirely solved.

I also recall that someone previously posted that the panels are painted at a different location to the body of the car, so if this is the case then there could already be a slight shade difference even before this plastic / primer / migration reaction problem kicks in . :eusa-think:

Luckily my Opal isnt showing any signs yet of colour difference. :D

A

Anonymous

"Luckily my Opal isnt showing any signs yet of colour difference"

Oh yes it does.......it's different from the proper white colour of Pearl white ! :clap: :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

H12RPO said:
"Luckily my Opal isnt showing any signs yet of colour difference"

Oh yes it does.......it's different from the proper white colour of Pearl white ! :clap: :eusa-whistle:

And thankfully Opal certainly is different from "Proper Pearl" or "Milky white" or "Off White" or even " Pinky White", there's a number of ways to desrcibe "Proper Pearl" .

"Proper Pearl" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah right ok :roll:

Oh, theres also "P***y Pearl", as it was recently described to me by a bodyshop technician from my local Peugeot dealer. ! :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep a Peugeot bodyshop technician showing his true colours . Obviously he is just like Opal," whiter than white" :dance: :dance: :dance:

Now lets not start the "White Colour War Games" all over again eh. :sleeping-yellow: :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Think that one has been done to death hasn't it? Anyone else that shared your believes have already been retrained :wave:

A

Anonymous

F****D the colour i wont be getting Milli Vanilli :lol: back til Monday................. :cool: TEMPRETURE SENSOR :eusa-think: a little thing like that :shock: pearl white or opal white there both nice :thumbup: asphalt grey being my FAVE I dont care for any other colours in the rcz,but A faultless rcz PRICELESS :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

"faultless RCZ Priceless" :eusa-whistle:

Do i sense a bit of Scottish sarcasm. :lol:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Think that one has been done to death hasn't it? Anyone else that shared your believes have already been retrained :wave:

Hey Ron i've just noticed that little photo you have above your name with the sexy sheep in,
So what does PP stand for,
It's gotta be "P*ssy Pearl". :lol: :lol:

Oh i have missed this banter.
We had better move this to the "banter thread" or its the naughty table again :wtf: :eusa-think: :lol:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
"faultless RCZ Priceless" :eusa-whistle:

Do i sense a bit of Scottish sarcasm. :lol:

i could have lost £200 wages for that car today :( but the guy i am working said to me JAZA :lol: your okay :cool: this is the same road my fiat went down electrics :thumbdown: comeback honda all is forgiven for your NUTZ bashing hard ride and squeeks :lol:

Ps. good luck with the interviews Banter man or is it PLASTIC MAN....................... :lol: :lol: