What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ in France

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
When i looked at the Type R GT, the sales guy was biting my hand for a deal.
The car had just 68 delivery miles, whatever that means, i guess it was a demonstrator ? and it had been registered to the dealership, so because it had been registered and had some miles on the clock, he was willing to do a very good cash deal for, £16800.
Thats almost £8000 off the basic GT list price. and this one was no where near the basic GT model !!!!!

Personaly i think they knew that for that type of car to sell it needed a buyer who was out looking for that particular high end spec, so it could be sitting there in the showroom for ages , just waiting for that buyer to come along, this is why he offered me such a good deal for cash.

If the wife had nodded just ever so slightly i would of bought it there and then.
I've Googled Type R GT loads of times since but just cannot find anything that looked like the one i seen on that day, it had been lowered, had different spoilers allround, different seats, and bigger wheels, bigger brakes , and the engine had been played around with a bit. Honda had obviously taken a basic Type R GT model and let the guys in the design dept go mad for the day. it was just awsome and i havent seen one anywhere like it since that day.

it sounds to me as if it had the MUGEN 200 kit on it which consist of different front and rear bumpers circlular xhausts larger rear spoiler and 19" lightning alloys.all expensive and exclusive extras,but your rcz sounds just good with the solstice, ng4 satnav,front splitters ;) :)

A

Anonymous

thanks m8 :beer:

Thats one thing that i am pleased with, how the RZC looks. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Just got back today from 7 days and 1000 miles in Normandy, not a single RCZ in sight except ours .As stated before by users many French people had never seen one before and were taking photos,just had Stainless Grille and quads fitted so looked even better.
First time we have a chance to give a good run and potter around on the empty roads, have improved the fuel economy from 34mpg to 42mpg(156GT Manual)Assume will return to 34mpg when back to local and town driving.Car drove like a dream.

A

Anonymous

Coming back to the original posting about RCZ in France, I was working in Lille last week and I saw an auto ecole RCZ!!! I never would have thought the RCZ would be used to teach learner drivers!!!!