What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ in France

jg43210

Reaction score
I drove my RCZ from the UK down to Paris yesterday, and am touring around Paris and Normandy for the next week. Lots of interest from the French - many of whom have said that they hadn't seen one before. And I have to say, I have yet to see another one in France! Are they even rarer than in the UK?

J.

Pearl White RCZ GT 200 THP (Black alloys/trim).

A

Anonymous

They are damn expensive in France!
At one point I considered moving to France and during that time, I checked out the RCZ prices in France (www.peugeot.fr) and the exact same configurations would cost about £5,000 more (GBP!). Perhaps that's partly the reason?

A

Anonymous

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC1vRXreEK0[/youtube]

french meeting with 55 of em

A

Anonymous

Im driving to Paris in my RCZ in Dec for the "Face of Europe" beauty pagent grand finale (not in it though lol)

jg43210

Reaction score
Update - saw an identical one to mine last night (albeit a left hooker!) while having dinner on the Seine (it was on a road along the river, not in it!).

J.

jg43210

Reaction score
Just one RCZ seen during my whole 1000 mile trip in France!

A

Anonymous

Just back from 2 weeks in Brittany and didn't see a single one since leaving Co Antrim!

xtof73

Reaction score
There must be no more than 8,000 sold in France.
This makes it quite seldom

Davie

Reaction score
just returned from Nice,two week holiday,only seen one,in Antibes,not even one in Monaco.

A

Anonymous

Come to Wales they seem to be everywhere at the moment :crazy:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Come to Wales they seem to be everywhere at the moment :crazy:

either you live too close to a rcz dealership or the welsh have no sign's of the recession or even there all tooooooo daft to buy an rcz

A

Anonymous

jassy,
honestly they seem to be every where, the rarity has completley gone in this neck of the woods at the moment, as far as i'm concerned anyway.
Last month i looked online and also in some local car ad mags/newspapers for one, just to get a bit of an headsup on second hand prices, i found 16 within just a 35 mile radius of Swansea, 9 of them being sold privately, so at the moment i think there is a bit of competition if someone wants to offload their RCZ, at least around these parts anyway.

There's two of the bloody things parked in driveways within 100 yards of my home, that have turned up in the last month, and one them just had to be an Opal GT, sods law :(

Only difference is our wheels, that one has the standard, so at least we look a bit different, when we pull up at the same junction most mornings. :crazy:

Not really sure why they have all sprung up so suddenly, but I think it's more likely to be that us taffs can be suckers for a pretty face, and that's all that the RCZ is, a pretty face, rather than not having a recession in these parts :!:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Not really sure why they have all sprung up so suddenly, but I think it's more likely to be that us taffs can be suckers for a pretty face, and that's all that the RCZ is, a pretty face, rather than not having a recession in these parts :!:

Nothing quite like Welsh lamb :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

too right m8, non of this Newzealand mutton here, it's all tender young pretty little beauties in the valleys.

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
jassy,
honestly they seem to be every where, the rarity has completley gone in this neck of the woods at the moment, as far as i'm concerned anyway.
Last month i looked online and also in some local car ad mags/newspapers for one, just to get a bit of an headsup on second hand prices, i found 16 within just a 35 mile radius of Swansea, 9 of them being sold privately, so at the moment i think there is a bit of competition if someone wants to offload their RCZ, at least around these parts anyway.

There's two of the bloody things parked in driveways within 100 yards of my home, that have turned up in the last month, and one them just had to be an Opal GT, sods law :(

Only difference is our wheels, that one has the standard, so at least we look a bit different, when we pull up at the same junction most mornings. :crazy:

i feel for you mate but at least you have more attractive alloys ;) :) i live ten miles outside glasgow cumbernauld and there is only 1 creamy P/white ;) near me in another estate.all in all i have only saw 3 in my area.a pearlwhite gt, blue sport,black gt.

also at least you had the rcz first ;) :cool:

i lived not far from a honda dealership and the type r gt in milano red was very common indeed but i had 19"rage alloys which where a £2,550 extra that tranformed the look of the car like your solstice alloys do mate :cool: so it made my fn2 look different and better looking than the rest with standard !18" alloys ;)

A

Anonymous

Totaly agree m8, changing the wheels just transforms the look of the "standard" look into something far higher up the ladder.

How did you rate your Type R ? i came so so close to buying a new GT Type R in black 3 weeks before i bought the RCZ, jesus it was quick, far quicker than the RCZ, both the 156 and the 200.

I may be wrong but i'm sure i can recall the sales guy at Honda mentioning that it had been spec'd up or something ? it looked totaly different to the other GT's in the showroom.

It frightened the day lights out of the wife, just too fast, thats the only reason why i didnt buy it. THE WIFE :evil:

I still have a very soft spot for them.
The one i looked at had all the toys on it, extra spoilers, big bold wheels, oh it was the monkeys nuts.

Again though, they are two to a penny around here, they are very popular, at least the basic GT's are anyway, and nearly always in red or black !

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Totaly agree m8, changing the wheels just transforms the look of the "standard" look into something far higher up the ladder.

How did you rate your Type R ? i came so so close to buying a new GT Type R in black 3 weeks before i bought the RCZ, jesus it was quick, far quicker than the RCZ, both the 156 and the 200.

I may be wrong but i'm sure i can recall the sales guy at Honda mentioning that it had been spec'd up or something ? it looked totaly different to the other GT's in the showroom.

It frightened the day lights out of the wife, just too fast, thats the only reason why i didnt buy it. THE WIFE :evil:

I still have a very soft spot for them.
The one i looked at had all the toys on it, extra spoilers, big bold wheels, oh it was the monkeys nuts.

Again though, they are two to a penny around here, they are very popular, at least the basic GT's are anyway, and nearly always in red or black ![/

the type r engine was the star and it wasnt love at first drive either it took me a week or 2 to get know how to drive the car ounce past 5,600 rpm it was wild when the vtec kick in the noise was addictive,the gear change was probably the best gearbox ever in a hothatch almost instantly changeable and had unbelievable grip in the corners that gave you a big cheesey grin every time,my wife was scared of it aswell she had a go i told her drive it like she is stealing it she panicked at 90mph and never drove it again ;) the honda had its gripes as well noisey suspension in the cold bad paint quality,rock hard teeth shattering ride on19" alloys !(but the black type r you mentioned must have had all the toy's on it and you made a better choice choosing your rcz I HOPE :) the 2 cars are not compareable as they years apart in there initial design and different cars ie an normally aspirated engine and turbo charged engine.believe or not the rcz is slightly better put together whether thats to do with the 6 years design gap i couldnt be sure,lets hope the rcz gets more oooooooph soon ie 200+bhp and recalibrated steering

A

Anonymous

I did find it a hard drive but not as noisy in the cabin as the RCZ, very much quicker though.

It's funny you should mention the paintwork, there are two newish Hondas in my works and both have lost that "new look" very qiuckly, no depth to the paint at all.

I also took out the new CRZ hybrid, i think it's a great looking car inside and out, but the back seats are a complete joke, the wife tried getting in the back ( all 5'3") and she had to sit with her head at an angle because of the slope in the rear glass roof.

For an hybrid it was quite nippy. But it was'snt really my cup of tea.

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
I did find it a hard drive but not as noisy in the cabin as the RCZ, very much quicker though.

It's funny you should mention the paintwork, there are two newish Hondas in my works and both have lost that "new look" very qiuckly, no depth to the paint at all.

I also took out the new CRZ hybrid, i think it's a great looking car inside and out, but the back seats are a complete joke, the wife tried getting in the back ( all 5'3") and she had to sit with her head at an angle because of the slope in the rear glass roof.

For an hybrid it was quite nippy. But it was'snt really my cup of tea.

i could of lease a crz gt for the same amount as the rcz i have just now but 135bhp aint much in a car these days although the crz looked good hondas pearlescent white,the honda civics paint could be blown off the car with twigs from trees hitting it it was that brittle/thin the rcz paint seems a bit better ie thicker and also white paint doesnt show them up as much hence i got white.

PS.I only paid £17,000 for my type r gt brand new paid £1500 for the rage alloys/yokohama tyres from a dealer on ebay and then sold my 18"s with reo50 tyres on them for £600 so the honda was a bargain,list price for my car was £23,000 which the honda was not worth that amount of money

A

Anonymous

When i looked at the Type R GT, the sales guy was biting my hand for a deal.
The car had just 68 delivery miles, whatever that means, i guess it was a demonstrator ? and it had been registered to the dealership, so because it had been registered and had some miles on the clock, he was willing to do a very good cash deal for, £16800.
Thats almost £8000 off the basic GT list price. and this one was no where near the basic GT model !!!!!

Personaly i think they knew that for that type of car to sell it needed a buyer who was out looking for that particular high end spec, so it could be sitting there in the showroom for ages , just waiting for that buyer to come along, this is why he offered me such a good deal for cash.

If the wife had nodded just ever so slightly i would of bought it there and then.
I've Googled Type R GT loads of times since but just cannot find anything that looked like the one i seen on that day, it had been lowered, had different spoilers allround, different seats, and bigger wheels, bigger brakes , and the engine had been played around with a bit. Honda had obviously taken a basic Type R GT model and let the guys in the design dept go mad for the day. it was just awsome and i havent seen one anywhere like it since that day.