What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ GT 200 with questions

RCZwonderboy

Reaction score
Hi to all, just bought my RCZ GT 200 on Friday there in pearl white and I love it lol.

I would like to ask a couple questions and I’m sorry if they get asked all the time but don’t know my way around the site yet so just wanted to see how I get on here.

ok so I bought brake calliper paint it’s in a spray can so ideally I want to take the callipers completely off to spray them and let them dry, can someone advise me on exactly what tools I will need to do this thanks.

the next question I’m sure has been done to death lol so I do apologise, but I’m thinking of getting the car remapped, I know these engines can put out a lot more than what it comes out the factory with, I’m not going crazy here either I’m just going to fit a nice breathable panel filter in and see where is best to get a remap an increase of 30bhp and some extra torque would suit me just fine. If anyone can recommend anywhere to take it to in Edinburgh Scotland or somewhere close by I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Emmett38

Reaction score
Hi mate, not sure if you'll get many replies on here (I didn't from my newbie post). I'd recommend the Facebook RCZ owners group. Everyone's really helpful.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I’ve been a member on here for nearly 7 years, and also a member of the owners club. I rarely use the FB group as I find it a much friendlier atmosphere on this forum, but have a look at both, just be careful what you post & where you post it on the FB, as you can easily fall foul of the many rules they have.

If you don’t get answers, it’s probably that you are asking questions that nobody knows the answer to.
I read this post a few days ago, but as I have never removed my callipers, haven’t had my car remapped, and have never been to Scotland, there really wasn’t anything constructive I could comment.

A search on this forum will probably reveal many answers that most people are looking for, but it seems that new members recently either don’t realise they can search, or can’t be bothered to do so and just want someone else to do it for them.

There are many posts regarding remapping, but a very specific question regarding The Edinburgh region is likely to receive far fewer replies than a more general enquiry.

As for Emmett38’s 1st post, it’s usual for new members to introduce themselves, often with a thanks for joining the forum rather than jump straight in with a bunch of fairly technical questions.
I don’t have a JBL system, wasn’t sure what an oil catch can referred to, and had no idea what a GFB DV N14 or N17 was.

An introduction will get a few people interested in your thread, then asking a general question related to you enquiry should get a few answers, then moving on to any technical details you require will likely also generate replies.

Members on here are just enthusiastic owners of RCZ’s not specific marque mechanics, so it’s quite possible that very specific questions might take a while for someone with that knowledge to come along and offer advice.

As for the OP’s question, I believe he also posted it in the RCZ general section, and has already had a few replies.

I personally find the inference that members on this forum are not helpful from someone who has been a member for less than a week very disrespectful. Maybe he would be better suited to look elsewhere for help in the future.

Last edited:

Emmett38

Reaction score
Wow, not a personal attack on you or anyone. You've obviously got a very strong emotional attachment to this forum, and that's fine. However someone suggesting you can get answers from another source of information on the internet is not disrespectful. Just my opinion that I'm entitled to thanks.

Pedro

Reaction score
Hi to all, just bought my RCZ GT 200 on Friday there in pearl white and I love it lol.

I would like to ask a couple questions and I’m sorry if they get asked all the time but don’t know my way around the site yet so just wanted to see how I get on here.

ok so I bought brake calliper paint it’s in a spray can so ideally I want to take the callipers completely off to spray them and let them dry, can someone advise me on exactly what tools I will need to do this thanks.

the next question I’m sure has been done to death lol so I do apologise, but I’m thinking of getting the car remapped, I know these engines can put out a lot more than what it comes out the factory with, I’m not going crazy here either I’m just going to fit a nice breathable panel filter in and see where is best to get a remap an increase of 30bhp and some extra torque would suit me just fine. If anyone can recommend anywhere to take it to in Edinburgh Scotland or somewhere close by I would really appreciate it. Thanks
I have a 200 gt & your right they can put out more power to the pedal from a remap but I have posted on here many times now & I will do it again no problem a Remap must be done correctly so go to a Tuner who is set up to diagnose the Health of the Engine/ ECU & BSI which is all the Electrical systems to see if there are any underlying faults also he or she should have a Rolling road (very important!) so they will be able to record an onboard diagnostic systems check when the cars reaching fully loaded parameters you can of coarse find someone with a laptop who will download a programme into the car for half the price but with no checks ?
The Calipers are easy to strip off first take off the carrier outer Bracket then unbolt the caliper & Pads & hang it off the spring with some wire but if they are dirty best to wash the lot down with degreaser first then wait until completely dry then dismantle but mask up the bleed valve & rubber hoses & cover up the suspension parts with old rags if you are colouring the parts Tools are Allen Keys preferably a set which fits onto a ratchet which makes the job easier also you need to take off the 2 rubber caps for the sliding pins they just pop out the back then fit the key in & remove the pins refitting is same as removal its a doddle

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Wow, not a personal attack on you or anyone. You've obviously got a very strong emotional attachment to this forum, and that's fine. However someone suggesting you can get answers from another source of information on the internet is not disrespectful. Just my opinion that I'm entitled to thanks.
If your intention was simply to be helpful then of course, you are entitled to your opinion, but suggesting to a new member that they are unlikely to get any replies to a recent question because you didn’t get an instant response to your 1 post And suggesting they should look elsewhere, is not the right way to endear yourself to forum members who have often over 4.5k posts helping people over 6 years.
As you say, you are entitled to your opinion, as am I.

RCZwonderboy

Reaction score
Ah thanks for the help guys, I read somewhere about the torx tool needed for properly taking them off and didn’t know what it was so I came here any chance you can find the size I would need? And it’s something I need to buy from maybe Halfords or Eurocarparts? Also I will need a calliper tool to reset the callipers as well won’t aye and someone mentioned bleeding the brakes which I don’t know what I’m doing there. Lot of hassle for some paint isn’t it, but I already bought the paint that’s the annoying part.

Here's the infamous 'before and after' photo from my GT200.

Personally, I wouldn't use a spray can as the bloody stuff gets everywhere.

I used a Foliatec kit with mine.

I also bought a new hardware kit that has the big spring clip and also the black plastic caps the mounting bolts go into. The bolts you'll need a 7mm allen key which isn't something you always get in tool kits! Can't remember the torx size for the calliper bracket holder but make sure you get the right one as you really, really don't want to round those jokers off. If you're struggling to undo them, a hand held blow torch will help massively.

As Pedro has said, taking the time to properly clean them and mask them will pay you back... don't do a half arsed job!

Cheers,

Ian B

View attachment 9957

DKZ5745

Reaction score
You could try masking everything off, I know some members have done that because of the faff that you have just mentioned. I think as has been said above, the most important thing is getting them as clean as possible before painting to ensure a durable finish.
If you do decide to mask instead of remove, copious amounts of masking tape and non porous paper is the order of the day, and meticulous attention to getting everything covered you don’t want painting. It might even involve more than one session to ensure you get Paint everywhere you want it to go.

RCZwonderboy

Reaction score
Well it’s applying some paint mate I’m not attempting to fit a turbo by myself. I just wanted clarification of tools needed before I started it so I was prepared. I’m confident I’ll get it done. Waiting on the better weather is all.

D

Deleted User

Well it’s applying some paint mate I’m not attempting to fit a turbo by myself. I just wanted clarification of tools needed before I started it so I was prepared. I’m confident I’ll get it done. Waiting on the better weather is all.

i wasn't being a dick (on this occasion) but when people start talking about bleeding brakes, but also admit they don't know how to do it... well that gives me the fear.

anyway, take your time, be safe and hope they look mint when done :)

Ian J.

Reaction score
If your intention was simply to be helpful then of course, you are entitled to your opinion, but suggesting to a new member that they are unlikely to get any replies to a recent question because you didn’t get an instant response to your 1 post And suggesting they should look elsewhere, is not the right way to endear yourself to forum members who have often over 4.5k posts helping people over 6 years.
As you say, you are entitled to your opinion, as am I.
Got to agree with DKZ
I read Emmett 38 post in the newbie section and frankly hadn't got a clue what he was asking , although to be fair that might be more about my lack of knowledge which is pretty much limited to where to find the bonnet release lever .