What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rcz fuel consumption

Penno

Reaction score
Hi all

Just purchased a 2012 RCZ from a dealer for my partner.
She loves it however bit concerned about fuel consumption and elecs
She has driven it moderately yet fuel gauge shows approx 20 mile as a loose calculous.
The dash read out states approx 34 mpg .
I know the vehicle has been stood for a while so it could be settling down to being used regularly again.
Had anyone else experienced similar issues.
The car is under a standard 3 month warranty, I'm wondering whether to inform my dealer.
Thanks in advance

bnblk17

Reaction score
Hi all

Just purchased a 2012 RCZ from a dealer for my partner.
She loves it however bit concerned about fuel consumption and elecs
She has driven it moderately yet fuel gauge shows approx 20 mile as a loose calculous.
The dash read out states approx 34 mpg .
I know the vehicle has been stood for a while so it could be settling down to being used regularly again.
Had anyone else experienced similar issues.
The car is under a standard 3 month warranty, I'm wondering whether to inform my dealer.
Thanks in advance

2 weeks ago, I bought a 2010 rcz gt 200. When I fill it up, the fuel guage drops to 1/4 tank used within about 30 miles. The range shows abour 280 miles. Coming from a 2018 Seat Leon 1.4 150hp, this shocked the ufck out of me. There are no leaks as far as I can tell, so, I too would like to know from experienced RCZ'ers if this is normal?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Before I had my 156 launch edition remapped I were getting around the 34-36 mpg, after remap it’s about 40 - 42 mpg.

daveslotus

Reaction score
2015 RCZ R with 25k miles, driven quite hard and getting an indicated 38.1 MPG. My commute is mostly open roads so this does help.

Pedro

Reaction score
I have the 200 GT & I don't think I noticed any fuel gauge issues even on a journey but opening up the throttle to clean out the residues after the car has stood for a while can make a difference although when my HPFP was dying it appeared to be on the verge of being a Petroholic & kept wanting to turn left at every shell garage it saw in the distance possibly because the fuel trims were all over the place which can cause havoc with consumption & performance etc
Regarding the fuel economy readout mine was showing from 34 to 98 on Sunday to which I usually ignore because I keep an aye on the needle to gauge & judge how much its drinking when its out & about the only other thing I can suggest is service the engine even if the seller said it had been done the usual suspects are plugs air filter & even the oil can make a difference with these engines you could also get a code scan to check the short & long term fuel trims just to see if the pressure is OK

Penno

Reaction score
he claims it was serviced, but great help that , thanks very much 👍

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
my average is always around 25-28 but i put my foot down quite abit 😬

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I used to average top 30s from my 200. Calculated the proper way obviously. Most readouts fib.
My current GT86 is one, it likes to add a couple of MPG on its readout.

Last edited: