What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ fault codes 04AE, 05FF. BSI specific (Built in Systems Interface)

Dedra1

Reaction score
Hi Folks
I was wondering if these codes could be fixed with BSI reset
or does it require other work.
I also have an engine management code P0016 which I wondered if this related to BSI systems not working properly
ie OBD system.
Any information welcome
Continue to use & enjoy the RC as it is running very well with everything working.
Engine & autobox are smooth with no loss of power.
MPG of about 33.5 seems pretty good* as I have now checked with Honest John re real life MPG for RCZ 1.6THP automatic
which owners say is about 34.5MPG.
*bearing in mind car is nearly 10 years old & does not seem to have been serviced regularly.
All the best

Jumper

Reaction score
Hi Folks
I was wondering if these codes could be fixed with BSI reset
or does it require other work.
I also have an engine management code P0016 which I wondered if this related to BSI systems not working properly
ie OBD system.
Any information welcome
Continue to use & enjoy the RC as it is running very well with everything working.
Engine & autobox are smooth with no loss of power.
MPG of about 33.5 seems pretty good* as I have now checked with Honest John re real life MPG for RCZ 1.6THP automatic
which owners say is about 34.5MPG.
*bearing in mind car is nearly 10 years old & does not seem to have been serviced regularly.
All the best
I dont know about the above but Ive replied to your post about the VVT

Pedro

Reaction score
04AE generic to EVAP emission canister Purge valve performance problem or valve stuck open ?
05FF is generic to a BSI Fault although not showing as a specific failure on any systems ?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Pretty sure you can’t fix all that with a bsi reset, but if you do a bsi reset correctly, you can’t damage anything, so it’s worth doing just to see if it does anything.

Dedra1

Reaction score
Hi Pedro & DK, thanks for replies. EVAP canister.. is that full carbon dust like material? I had problem with one on Mercedes, which
I was able to open up easily & unstick the carbon dust like material, unblock the pipe entrance & exit holes, bung it back on & voila
it was fixed....
I will look in Purge valve more closely.
The 05FF BSI fault is strange.. everything electrical seems ok, though I m not sure rear spoiler is raising automatically at speed.
Does it need to be set to come on automatically?
Cheers

Pedro

Reaction score
Just wondering about the Purge valve code 04AE ? The Peugeot code reads out P0443 & is predominantly relating to Purge solenoid control/solenoid control harness/solenoid control poor electrical connection usually symptomatic with EVAP canister surge valve "circuit malfunction" ? The OBD Code is triggered when a improper signal is sent the ECU through the valve & as it uses a on/off pulse system could it be the solenoid which is giving out the fault ?
Probably gives out Engine warning light & or Service warning light also this fault is generic across the Peugeot range of Variants

Pedro

Reaction score
Hi Pedro & DK, thanks for replies. EVAP canister.. is that full carbon dust like material? I had problem with one on Mercedes, which
I was able to open up easily & unstick the carbon dust like material, unblock the pipe entrance & exit holes, bung it back on & voila
it was fixed....
I will look in Purge valve more closely.
The 05FF BSI fault is strange.. everything electrical seems ok, though I m not sure rear spoiler is raising automatically at speed.
Does it need to be set to come on automatically?
Cheers
The Spoiler is a bit of a mystery on some cars they work fine on others like mine for instance it has only manual control & as it still works I can't be bothered as yet to find the fault if there is one :)

DKZ5745

Reaction score
The spoiler deploys to stage one at @ 55 mph. At this stage it cannot be seen from the drivers seat so a lot of people think it’s not working. Stage 2 deploys at @ 98 mph and this can be seen from the drivers seat.
One way to test if it’s working is to manually raise it whilst parked, tear up some paper into confetti size bits and put them under the (dry) spoiler then put the spoiler back down. Go for a drive over 55 mph & check when you get back if the paper has gone. If it has, it’s working.
You could also just get someone to follow you at over 55 mph, Or drive past Someone at over 55 mph. Or just drive over 98mph and look in your rear view mirror to check the spoiler instead of looking for police, 👮‍♀️

Dawn

Reaction score
The engine management lights come on last month but now it’s gone off again it went in dealership and they couldn’t find anything it’s come back on and now gone back off again
it goes to dealership and by time i get there it turns itself off
so annoying just praying it stays off
also can anyone help me with this
Head lamp washer jet cover
does anyone know where I can get head lamp jet cover mine seems to have vanished off the passenger side this will be my second lot that’s gone missing paid nearly £100 to have one fitted now I want to try and find one myself the guy at Peogeot says they can get me the paint to spray ( shark grey ktp )
I looked on eBay no luck
does anyone know if another make of model would fit

Attachments

• 03EFC5FA-9B10-47A7-B52B-BA748C9EBA20.jpeg
    03EFC5FA-9B10-47A7-B52B-BA748C9EBA20.jpeg
    36.3 KB · Views: 2

Dedra1

Reaction score
Hi , You could try S.C.B. vehicle dismantlers in Newbridge Edinburgh. Phone no. is 0131 333 2062.
Email [email protected]
They seem to have some RCZs in stock. Huge yard.
I'm sure they could send part out to you. Might not have your colour but it could be easily resprayed.
Even though your engine management light goes out the fault should still be available to scan as it is a "pending" fault
ie on the way to becoming a permanent fault.
Go to a good independent garage to scan for the fault & see if the OBD (On Board Diagnostics) have
held the fault in memory. Independent garage should be a lot cheaper than dealer.
The plug for the OBD is behind the ashtray. You need to take the ashtray out completely & lift the rubber mat.
Or you buy an OBD scanner for yourself...I have iCarsoft peugeot/citroen scanner which covers most areas & cost £95,
about the same the dealer would charge to scan your car once!!
Ebay has them
Good luck!
All the best

Dawn

Reaction score
Thank you
I been on the phone all day yesterday trying to find that part none so far
just Rang that number they had one in but sold it
if you got any other numbers let me know please 😊

Pedro

Reaction score
SYNECTIQ Doncaster (massive dismantling company) 01302 573181

Dawn

Reaction score
Hi , You could try S.C.B. vehicle dismantlers in Newbridge Edinburgh. Phone no. is 0131 333 2062.
Email [email protected]
They seem to have some RCZs in stock. Huge yard.
I'm sure they could send part out to you. Might not have your colour but it could be easily resprayed.
Even though your engine management light goes out the fault should still be available to scan as it is a "pending" fault
ie on the way to becoming a permanent fault.
Go to a good independent garage to scan for the fault & see if the OBD (On Board Diagnostics) have
held the fault in memory. Independent garage should be a lot cheaper than dealer.
The plug for the OBD is behind the ashtray. You need to take the ashtray out completely & lift the rubber mat.
Or you buy an OBD scanner for yourself...I have iCarsoft peugeot/citroen scanner which covers most areas & cost £95,
about the same the dealer would charge to scan your car once!!
Ebay has them
Good luck!
All the best
Thank you tried but no luck finding cap 😂

Pedro

Reaction score
Thank you tried but no luck finding cap 😂
Blackcountry salvage 01384898942 maybe on your doorstep ;)
Ist Choice spares 01254 386541 they also use a vehicle reg no system whereby your details are emailed into the parts systems of major breakers yards
Breakerlink UK enter reg No & they send your details to around 150 breakers)

Dawn

Reaction score
Blackcountry salvage 01384898942 maybe on your doorstep ;)
Ist Choice spares 01254 386541 they also use a vehicle reg no system whereby your details are emailed into the parts systems of major breakers yards
Breakerlink UK enter reg No & they send your details to around 150 breakers)
Thank you
I try those 😊

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Called at my local breakers who have 5 RCZ’s in various stages of deconstruction got all the parts I needed but not the part you require actually not even a bumper in sight.
I’ll keep an eye out for one though 👍

Dawn

Reaction score
Called at my local breakers who have 5 RCZ’s in various stages of deconstruction got all the parts I needed but not the part you require actually not even a bumper in sight.
I’ll keep an eye out for one though 👍
Many thanks it’s a nightmare there like gold dust to find no wonder I lost 2 of them off my car but thank you for looking 😊

Pedro

Reaction score
Many thanks it’s a nightmare there like gold dust to find no wonder I lost 2 of them off my car but thank you for looking 😊
Check on ebay etc for "Any second hand ones for sale ?" perhaps they could look very similar to the ones you lost ? its amazing how many people find their own property for sale on the web ! Good luck 👍;)