What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ Engine oil leak from Exhaust manifold Stud 1st cylinder

adnan khan

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

i got Peugeot RCZ 2013 156HP. recently, I changed the turbo intake and out oil pipes with an oil cooler gasket as these are the most common places from the oil can leak.

but still, the oil is leaking as I thought that will be the end of it.

The mechanic diagnosed that the oil is leaking from the exhaust manifold stud while there is no leak from the rocker cover gasket which is right above there.

now the mechanic is clue less why there is oil dripping from the exhaust manifold which is connected to the turbo housing.

so the only guess he could was the turbo is leaking oil into the Exhaust, there is no other way that the oil can find the path to leaking from there.

need help guys if anyone experienced the same with RCZ

lfe

Reaction score
Well, it's better to disassemble the entire turbo and manifold and repair that leak.

Turbos can be rebuilt, in many cases it is not necessary to change it for a new one.

The fact that there is oil in the exhaust is dangerous, since that area reaches high temperatures and there is a risk of fire.