What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

rcz engine noise

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Re: High and low boost problem ?

Have them check the hoses between the turbo and other items that create the boost, we had one of these collapse internally giving us an over-boost issue.

A

Anonymous

Hey thanks for that I get them to check the pipes and see if there all ok

A

Anonymous

Hello. I have the same issue? From brand new i tell them to change the time tensioner, the in and out variable pulleys , sensors in and out that reads the cam timming and the expensive vvt moter that turns the third cam .. i change also the wastegate electric solinoid valve and the wastegate vacum tube.. my problem is that the car is under power and the turbo when i push the car for max speed for 15 sec is really hot and red at the point that you afraid to open the hood...no error light
Come up but the car is not good, any help? 8500 khm has only

A

Anonymous

Attachments

• received_m_mid_1410953577640_467574b645c8eccd83_4.jpeg
    received_m_mid_1410953577640_467574b645c8eccd83_4.jpeg
    42.1 KB · Views: 3,918
A

Anonymous

Attachments

• received_m_mid_1410953577640_467574b645c8eccd83_2.jpeg
    received_m_mid_1410953577640_467574b645c8eccd83_2.jpeg
    27.9 KB · Views: 3,915
A

Anonymous

I have the same problem for 2 months now ..do you have any news ? We change everything on my car but nothing... Check engine light ,low boost,high boost, pressure leak

A

Anonymous

timbob said:
Had the warning light come on after running on the speed limiter at 60 ..... I put my foot down to the floor and switched it off this put the warning light on and car went into low power mode .... Peugeot said it was high ... Low boost problem and replace the valve , solinoid , common problem they said but a couple off weeks later I put my foot down to the floor in 6th at about 60 again and it put the light on again , same problem came up when took to peugeot but they are struggling to find out what it is any idears ?????

Also been having a sort of missfire or hesitation when going down the revs .....it's when I'm coasting with no accelerator on at about 2000 revs or lower it just doesn't feel right

It's the 200 bhp engine

hesitation is more likely due to carbon build up on the inlet mainifold/inlet valves. i blogged about my experiences here:

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/entry.php?21-T ... fold-Clean

best way to get it clean is walnut blasting though not many dealers have a blaster.

A

Anonymous

Also prices vary wildely... Most BMW Dealers do it due to the MINI's and newer 4 cylinder BMW engines being crazily susceptible to it. you can get it done for about £200 if you shop around.

Better off getting that done than spending £20 here and there looking for a "cheap" fix.

if you do have carbon build up, no ammount of fancy fuel or additives will shift it once its caked on.

having said that, a high detergent petrol (Like V-Power Nitro or Tesco 99 Momentum) coupled with the occasional fuel additive will help prevent it in future.

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
having said that, a high detergent petrol (Like V-Power Nitro or Tesco 99 Momentum) coupled with the occasional fuel additive will help prevent it in future.

the build up of carbon is from Oil, not fuel. fuel only goes into the combustion chamber, the PCV outlets are the issue. smoke and oil deposits from the PCV are sucked in to the intake (one before the turbo at the front) and the second is from the back of the engine (top left) directly into the inlet manifold. on some PSA THP 200's this was blanked off. Heavily remapped 156's seem to spew out more since boost pressures are higher.

The oil then covers the metal on the inlet manifold and back of the inlet valves and gets baked on with heat over time. no way can a GDI engine stop this build up no matter what fuel you use. its a matter of poor engine breathing and the design of GDI engines.

Catch cans can help, along with blanking plugs, but best is a Walnut blast then yearly Terraclean intake clean to help stop the build up.

WMI can help too, but can be hard to get the correct setup.

A

Anonymous

Ah I forgot that we have Direct Injection in the Prince Engine..

Used to be able to mitigate carbon build up on my old V6 MG with a catch can and decent fuel but your right enough.

On these engines the "spray" or "mist" of fuel wont ever really see the top of the inlet valves to the same extend as cars of old....

Advances in technology? Pah!