What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rcz 200hp 2011 AC compressor cut off in full throttle

Ajameen

Reaction score
Hi guy
I recently got RCZ 2011 200thp
The AC compressor cuts off with the full throttle
Is this normal?
Any solution to make the compressor always work?

Pedro

Reaction score
Surprisingly a lot of cars do that it could be the ECU controlling the Air Con System after recognising the demand for more power from the Throttle to possibly stop the Air con motor from being damaged to the sensors maybe the belt is slipping or even the gas pressure needs checking out

Ajameen

Reaction score
Surprisingly a lot of cars do that it could be the ECU controlling the Air Con System after recognising the demand for more power from the Throttle to possibly stop the Air con motor from being damaged to the sensors maybe the belt is slipping or even the gas pressure needs checking out
I took it to the agent in bahrain they told me thats normal but for some reason i think they didnt check it well so i need another solution ill check the ecu and the belt as well

Pedro

Reaction score
If the Air Con works at lower speeds then you may find its not a fault

Ajameen

Reaction score
If the Air Con works at lower speeds then you may find its not a fault
In low speed its very cold but with the full throttle the compressor cuts completely and out temprature reach up to 50°c so within 1 min the car interior becomes very hot🤣🤣

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe an issue with pressure in the system?
Too high maybe and cutting a switch?
I think compressors run from engine speed, so I assume the higher the engine speed the higher the output from the AC compressor.

Though I could be wrong. Unlikely but there's a slim possibility 😆

Ajameen

Reaction score
Maybe an issue with pressure in the system?
Too high maybe and cutting a switch?
I think compressors run from engine speed, so I assume the higher the engine speed the higher the output from the AC compressor.

Though I could be wrong. Unlikely but there's a slim possibility 😆
Maybe ill see what i can do with fabricating something ill update in the forum thanks for the post for everyone

Grimreaper

Reaction score
Yes I hunk you find that it’s programmed into most manufacturer, Coz compressor takes about 5-10 horse power to run. So when you put foot flat down you get all your horses not minus any horses due to compressor taking any so when you ask for full throttle that’s what ya get ;)
I know Fords Saab’s Jaguar’s all do it. For same reason.

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
I disagree
I have reached 250km on the speedo with aircon on
Cold air keeps on coming