What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ 200 with slight acceleration flat spot

griffster

Reaction score
otherwise all is good - great performance, incredible economy - what causes this flat spot and what is suggested inexpensive cure

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
First thing are you using premium fuel? It’s a must, then your looking at plugs and coils.
Air filter standard or high flow?

Pedro

Reaction score
Hi I had one on my 200 GT so I changed the air filter for a fast flow & cleaned the Mass Airflow sensor on the intake side & Changed the Map sensor on the intercooler side & mine appears to have disappeared but flat spots are a pain to detect & a vicious circle as you may have a failing coil pack or packs or even the plugs are saying cheerio maybe try a code read to see if its picking up a fault
good luck

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
otherwise all is good - great performance, incredible economy - what causes this flat spot and what is suggested inexpensive cure

I dunno if its the same but when my car was stock there was a flat spot mid range where to torque peaked then towards end of rev range it would pull more as the hp peaked.

After a remap no flatspot the pull from low down was crazy all the way to redline, 275nm to 360nm huge difference in torque

Pedro

Reaction score
I dunno if its the same but when my car was stock there was a flat spot mid range where to torque peaked then towards end of rev range it would pull more as the hp peaked.

After a remap no flatspot the pull from low down was crazy all the way to redline, 275nm to 360nm huge difference in torque
Let us know what size remap did you install I'm considering going up to 230 bhp to get rid of the fuel drinking lower range "drag" that plagues the 200 GTs

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
Let us know what size remap did you install I'm considering going up to 230 bhp to get rid of the fuel drinking lower range "drag" that plagues the 200 GTs
The map I had claimed 220 and 360 got it dynod and made exactly That, honestly made the car feel perfect i felt it was lacking torque before but after the map it was even quicker and surprised some cars on the road