What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rattling Machine: Common in ALL RCZs as been told?

RCZ1

Reaction score
halfGT163 said:
Squeaks, mystery rattles, things not working, dash lights coming on, stone chips, parculiar engine noises, clunking gears, sqeaky breaks, moisture inside light units etc etc...........Yep, read about them all :shock: ....

....but, nearly 9,000 miles on, we've not had any experience of any of them except a bit of squeaking from brakes, & quite a few stone chips. So if these problems are common to the RCZ, we've been incredibly lucky so far! Our RCZ is still awesome!!! :thumbup:

That's spooky I was just looking at photos of your RCZ that you posted ( or Marthamay did! - how is he by the way, not seen him on here for a while? :D ) when you first got it and you gave it it's first detail. It sure did look great :thumbup:

No problems here with my Pearl either. Still only got the one stone chip with 7400 miles on the clock :clap:

A

Anonymous

halfGT163 said:
Squeaks, mystery rattles, things not working, dash lights coming on, stone chips, parculiar engine noises, clunking gears, sqeaky breaks, moisture inside light units etc etc...........Yep, read about them all :shock: ....

....but, nearly 9,000 miles on, we've not had any experience of any of them except a bit of squeaking from brakes, & quite a few stone chips. So if these problems are common to the RCZ, we've been incredibly lucky so far! Our RCZ is still awesome!!! :thumbup:

Half,
I really do believe that anyone like yourself that owns an RCZ and has only managed to encounter the normal brake squeal and a few stone chips is indeed very lucky.
:|

So if i were you i would keep :eusa-shhh: just in case you unfortunatley do become an unlucky owner of an RCZ that does develope one of those ever so real issues from the "list" :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
halfGT163 said:

That's spooky I was just looking at photos of your RCZ that you posted ( or Marthamay did! - how is he by the way, not seen him on here for a while? :D ) when you first got it and you gave it it's first detail. It sure did look great :thumbup:

No problems here with my Pearl either. Still only got the one stone chip with 7400 miles on the clock :clap:

Hi RCZ1
Yer I'm fine thanks. Another irony is that 2 days ago my mrs asked me why I don't comment on here much now! I do log on from time to time, as does Ali, & I usually read posts out to her & visa versa, but it's very brief & to be honest life has become extremely hectic over the past few months...in a good way that is! I just read your post out to Ali, I'm quite touched that I was missed :lol:

Our puddy kat died 2 months ago, :cry: but we are just 6 weeks away from getting our Chocolate/Tan Miniature Schnauzer puppy, so we are unbelievably excited! :happy-wavemulticolor:

Ali's pinched the RCZ... :thumbdown: :twisted: We both absolutely adore that car still, but we're sad to read of the members who are having problems with theirs! It it's become a joke with everyone who knows us, that it never goes out of the garage if it's raining (unless we go away)...bit sad is'nt it :eusa-whistle:
So pleased you're still happy with yours too. We've got a lot of stone chips on front grill, & in heinsight should perhaps gone for the Pearl White with all it's layers of paint, but we love it just the same! Thanks :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Glad to hear from you Marthamay and yes you are missed :beer:

Sorry to hear about your cat, they do become part of the family. :( Your new addition will bring endless hours of fun to you both. One of my colleagues has had a series of salt and pepper schnauzers and she keeps us entertained with her tales of what they get up to. Lovely dogs.

If I could I wouldn't take Pearl out when it's raining and just keep her for the sunny, dry days but alas needs must. I sometimes take the husbands car when I go and take my mum out on a Sunday and it's raining because on those country roads they soon get muddy, especially in the approaching autumn/winter months. I get my legged pulled for doing it too, so you are not alone :thumbup:

Anyway hope to see you on here a little more and don't forget to post some pics of your new addition when you get him or her :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
halfGT163 said:

Half,
I really do believe that anyone like yourself that owns an RCZ and has only managed to encounter the normal brake squeal and a few stone chips is indeed very lucky.
:|

So if i were you i would keep :eusa-shhh: just in case you unfortunatley do become an unlucky owner of an RCZ that does develope one of those ever so real issues from the "list" :thumbup:

:lol: When she's in the RCZ, the rest of the world fade's into insignificance. 2 Sundays ago my mrs (halfGT163) dropped me off at golf & on the return journey home a loud creaking/squeaking developed :eek: After a frantic 10 miles or so, during which she's thinking 'Oh God....it's started, life is no longer worth living', she realised it was coz the rear seat was down & where I'd taken my clubs out, the lack of weight was causing it to knock & creak :oops: :roll:
I'll be honest & tell you if we do get any issues :thumbup: Sorry so many people have!

Reckon if we did start getting 'major' issues with it, I would be tempted to wander past the nearest A*DI showroom.....Oooops, sorry for the language :lol:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Glad to hear from you Marthamay and yes you are missed :beer:

Sorry to hear about your cat, they do become part of the family. :( Your new addition will bring endless hours of fun to you both. One of my colleagues has had a series of salt and pepper schnauzers and she keeps us entertained with her tales of what they get up to. Lovely dogs.

If I could I wouldn't take Pearl out when it's raining and just keep her for the sunny, dry days but alas needs must. I sometimes take the husbands car when I go and take my mum out on a Sunday and it's raining because on those country roads they soon get muddy, especially in the approaching autumn/winter months. I get my legged pulled for doing it too, so you are not alone :thumbup:

Anyway hope to see you on here a little more and don't forget to post some pics of your new addition when you get him or her :thumbup:

Well, it's not really RCZ related, but here is our puppy at 2 weeks old, eye's just opened. His name's SNOWDON & is apparently only the 2nd Choc (Liver)/Tan Mini to be born in UK! :dance:

Attachments

• LAPTOP Snowdon.jpg
    LAPTOP Snowdon.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 4,974
A

Anonymous

Just a bit of an heads up here regarding rattles and creaks.
i found today whilst washing the car that the chrome tail pipe does flex a little bit and it makes a bit of a creaky rattle noise , so this may be what some of us are hearing from the rear of the car, as the tail pipe is attached to the underneath of the bumper and could be moving slightly with the movement of the bumper over uneven roads ect. ?

By the way Marthamay, i just love the pup, i have begged Mrs H to get a dog but due to our working hours it's not really practical.
We tried it a few years ago and it didnt work out, but one day i will get my way :dance:

A

Anonymous

halfGT163 said:

:eusa-think:
Here here 16000 miles and no problems at all And I SHOUT ABOUT IT in case a few posts make everyone thing they have bought a dog, not a lovely pup like above.
My manager had a new 3 series when they got curvy and it squeaked so much all the dash was replaced, so it can happen to any new car. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Quick update on the now highly irritating rattle. Went for a drive with a technician on my third trip to the garage. The verdict? " that is a strange noise, I've never heard anything like that before........roughly translates to " I don't have a clue what's wrong with it" booked in again next week and the saga continues .......

A

Anonymous

RCZ White said:
halfGT163 said:

:eusa-think:
Here here 16000 miles and no problems at all And I SHOUT ABOUT IT in case a few posts make everyone thing they have bought a dog, not a lovely pup like above.
My manager had a new 3 series when they got curvy and it squeaked so much all the dash was replaced, so it can happen to any new car. :eusa-think:
:clap:
:text-goodpost:

A

Anonymous

The cause of my rattle/vibration was found today. I took Pearl2 to the main dealer (the very one that I have expressed lots of dissatisfaction with) Well better service could not have been offered. I arrived early, but was immediately dealt with. The service manager who "has an ear for these things" took her and I for a quick spin. She immediately began to rattle on Queue I was so pleased until he reached below the dash board and retrieved an old tin from the shelve. Whoops..... that would be my fault then!!!

A

Anonymous

Marisa said:
Quick update on the now highly irritating rattle. Went for a drive with a technician on my third trip to the garage. The verdict? " that is a strange noise, I've never heard anything like that before........roughly translates to " I don't have a clue what's wrong with it" booked in again next week and the saga continues .......

may i suggest going down to halfords / autosave, buying a can of spray lube... and then giving said noisy area a little scoosh.

I know its 2011 and a £20,000 car but it still doesnt absolve any buyer from tackling basic maintenence...

heck Me and my mate steve spent 2 weekends trying to find a squeaka nd rattle on his Fezza 355 and it was solved not by expensive garages, not by trawling forums but by applying simple 1960s mechanical knowhow and doing a little lubing. :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

An encouraging word for anyone who has NOT had any problems so far with their RCZ. We've just been to Norwich for a few days, & while trawling a Morrisons car park looking for a parking space, I spotted a white RCZ with a gentleman loading his shopping into the boot, so parked next to it.

We were'nt in our RCZ, but struck up a convo with the guy, & when I said we had one, his face lit up & he was delighted to talk RCZ's. Basically he does a high mileage & has had his car for 14 months & thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. He said he had'nt had any gripes or problems whatsoever with his RCZ (besides 2 routine dealership recalls), during it's entire 46,700 miles, & is so thrilled with it, he has just ordered a new RCZ in Pearl White, as his current one is the ordinary White.

So we're not alone guys/gals :lol: :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
"i do"

It's like a hollow rumble knocking noise. ( i truly hate it)

Out of curiosity which size wheels are you on ?

I'm on 19" solstice, and i'm thinking this is adding to the "road noise" ?

I've also recently noticed that the front calipers "knock" when touching the brake pedal at very low speeds, parking for instance.

Its not the calipers knocking, its the pads moving. When the brake is off they settle in the middle of the slot, as soon as you touch the brake they move to the end of the slot in the direction of rotation. I am not sure if the anti rattle kit is separate on the RCZ, if it is fit a new one.

A

Anonymous

Have had the same problem - awaiting part - they tell me it's a defect nut on the suspension, not sure how long it will take to get part. They tell me it's not dangerous to drive while i am waiting, but not really convinced I should take the car too far.

A

Anonymous

I'm now waiting for parts too. They've said it looks like its the shock mounts. Apparently it came up as a flash warning from Peugeot as a common fault? Hopefully this will cure it

A

Anonymous

Could I just add after reading this thread and some others I am amazed how some people feel the need become all defensive and criticise those posting something negative on the forum.
I am experiencing issues with my RCZ and yet I still love it! I am however realistic about things and realise that sometimes things will go wrong especially on new models.

I thought the objective of the forum is to share experiences good and bad and maybe get some advice. If everyone just posted nice fluffy comments we would all be living in ha ha land.

So please if someone has an issue with their RCZ instead of pointing out how many people DON'T have a problem with their car, you could try writing something helpful!!

Rant over :)