What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Range Rover Evoque

RCZ1

Reaction score
Well the OH's Discovery 4 is sick (has a very nasty oil leak which has just been highlighted as a recall issue). His car is dismantled waiting for the parts to arrive, which are on back order, so he could be without it for a month. His dealership has given him a Fuji white Evoque Dynamic in the meantime. It's top of the range and I think it must have every conceivable extra on it. Some are very gimmicky but it feels well put together and is really a very nice car. I do think its more of a woman's car and hubby doesn't look right driving it but I like it. The mpg isn't very impressive though but it does feel very car like when you drive it as its much lower than the Disco 4, the acceleration is impressive.

The only trouble is they are common as muck, they are EVERYWHERE.

Would I have one.? ....... No! It is a nice car and it's got lots of nice toys, including a TV, but it lacks a bit of soul, I think.

A

Anonymous

My partners son has one it cost a couple of grand more than my rcz but mine has all the toys and he's is bottom of the range. He wishes he got higher spec but it certainly can move when it wants to.

I see at least 3 or 4 a day so not very individual.

Opal white GT with type 1 matt stripe.

A

Anonymous

I just love the Evoque, :thumbup:

There's a dark burgundy one with the windows tinted out just around the corner from where I live, it looks lovely, I also think it looks great in white, If I were to have one it would be between them 2 colours.

Bit thirsty though to run around in every day . :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I like them a lot, personally I'm not a fan of 4wd cars that are over-butched in the styling dept. for the sake of it and the Evoque strikes a great balance to my eyes.

But yes, they are as common as muck!

Sent from my hot tub using Tapatalk 2

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Some are very gimmicky but it feels well put together and is really a very nice car. I .

I like the all round cameras that show up the wheels/kerbs ...no kerbed wheels again ..... AND being able to pick the colour of the ambient interior lighting....pink/blue/white ...gotta love a girly gimmick! And it's able to park itself, always a bonus :)

RCZ1

Reaction score
donnaj1dlh said:
RCZ1 said:
Some are very gimmicky but it feels well put together and is really a very nice car. I .

I like the all round cameras that show up the wheels/kerbs ...no kerbed wheels again ..... AND being able to pick the colour of the ambient interior lighting....pink/blue/white ...gotta love a girly gimmick! And it's able to park itself, always a bonus :)

Yes the all round cameras are good but I haven't used them. Still using the wing mirrors. Suppose it takes a little while to get used to.
I didn't know about it being able to park itself. I've seen it demonstrated on you tube. We'll have to give that a go, but somewhere safe :)

That's the first thing I did, messed around with all the different combinations of ambient lighting. I'm particularly impressed with the little puddle lights in the wing mirrors, which, as they swing open, when you unlock the car when it's dark, display an outline sketch of the Evoque. Small things eh ...... ;)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
That's the first thing I did, messed around with all the different combinations of ambient lighting. I'm particularly impressed with the little puddle lights in the wing mirrors, which, as they swing open, when you unlock the car when it's dark, display an outline sketch of the Evoque. Small things eh ...... ;)

So you've not ordered those (rather cheesy IMO, sorry) puddlelights from RCZ Performance then? Oh yeah, you're not 17..... :)

RCZ1

Reaction score
donnaj1dlh said:
RCZ1 said:

So you've not ordered those (rather cheesy IMO, sorry) puddlelights from RCZ Performance then? Oh yeah, you're not 17..... :)

Erm...... [clears throat] ... I quite like them..... But I wouldn't want to mess around with the electrics....
By the way, who told you I'm not 17... Lol ;)

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
RCZ1 said:

Unfortunately not included in the base model the one I have experienced had the mood lighting and Bluetooth music playback capabilities nothing much no sat nav but had auto lights and wipers dual zone climate control not sure if it had the puddle lights.

But top of range look more interesting especially with the dual exhaust and adaptive suspension 4wd.

The best feature of the media sat nav is that from the drivers side you see maps and other information whilst the passenger can watch a DVD from their side works on some kind of prism / light refraction technology.

Opal white GT with type 1 matt stripe.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Yeah the split screen feature of the Sat Nav / DVD is very neat.

This car must cost around £50k with all the extras on it.