What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Random I-Pod is back again

A

Anonymous

My I-Pod, which has recently started working again in the car has now randomly "stopped" again :thumbdown:

Wonder how long I have to leave it this time before it miraculously sparks itself back into life again :eusa-think:

Got out of the car this morning, I-Pod working fine. Got back in a few hours later, not working.

Been through my routine to try and getting it working - no joy.

Right, lets start loading that Boot up again with a shedload of CDs :roll: :sleeping-yellow: :roll: :sleeping-yellow:

(Before anyone suggests that it might be the I-Pod, it works fine with all other gadgets I use it on and it never missed a beat in my previous car.)

RCZ1

Reaction score
Do you get a message displayed on the screen (of the car, not the iPod)?

I always play my iPod in the car but today I had my new iPhone 4s plugged into the USB to charge it and was playing my music through that. However I did notice that each time I turned the engine off and then restarted it, there was no sound but you could see that the time counter for the song was going, like it was still playing the song. At one point I did get a message like "USB not recognised" or something similar. Each time I unplugged the USB from the car connection and plugged it back in again and everything was ok.

I did try streaming the music today too and I have to say the sound quality from streaming is amazing. I didn't think the sound could get any better but I was mistaken. :)

A

Anonymous

Hi,

No message displayed.
It's like it's always been - as if it's on pause.

Went through the routine of unplugging / replugging everything and holding the List / Refresh Button - doesn't want to know today.

I'll leave it for a week (hopefully not month/s like last time) and give it a try once again.

Becoming a bit boring now though going through this routine every couple of months :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Nope - it's as though it's on Pause.

Left it for a week now - still doesn't want to know.
Took about two months last time before it randomly sparked back into life.

I suppose it adds to the enjoyment of this car - and I could have a lot worse things happening after reading Others recent posts / problems.