What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rain-X

RCZ1

Reaction score
Gorwell said:
RCZ1 said:
The Gtechniq G1 would as the bottles are tiny so are posted through the letterbox :thumbup:

Mmm.....interesting.
Might have more of a look at this stuff then.

At least try a bottle to see if:

1) It'll fit through the Letterbox :thumbup:
2) It's better than Rain-X :eusa-think:

:beer:

Something that might be worth thinking about - if you do alot of town driving - urban driving ie 30 - 40 mph, then Gtechniq G3 might be for you, as its designed for this sort of driving. Durability is about 3 or 4 months. If you do more high speed driving than Gtechniq G1 is the answer. Durability is up to 20k miles or 2 years. I do a bit of both but found G1 works fine for me.

Telford Steve said:
I tried Rain-X and although it was excellent, it didn't seem to last very long. Not sure but maybe I use the screen wash too often.

I'll give Gtechniq G1 a go and compare....

I don't think you will be disappointed. I wouldn't be without it. :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Gorwell, like anything - it's all in the preparation. The glass has to be squeaky clean and free from contaminants to get the benefit of it. If you do that, you won't have any problems. It's always best to put on the least amount as possible - less is more, you can always apply more but you can't take it off again.

I've put it on 5 cars now and none have had any problems with smearing, wiper juddering, etc.
I just followed the instructions to the letter the first time I used it and Bob's your uncle!

A

Anonymous

Gorwell

I put it on as a novice last year. I cleaned the glass with the micropolish that you can also get from gtechniq, and then rinsed the windscreen with water. it felt a little sticky to the touch; and i put this down to perhaps some of the superguard (or whatever) treatment that peugeot put on the car. I gave it a wipe over with some meths and it felt squeeky clean.

I then followed the instructions and did three coats and then buffed it. i used a lot of elbow grease rather than the remover which is supplied. The finish was perfect and is still serving me well 12 months later.

hope this is useful?

dave

RCZ1

Reaction score
eyetiepie said:
Gorwell

I put it on as a novice last year. I cleaned the glass with the micropolish that you can also get from gtechniq, and then rinsed the windscreen with water. it felt a little sticky to the touch; and i put this down to perhaps some of the superguard (or whatever) treatment that peugeot put on the car. I gave it a wipe over with some meths and it felt squeeky clean.

I then followed the instructions and did three coats and then buffed it. i used a lot of elbow grease rather than the remover which is supplied. The finish was perfect and is still serving me well 12 months later.

hope this is useful?

dave

That's good news :thumbup: How many miles have you done so far?

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
Just had a look for the Gtechniq G1 and stumbled across Detailing World:

http://www.detailingworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=205424

Seems to require quite a lot of preparation :eusa-think:

And quite a few posts about getting it wrong :?

Think I'll wait for a fellow novice to have a go first and see how they get on :thumbup:

if you have RainX stick with it :thumbup: this g1 it seems is hard too achieve perfect results never mind it being in winter time.i have no doubt it last longer than rainX it should as there are several applications involved in the process,i like rainXing my car for lack of better word :lol:

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
Think I'll wait for a fellow novice to have a go first and see how they get on :thumbup:
That's me then. I decided to treat my wife's car rather than my own, being the first time and all...... She has never forgiven me !!!! It'll take more than a £65 iron to smooth this one over :thumbup: