What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rain-X

A

Anonymous

Anybody know what's happened to Rain-X :eusa-think:

Can't find any in Halfords, Tescos or any local car shops at the moment :cry:

Any updates - and shops selling it - gratefully received :thumbup:

Having to use my Wipers at the mo - not happy as there's no adjustable intermittent wipe :thumbdown:
(My last car had six timing options - perfecto :thumbup: )

A

Anonymous

Put em on auto and forget about em. Better than variable :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Have you tried B&Q?

You could always try Gtechniq G1 - it's much better.

Never thought of B&Q - Do they sell car stuff :eusa-think:
I'll have a look tomorrow :thumbup:

If I can't find any Rain-X soon, then I'll have to change Product.
Can you get the Gtechniq G1 in any local shops - or do you have to get it on-line ??

:beer:

OO58RON said:
Put em on auto and forget about em. Better than variable :thumbup:

I can't stand the Auto Ron - the car does what it wants and their usually going at 6000rpm.

I'm so busy being mesmerised by the speed of them flinging themselves back and fore that I forget to watch the road :eek: :helpme:

I got some in my local Halfords, admittedly about 2 months ago, so it's still out there.

Cheers Pete.
Been looking in all the local Halfords for around 2 months meself - they just seem to be selling the Anti-Fog stuff, which thankfully, we don't need for this car.
Might have to go on-line for it :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Try sainsburys, I was in there today and they had two types of rain x

RCZ1

Reaction score
Gorwell, yes B&Q sell car products.

You can only buy Gtechniq on- line. Lots of places on line now sell it.

A

Anonymous

i have just Rain X ALL MY WINDOWS AGAIN :shock: As i got my side windows tinted yesterday and the chap who did it had to get templates for windows by sticking the plastic to the windows soi thought i would give a good seeing too :lol: today since it was dry i used Rain X glass cleaner then Rain X that should me through the winter it is available i just purchased some today :)

A

Anonymous

Halfords in Sittingbourne still stocks the 200ml bottles £6.99.

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
As i got my side windows tinted yesterday.....

Did your Guy do some sort of Light Meter Test to ensure that enough light is getting through ??
Cops in this area are quite hot on this sort of thing and have a machine that measures the light going through.

Can't remember the percentages, although if it "fails", they make you peel it off on the side of the road - or take the fixed penalty. I think the fixed penalty carries 3 points as well, so unsurprisingly, most people opt to peel it off.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies on the Rain-X :thumbup:

Didn't get a chance to look in B&Q today - got dragged off to an Antiques Fair in Carmarthen :helpme: :crazy: :wtf: :cry:

There's a couple of B&Qs I can try and one massive Sainsbury's so hopefully all will be good.
My fault for running out at this time of year - it's not like it doesn't rain much in Wales ;) :roll:

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
jassyo06 said:
As i got my side windows tinted yesterday.....

Did your Guy do some sort of Light Meter Test to ensure that enough light is getting through ??
Cops in this area are quite hot on this sort of thing and have a machine that measures the light going through.

Can't remember the percentages, although if it "fails", they make you peel it off on the side of the road - or take the fixed penalty. I think the fixed penalty carries 3 points as well, so unsurprisingly, most people opt to peel it off.

yes its legal i aint that daft :) but my car is white and it dont take a lot of tint to make the windows look dark as the interior is as you know dark and the windows are small on the rcz also the tinted rear makes a big difference letting very little light into the cabin

A

Anonymous

Hi jassyo06, It would be great to see some photos of your RCZ with the windows tinted as I've been thinking of doing the same

A

Anonymous

RCZ MATT said:
Hi jassyo06, It would be great to see some photos of your RCZ with the windows tinted as I've been thinking of doing the same

i will resize them in photo bucket then post some photos for ya matt as i cant upload straight from my pictures folder on my pc :(

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
RCZ MATT said:

i will resize them in photo bucket then post some photos for ya matt as i cant upload straight from my pictures folder on my pc :(
nice one, i look forward to seeing them :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Have you tried B&Q?

:thumbup:
Got last three bottles in B&Q this morning :dance:

If the Gtechniq G1 could be picked off the shelf, I'd try some.
Problem with Internet is that unless it goes through the LetterBox, I'm never in to receive collection.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Gorwell said:
RCZ1 said:
Have you tried B&Q?

:thumbup:
Got last three bottles in B&Q this morning :dance:

If the Gtechniq G1 could be picked off the shelf, I'd try some.
Problem with Internet is that unless it goes through the LetterBox, I'm never in to receive collection.

The Gtechniq G1 would as the bottles are tiny so are posted through the letterbox :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
The Gtechniq G1 would as the bottles are tiny so are posted through the letterbox :thumbup:

Mmm.....interesting.
Might have more of a look at this stuff then.

At least try a bottle to see if:

1) It'll fit through the Letterbox :thumbup:
2) It's better than Rain-X :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I tried Rain-X and although it was excellent, it didn't seem to last very long. Not sure but maybe I use the screen wash too often.

I'll give Gtechniq G1 a go and compare....