What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rails dilemma

Pugrcz11

Reaction score
I just wanted to see what fellow rcz owners opinions was on what to do with my rails. My car is black with black alloys and silver rails. Recently one of my co-workers dad who owns a garage got a cat d write off rcz and he painted the rails black, this got my attention because my silver rails are looking a bit weathered, I like the idea and have seen other rcz's in all black, I asked him how much it cost his dad to have them wrapped in black and he said £80. I thought this was very reasonable, but they said they prefer the silver rails on my car and that simply just polishing them would make them look better. I've also been told that they could be re-coated. So I've got a bit of a dilemma, do I wrap them in black, polish them or get them re-coated? What would the ladies and gentlemen of this forum do if they were in my situation?

A

Anonymous

There's no harm at all in giving them a polish first. I'd recommend a gentle polish such as Dodo Juice's Supernatural Micro Prime polish. Don't go near them with a machine polisher!!

A

Anonymous

My pref is for polished aluminum, but some colours look ok eith black. If you are polishing, go in one direction down the rails - no side to side or swirling - It shows. There are profesionals ariund that do the truck fuel tanks and bars - there the ones that look like smurfs.

A

Anonymous

hi there,

its all personal taste, but its got to be black rails IMO :)

Stu

Attachments

• RCZ avatar.jpg
    RCZ avatar.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,912

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Just bought a Moroccan red gt200 with matt black rails. Looks much better than ones I have seen with silver, but it is a personal choice. Look on google images and check out how black Z's look with both silver & black rails & make the decision.

Pugrcz11

Reaction score
Thanks for your opinions guys. I'm still undecided at the moment, but when I decide I'll be back with pictures of before and after.