What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Radio trouble

Robskee_013

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So my RCZ is finally running right (aside a P0054 & P0140 error plauging my heater)

But i kinda want to change the radio, now i've dabbled in the whole radio swap circus, i used to own a Astra and Smart For 2.
Had no issue there, had to do some repinning after checking the manual, but it's been fun and productive.

But my baby is struggeling like crazy to give up its radio system, i decided i didn't want to get rid of it all together, found a bluetooth module for a rear connector.
Since i didnt want to get rid of the main screen and its fancy pop up feature.

I have no clue what i need to do to get the radio to come forward, i removed the ashtray, the climate panel, but when i insert the two sword tools it wont slide forward.

One of the tools even got stuck in the radio and in the proccess of getting it out, i pulled the front plate off the metal housing (of the radio)
I managed to snap it back into place, luckily it continues to work to this date.

Any pointers as to how to get this out, without damaging it.

The tools i used are linked in the picture
I only have two of them, should it be 4 at a time ?

Any help is really appreciated, thanks guys

Attachments

• HTB1SAS7XJjvK1RjSspiq6AEqXXa1 (2).jpg
    HTB1SAS7XJjvK1RjSspiq6AEqXXa1 (2).jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 3
  • radio-removal-tools-sword-shape-for-audi-renault-mercedes-volkswagen-peugeot-citroen-ford-seat...jpg
    radio-removal-tools-sword-shape-for-audi-renault-mercedes-volkswagen-peugeot-citroen-ford-seat...jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 2

2retro

Reaction score
You sure you're using the right removal keys? Mine needed the U-shaped ones as there were 4 holes to insert them into...

Robskee_013

Reaction score
You sure you're using the right removal keys? Mine needed the U-shaped ones as there were 4 holes to insert them into...

yeah, I think these are the right ones, since these fit the slots.

I'll include a picture of my radio
The spots are above the Bluetooth and HDD symbol, and above the cd insert.

Attachments

• DDF6F52C-BFC6-4742-8792-7FE8910DEA9D.jpeg
    DDF6F52C-BFC6-4742-8792-7FE8910DEA9D.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 23

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine had the NG4 like yours. Mine seemed to come out easier than yours, push in tools and pull.
You are putting the tools in the unit correctly?

Robskee_013

Reaction score
Mine had the NG4 like yours. Mine seemed to come out easier than yours, push in tools and pull.
You are putting the tools in the unit correctly?

Well i put them in like this, the cutout towards the radio module.

Attachments

• Disassemble 1.jpg
    Disassemble 1.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 12

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes that seems right from memory.
Are you doing all 4 at once?

Last edited:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I’ve only ever seen the U shaped ones and they slot into 4 holes 🤔

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 4 of the tools OP has shown above. From memory (which isn't that great, plus I've had my GT86 nearly 2 years) you put all 4 in together, "curved/serrated" side innermost, push them in really well, then use them to pull the unit out.
I do recall the cables aren't very long, also having the gear lever in 4/6 helps with room.

Goatz

Reaction score
I did this today on my NG4. Be sure to disconnect the battery and wait 3 minutes.
first you need to take out the ash tray, and the rubber matt below it. There are 4 torx screws, unscrew the inner two and be careful not to loose them through the gaps. you can now take off the plastic face surrounding the bottom half. This covers two lower clips of the NG4 face. After this you insert 4 of the keys you have, curved edge facing inwards and pull. Unplugging the cables can be a pain. The black cable at the top has a swing, you need to push down on the area in front of the swing to release it, then pull the swing towards you to release, same with the pale blue one. The three at the bottom right have clips you need to raise to release. The other cables all wiggle out.
good luck!!

Robskee_013

Reaction score
I did this today on my NG4. Be sure to disconnect the battery and wait 3 minutes.
first you need to take out the ash tray, and the rubber matt below it. There are 4 torx screws, unscrew the inner two and be careful not to loose them through the gaps. you can now take off the plastic face surrounding the bottom half. This covers two lower clips of the NG4 face. After this you insert 4 of the keys you have, curved edge facing inwards and pull. Unplugging the cables can be a pain. The black cable at the top has a swing, you need to push down on the area in front of the swing to release it, then pull the swing towards you to release, same with the pale blue one. The three at the bottom right have clips you need to raise to release. The other cables all wiggle out.
good luck!!

Well... I’ll have to order 2 more tools xD
And when I disassemble it I’ll have to make sure to take out the 3 torx screws, one already disappeared during my last attempt 😂

I’ll give it a try thanks for the comment, and maybe a tip from my side, use a magnetized screwdriver and a magnet on a rod to make sure none take another dive down the rabbit hole 😂

Goatz

Reaction score
I did the same hence my warning :)
dont worry, the two outer torx are for the gear stick surround, if you take this off you can get your hand in to find the screw

the hard bit is getting the cables out of the back. You'll enjoy that bit :)

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I had a component failure in mine, I can't recall what it was but it melted something or other. Totally borked the unit. It went from intermittent switch offs, the nav not loading maps, to totally dead. I think I posted about it on here.

I bought another one off ebay and coded it to my car. Vaguely recall it was from a 5008, different faceplate but same unit. So it was just a case of swapping the RCZ faceplate on to it, easy enough.

Robskee_013

Reaction score
For me it’s not so much that the unit is broken, more the plan to swap the tulip plugs for a Bluetooth module that supports a2dp.

unfortunately my car does support Bluetooth but just not to transmit music audio so I wanted to swap it out, but that would eliminate the purpose of the pop up screen.

so the cheap dongle it is

Bobby D

Reaction score
What is a2dp? I simply plugged a BT receiver into my aux socket in glove box now I have Audio BT. Make sure you buy the auto pwr on BT unit. (The one without a built in battery)

Bobby D

Reaction score
Wireless Bluetooth NFC Receiver 5.0 aptX LL RCA 3.5mm Jack Aux Audio Adapter

This was the listing on eBay. £9.59

Bobby D

Reaction score
Looking for some radio or satnav updates if anyone can help.