What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

R back box (muffler) delete, or custom exhaust

ChrisS

Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone with an R version done a back box muffler delete, or installed a after market exhaust for more noise - snap crackle and pop...

I can see you can get supersprint for the standard rcz but nothing for the R as far as I can see.

Cheers.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Don't think that there is much available for the R.
I'm going to have my zorst modified by a professional, he put a full S/S quad system on Neilgsxr69 's car and the sound is mint. I don't want the system changing just a bit more noise. I suggest sourcing services local to you, good luck and post your result. Cheers M.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Guppy

Reaction score
ChrisS said:
Hi

Has anyone with an R version done a back box muffler delete, or installed a after market exhaust for more noise - snap crackle and pop...

I can see you can get supersprint for the standard rcz but nothing for the R as far as I can see.

Cheers.

Snap crackle and pop is for boy racers! What you need is 'ROAR' see here: https://youtu.be/RD-lhnsAasE

ChrisS

Reaction score
Guppy said:
ChrisS said:
Hi

Cheers.

Snap crackle and pop is for boy racers! What you need is 'ROAR' see here: https://youtu.be/RD-lhnsAasE

Yeah - my BB delete on my previous car (z4) gave both - though the one in that clip is a nicer growl - I wonder what it cost. I only really want a cheap solution, not an expensive racing exhaust - well, see if I win anything on the lottery first! :p

ChrisS

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
Don't think that there is much available for the R.
I'm going to have my zorst modified by a professional, he put a full S/S quad system on Neilgsxr69 's car and the sound is mint. I don't want the system changing just a bit more noise. I suggest sourcing services local to you, good luck and post your result. Cheers M.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I found supersprint do these https://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/p...r/rear-exhaust-racingbravailable-soon.aspx#!/ but £400 plus fitting, I wanted something cheaper.

As mentioned elsewhere my previous car (z4) had a BB delete - literally muffler cut off and replaced with straight pipes. £150 all in. I might look at that but wanted to see if anyone else (with an R) had done the same to gauge the noise. My z4 was LOUD inside... (as well as outside) and I think the R's standard exhaust is vaguely 'tuned' for a bit of noise - just not that much... :thumbup:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Cheapest solution is going to be a resonator delete it’s going to give you a lot more growl!

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Well I might sound ( see what I did there - DOH ) as if I know what I'm on about but you've lost me with....

BB delete - back box delete and now Neils - resonator delete !! ?? pardon? excusing moi ?

:eusa-think:

RCZ-R

Reaction score
That one is just sick. Have a look/hear :lol:

https://youtu.be/TryT0cqT5Y0

I haven't done anything to my R's poop pipes cause I use the car on a daily basis. But the whole exhaust system got a bit louder over the time and pops a bit when hot.

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
Well I might sound ( see what I did there - DOH ) as if I know what I'm on about but you've lost me with....

BB delete - back box delete and now Neils - resonator delete !! ?? pardon? excusing moi ?

Join the ignorant old gits club! :oops:
:beer:

ChrisS

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:

Ha ha! Yeah, I wanna straight pipe the back box - but that sounds rude doesn't it!

ChrisS

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
Cheapest solution is going to be a resonator delete it’s going to give you a lot more growl!

That is what I'm thinking... just wanted to hear from another R owner (or any RCZ owner for that matter) as to how loud inside the car it is. :thumbup:

ChrisS

Reaction score
RCZ-R said:
That one is just sick. Have a look/hear :lol:

https://youtu.be/TryT0cqT5Y0

I haven't done anything to my R's poop pipes cause I use the car on a daily basis. But the whole exhaust system got a bit louder over the time and pops a bit when hot.

Yeah now that is NIIIICCCCCEEEEEEE - imagine its a full racing exhaust though - had a look at Supersprint (for e.g.) and they're thousands of £! I'm looking for cheap. But that does sound AMAZING! Neighbours would HATE IT!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Plecodoras said:

CAT - RESONATOR - BACKBOX - TIPS. :thumbup:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
Plecodoras said:

Now you're at it again! Next you'll be saying stuff like... Like manifold and and down pipe, where will it all end ? I think I need some tips !! cheers

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I put a cheap Ulter sport exhaust on mine, it sounded alright.

Unfortunately my current car doesn't qualify for cheap as it is subject to scene tax.

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
Plecodoras said:

Mornington Crescent!!! :dance: