What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Quick question on brakes

A

Anonymous

I have recently purchased a 2.0 HDi GT - can anyone tell me if these come fitted with the 302mm fronts dics on or the 340mm??

Thanks
Gary

A

Anonymous

Am I right in thinking that the Sport spec comes with 302mm and the GT spec comes with 340mm - and the size of the brakes has nothing to do with engine size/power?

Abzynthe

Reaction score
It also depends on year and if its a petrol or diesel. Mines a 2010 GT Hdi and mine has the 302mm discs. The best way to know what ypur needs is if the front brakes have a backing plate then you need the bigger ones.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
I think it was only the THP200 that had the 340mm discs? The other models have the 302mm.

A

Anonymous

Well, I have the backing plate and to be honest the discs look huge - so presume I have the 340s. Result :)

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Ah, according to data both the THP200 and the HDi has the 340mm while the THP156 has the 302mm.

So you're good. If you're really unhappy you can buy the discs for the RCZ R, they are 380mm :lol:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Yes it is common to find the Sport Brakes (340mm) on THP200's and HDi's, but not always. You can upgrade the brakes on the THP156 to Sport as well, if not they came with Standard Brakes.

Don't think that because you have 19" wheels means you have the Sport Brakes either, as 19" wheels are an option in some cases.

Having a GT or Sport model again may not necessarily mean you have certain brakes because Peugeot has changed things over the years.

I have done a lot of research on the brakes for the RCZ and as Abzynthe stated, the easiest way to tell what brakes you have on the front is by looking for the backing plate (aka dust shield). If it has one then you have the Sport Brakes (340mm), if not then you have the Standard Brakes (302mm). The rear brakes on all RCZ's are the same no matter what model etc. you have (excluding the 'R').

If you ever doubt what brakes you have, contact me and I will assist you.

If you are looking at brake upgrades it is paramount that you know what brakes you have currently because the kit you buy must fit the current caliper mounting setup and they are different between the Standard and Sport brake systems.

We offer Brembo currently but for Sport brake systems. We will soon carry Tarox for both Standard and Sport. We also carry Black Diamond upgrade discs for direct replacement for those of you wanting drilled, slotted etc. style discs.

A

Anonymous

i did use a measurement tape and a caliper measurement too :p

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Yes measuring is the way we recommend, but for a quick answer, looking for the backing plate works.