What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Questions that I shouldn't need to ask.

A

Anonymous

Following a recent purchase and poor handover. I am left not knowing some of the basics, so would appreciate a few answers
Is the car covered for breakdown in 1st twelve months.? (Ie. AA, RAC etc)
I have heard about a 1000mile check up. Is this so?
I'll leave out all my queries with regard to that media system! It appears to me that if you have a Sat nav then a great system is transformed into a a big box of inconvenience, that few can understand and certainly no main dealers. :helpme:

A

Anonymous

Your car comes with 1 Years Roadside Assistance whereby in the unfortunate event of a breakdown, recovery is covered by the warranty. The number to ring is 0800 294 0294, but this and other details you can find in the Warranty and Maintenance Record booklet. Our Roadside Assistance partner is the AA. In the case of the RCZ, because it is equipped with an Emergercy Tyre Kit rather than a Full or Saver Wheel, the recovery assistance is also extended to include a situation where the nature of the puncture or damage to the tyre or wheel is such that the kit is inadequate.

The 1,000 mile check is free of charge.

If you are on a 2 year routine service schedule we would also recommend an interim service. This focuses on safety related components such as the brakes and includes a change of oil and oil filter. Whilst not having an interim service does not invalidate the warranty it's worthwhile in terms of maintaining the car in optimum condition.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks for the detailed reply. I'm not aware that I have a "Warranty and Maintenance Record booklet". But to be fair I have not read all of the instructions book, just the points that I hoped would answer some of my other questions. Will check it out in the morning.

A

Anonymous

Morning Mr Wright

Your Warranty booklet is in the Leather RCZ Wallet along with your ownwers manual which i left in the Passenger door pocket after handover , If you have anymore problems or questions please ask for myself personally

Many Thanks

Kenny Marchbank
New Car Sales Leader
Peugeot York

A

Anonymous

kennym1981 said:
Morning Mr Wright

Your Warranty booklet is in the Leather RCZ Wallet along with your ownwers manual which i left in the Passenger door pocket after handover , If you have anymore problems or questions please ask for myself personally

Many Thanks

Kenny Marchbank
New Car Sales Leader
Peugeot York

Many thanks for that Kenny. I have since my original post located the info after being told on here where to look.
I have many questions re the car. Mostly regarding the Media system. I cannot believe that by paying extra for the Sat Nav that you get an inferior system. I won't believe it until I am told so, by someone who instils me with the confidence that they know the system. I am currently having to rip each CD, manually, enter all the track details and album details manually. A task that is taking approx 30mins per album. All in order to be able to choose for myself what I want to listen to, rather than what the system choose to play. One of my concerns is that this mammoth task will have to be repeated if there is a power failure at some point in the future. I also find it hard to believe that the internal phone, containing my SIM card cannot tell me from whom I have received a text. Merely showing a phone number (which invariably I do not recognise) The sat nav it self is a mine field. I wish that Peugeot would train someone at each branch/dealership how these things work and what they can do. I believe this option is an expensive one and probably works a lot better than most of us realise. I tend not to talk directly with main dealers as historically I have not found them to be helpful or knowledgeable. I am not technically minded and rather old for my age, so I prefer to be shown how things work and how to get the most out of things. This car is fantastic. It looks great, drives amazingly but the audio system is a big pile of poo. I love my music and depending on my mood want to choose different sounds, but my Ipod is turned into a 2000+ compilation album! I do not believe it should be so :helpme:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON,

I can help you out with the CD ripping. The best way to do it is to rip the CDs using your computer (you will most likely have itunes or windows media player on there already). You need to go into the itunes/media player settings and make sure that they are set to rip to mp3. When you pop the CD into the computer, assuming you are connected to the internet, the software will download the album/track titles. When you then rip it to the PC, they'll all be named for you. Keep doing this for all your CDs, and once you are done, copy them all onto a USB stick, pop the stick in the car, and they'll all download in the background as you drive along. Keep the originals on the PC, so that if you ever need to copy the music back onto the media system, you'll still have them.

hth

dave

A

Anonymous

eyetiepie said:
OO58RON,

I can help you out with the CD ripping. The best way to do it is to rip the CDs using your computer (you will most likely have itunes or windows media player on there already). You need to go into the itunes/media player settings and make sure that they are set to rip to mp3. When you pop the CD into the computer, assuming you are connected to the internet, the software will download the album/track titles. When you then rip it to the PC, they'll all be named for you. Keep doing this for all your CDs, and once you are done, copy them all onto a USB stick, pop the stick in the car, and they'll all download in the background as you drive along. Keep the originals on the PC, so that if you ever need to copy the music back onto the media system, you'll still have them.

hth

dave

Hi Dave.
Yes I do have Itunes and all of my music is there. If I purchase a USB stick and transfer everything onto it. Will all the tracks be jumbled up or remain in the Albums? Ie will I be able to locate either an album or an artist to listen to? The cd player in the car seems to read WMA format (ok I don't really have a clue what I'm talking about but a message came up to say a track was already in a WMA file or something) and so hardly any of the gracenotes are read by it. Despite being readable on my Bose systems in the house. The problem that I had on my previous RCZ was the system downloaded them into 50 Files/folders and put 30/40 odd tracks into each of these files/folders. So all that I could select was a File/folder by number and just see what came up totally at random. Now with my new RCZ I am manually downloading each Album and "typing" all the track and album details into it. But if you don't put a track number in first it will rearrange the tracks into alphabetical order. This can be a problem with Opera, classical or War of the Worlds! :helpme:

A

Anonymous

i'm not certain, but i think the media player in the car displays them by the folders they are in, so if your itunes folders are organised first by artist and then by album, then you should be ok. that way you browse for an artist and then pick the album and then all the tracks should be organised in the correct order.

as for the wma format versus mp3, i'm not sure if one will display the album/track info better than the other

A

Anonymous

I now have a 4GB memory stick. Can't figure out how to get albums from Itunes onto it though. I'm not getting any prompts to do so. Any advice?

A

Anonymous

go to my documents/my music/itunes/itunes music.... i am on xp,,, it might be somewhat different, on windows 7..

or,, alternatively... in itunes,, select a track,,, right click,,, and then at the bottom itll tell you the (general) location of your music.... then drag and drop onto your USB

A

Anonymous

manelin said:
go to my documents/my music/itunes/itunes music.... i am on xp,,, it might be somewhat different, on windows 7..

or,, alternatively... in itunes,, select a track,,, right click,,, and then at the bottom itll tell you the (general) location of your music.... then drag and drop onto your USB
If only life was that simple. The usb is not showing as a location. I now appear to have bought a usb and can't make use of it. Should have spent the time wasting fuel whilst I run the engine to rip the physical Cd. It really must be easier than this to listen to what you want to on a nie on £1500 system!!! :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

try unplugging the USB stick and putting it in a different USB port. it should then install some drivers automatically. if you cannot see the USB stick as a drive in windows explorer, then something's not right. a good old restart of the pc may help??? otherwise i think you'll need google to try and suss that one.

once you have your USB working, the location of the music should be where manelin suggests.

hth

A

Anonymous

eyetiepie said:
any joy???
No. I have wasted far too much time on it already. Same as trying to upload photographs onto this forum. RCZ1 has given instructions that sound so easy, but I can't get that to work either. Times like this I think to myself "did I make the right decision not having any kids" cos at the very least they'd have mastered technology better than I can.

RCZ1

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
eyetiepie said:
any joy???
No. I have wasted far too much time on it already. Same as trying to upload photographs onto this forum. RCZ1 has given instructions that sound so easy, but I can't get that to work either. Times like this I think to myself "did I make the right decision not having any kids" cos at the very least they'd have mastered technology better than I can.

Ron, I presume you mean uploading photographs onto the forum. Can you post or PM me step by step instructions on how you go about trying to post a photo to see if I can see where you might be going wrong or where the problem might lay. Do you get any error messages when trying to upload or is it that nothing appears. You might also want to try PMing me one of your photographs to see if I can upload it for you.

A

Anonymous

i found a v nice free program to resize the photos for posting to the forum - fotosizer - it may be wortha try?

dave

A

Anonymous

Ron ,
As previously said, unless your original cd's have the correct data written into them from new they will NOT show track or artists names when played or copied, you have to do this yourself when copying over the cd to the NG4 OR when you copy the cd to itunes or something similar.

If a cd only has music data on it how can it show the track or artists name when being played or copied, it can't because the data is not on the cd in the first place, but it can if you add the info at the second copying stage.

I'm not aware of a programe that could automaticaly do this for you ?

Unfortunately it is only some cd's that have full info data written into them at the original manufacture. Some do and Some dont !!

I agree that the NG4 media system AND the sat nav could be a tad easier to use, however i think a lot of the probs you are experiencing with the the media side of things are down to the original data written on your cd's themselves and not necessarily the NG4 system or software.

By the way it definitely helps having a 20 year old techy maniac as a son . :lol:

A

Anonymous

jactac.
All the information is there on the Cd's. Both of my Bose systems and Itunes can read them, just not the car media system. It appears to be in something called WMA whereas I assume the other machines read it from something else. I don't overly mind the laborious task of manually entering it all, it's just the thought of losing it all when the battery needs to be disconnected. I put up withit in the foster Pearl but believed all my troubles would evaporate with the help of the main dealer supplying my new Pearl2. But he couldn't answer any of the queries that I had with the system.

A

Anonymous

if you rip them with itunes to mp3 then it will automatically populate them with the track/album name and track number. organise them on the usb stick in folders for each artist and subfolders for each album. put the usb stick in the car, it'll ask u if you want to copy and where to; simples.....