What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Question for you all.

pete.garratt

Reaction score
In about 18 months, my finance deal comes to an end.

So, should I fork out the final payment and keep the R, or should I return it and get something else?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, good question! Well I would say that depends on the final amount owing I would imagine there are plenty of bargain deals on new R's now that Peugeot have stopped production, but on the other hand what would you get trading in? If your happy with your car I would stick with it as I did my last car (MG ZT)which I had for 8 years and knew inside and out and really wouldn't have traded if it weren't for the lure of the gorgeous RCZ! That way I believe you get your money's worth out of a car there's only the dealer who comes out winning when trading in!

Good luck with your decision. :beer:

Tomas_90

Reaction score
I'd keep it, unless you had money to significantly "trade-up" from the R. Tho that means a different brand.... :eusa-think:

RCZ1

Reaction score
I would wait to nearer the time and see what new cars are on the market as I'm sure there will be an influx of them.

I would be tempted to keep it personally.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
I would wait to nearer the time and see what new cars are on the market as I'm sure there will be an influx of them.

I would be tempted to keep it personally.

+1

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Thanks, guys.

The question was prompted after a visit to the MMS at Goodwood just recently. There are some good looking coupes out there but are either significantly more expensive (x2) or lacking in a number of areas (general performance & boot space to name but two).

On the other hand, some of the other offering are quite sophisticated.

What to do, what to do.

pete.garratt

Reaction score
I think some of the suspension set ups are a bit more sophisticated and the Audi virtual cockpit seems quite impressive.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
What if by some miracle they'd build the 308 HYbrid? Would you buy that?

renegade79

Reaction score
how much do you think your R will be worth in 18 months time?

A

Anonymous

I love the RCZ, but will be looking for a different car now. My list for next year is: Jaguar XE 240 Petrol or XE S, Alfa Romeo Julia or the Mustang.
When decided for the RCZ was for something different from what I was driving before, and now is the same. Really enjoyed the coupe, and honestly if was to keep in the same style would certainly go for the R. Is quite hard beat the looks of the RCZ with the same price range. For a bit more, the R brings another level of performance, making even harder to find better options at the same price for a coupe. Sure it looks like something well more expensive than it actually is.

A

Anonymous

hi I was in the same position,i always said when the first mot was due I would trade in,when I went to enquire about replacing it with a newer model the trade in allowance was just stupid,i would have lost to much money so decided to keep car.But you will never win if you keep to long you just have to put that much money to a newer one.Thats why after 5years decided to sell why I could still get a fair price towards another .