What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Question about selling my RCZ

Ricardo_Z

Reaction score
I wonder if I could have some advice from members regarding selling my RCZ 2.0 HDI GT (2013 facelift).

I will be selling the car in late November/December but the annual service is due now. The car has full main dealer history and has only covered approximately 1750 miles since the last service on 4/10/2021 (current mileage 38,900). I am reluctant to spend £400+ to service the car at the dealer for only two months of ownership until I sell (and about 250 miles of driving).

My question is do you think a prospective buyer will be put off purchasing a car which is two months over it's annual service date even if it has only done about 2000 miles since that last service? And does the fact the service is a couple of months overdue make any significant difference to what I can ask for the car? Or do I bite the bullet and get it serviced... in which case do I go the expensive main dealer route to preserve the dealer history or local garage? Would I get back the cost of the service if I do go that route?!!

PS - I had the MOT this week which it passed again with no advisories.

turboguy

Reaction score
It be fine with so little miles on the clock since your last service. Just press the reset if the service light comes on in the mean time ;).

Pedro

Reaction score
Basically for peace of mind you should do a mini service of oil & filter & air changed keep a record of date price etc if needed that way a buyer would be assured it has been looked after before selling if you just leave it & make some excuse someone like me would be suspicious of why you never got its service done when it was due?