What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Question about new RCZ - Just Ordered 156 GT Facelift

RCZ1

Reaction score
jassyo06 said:
Aftermarket hid kits are ilegal because they are being fitted to non xenon light enclosures which give off the blinding light

Buy OEM rcz xenon headlamps and retro fit them to a non xenon rcz would not be ilegal they would function the same as a rcz with factory fitted xenons minus the washers

OEM Xenon headlights are not an option to buy as an add on, for this very reason I suspect. No?

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
Aftermarket hid kits are ilegal because they are being fitted to non xenon light enclosures which give off the blinding light

Buy OEM rcz xenon headlamps and retro fit them to a non xenon rcz would not be ilegal they would function the same as a rcz with factory fitted xenons minus the washers

I don't know the laws in your country, but over here in Krautistan Xenons without auto-leveling and without headlight washers are illegal.
Have fun adding the washers...

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
jassyo06 said:

OEM Xenon headlights are not an option to buy as an add on, for this very reason I suspect. No?

Try a pug parts depot they will get them l have put Abarth headlamps in one my cars a fiat Grande punto they cost £480 from a dealer on eBay

A

Anonymous

Off topic but TomC how could you slate the 8v dashboard in another thread its just pure simplistic ergonomically astonishing in design and also what its made off

A

Anonymous

Jassy - parts departments can and do sell these - the reason being you can do exactly what my parents did - move to france and take their right hand drive car with them, and eventually settle down and replace their headlights with ones that beam in the correct direction - the point being they were replacing UK HID lights with Euro HID lights for driving on the other side of the road, and the other reason being someone with a HID car may get a stone through their lights so need to replace them.

If you as a UK customer replace your non HID lights with HID lights and do not add headlight washers, you will be driving uninsured (as your insurer will refuse to back you up in the event of an accident, when their inspector comes and looks at your vehicle and finds that it is not roadworthy due to having illegal headlights) and you will fail your MOT at MOT time. As someone who has been through several motoring law courses recently I can tell you this for fact.

You should also find that if your insurers are up to speed they will refuse to insure you when you phone and tell them you have changed your lights to HID if you have not also added washers, or they may offer to insure you for daylight driving only as an alternative...

Just because something is available for sale it does not mean that it is legal to use it.

A

Anonymous

I will say the following as it occurred to myself and what I was told at the time. I bought a RCZ that was sold as having the vision pack. Ie. xenon headlamps. In short it did not have them. The dealer tried everything possible to rectify this issue and failed.

The reason stated was that by law they must be self levelling and have a lamp wash system fitted. The work involved in retrofitting a system to meet legal requirements were prohibitive and the job would involve excessive alterations and additions.

So from that I deduced that it may be technically possible to achieve but cost would be prohibitive.

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
Off topic but TomC how could you slate the 8v dashboard in another thread its just pure simplistic ergonomically astonishing in design and also what its made off

That's quite simple: instead of looking at it in awe at the dealer's showroom I had to actually USE it for a complete day.

Don't get me wrong, I like blinky lights as much as everyone else, and when I switched on the engine my first though was "wow, white LED. Looks nice".

But, when you want to get the information from it you have to look more carefully to read it right, a simple needle or digital number meter is MUCH better in this regard. And, if there's just a fraction of a second more where you don't look at the street outside, the engineers have done something wrong. Form follows function, not the other way around.

A

Anonymous

I reviewed nearly all verdicts of this car as l was going get one but Audi's books are full with a lead time of 6 month's for a s-line with options

The conesus was the dash was the finest Audi has ever made and also it was instantly familiar for them all