What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Question about new RCZ - Just Ordered 156 GT Facelift

A

Anonymous

Hi All,

ordered my new RCZ 156 GT last Sunday in opal white (slithered between this and pearl for ages still to sure I've done the right thing!) ordered sat nav as option and today called them to add on the vision pack also.

Can anyone confirm that adding vision pack gives the dark smokey look to the headlights? Also the vision pack definition doesn't say anything about the wing mirrors dipping down when going into reverse can anyone confirm this feature will be included?

Going to be a long 8-12 weeks!

Best regards
Peter

A

Anonymous

:text-welcomewave: :happy-wavemulticolor: :text-welcomewave:

The dipping mirror is a standard feature on the GT and not a part of any optional extra and I believe that you are correct that yours will have the "dark smokey" looking headlamps.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum :)

Yes you are correct. The blackened light effect is part of the Xenon pack.

The dipping wing mirrors is standard on the GT when reversing.

I hope the wait for your new car goes by quick. In the meantime, you'll find loads of information on here to help while away the time :)

A

Anonymous

Great thanks all, delighted the dark lights look great on the white so very excited! I've decided not to go for the storm grey black technical wheels and just stick with the standard hephais grey ones to match the silver roof arches......you could drive yourself mad with the different options and permutations possible.

A

Anonymous

Hi, all your questions have been answered, i'm just dropping a line to say welcome to to the club and the very friendly forum, I've had my sport for nearly a year now and I love her as much now as the first day I got her, and i'm sure you will enjoy yours as much, one thing guaranteed you have bought a real head turner. :clap:

A

Anonymous

Now that's what you call a frosty welcome lol welcome to the coolest forum around.

Opal white GT with type 1 matt stripe.

A

Anonymous

pjmediapr said:
Vision Pack sounds great...can you add the dark headlights afterwards...I have the 2010 version

Phil
[email protected] in OZ
NO. The headlamps are different on the original model and the new one and you cannot (realistically) retro fit Bi Xenon lights to either model.

A

Anonymous

So everyone has an idea of what we're talking about, that's how it looks in the facelift-model:

Attachments

• Lights.jpg
    Lights.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 1,407
A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
pjmediapr said:
Vision Pack sounds great...can you add the dark headlights afterwards...I have the 2010 version

Phil
[email protected] in OZ
NO. The headlamps are different on the original model and the new one and you cannot (realistically) retro fit Bi Xenon lights to either model.

Oh yes you can you can... :thumbup: just buy the OEM Xenon headlamps from a dealer AND RETROFIT AND by the way Bi- xenon lights incorporate both dipped and full beam in the same lens Hence BI-XENON,the 2010 rcz has a seperate H1 for the main beam So just xenon lights.Dont know about the 2013 xenons though if they are Straight or BI..... :lol:

A

Anonymous

Except that you will invalidate your insurance by driving an illegal vehicle if you do not also add headlight washers and make the new headlamps self levelling.....

A

Anonymous

It's not actually illegal I don't think. It'd invalidate your insurance if you hadn't notified your insurer and now will only result in an MOT fail if they aren't self levelling I believe.

A

Anonymous

Sorry Rizz but the headlight washers are a legal requirement also for HID headlights which I presume is want we are talking about here.

A

Anonymous

From VOSA (about MOT testing)

HID headlights can cause dazzle if they are dirty or aimed too high so car manufacturers must fit headlamp cleaning and levelling systems. A car will fail if a mandatory headlamp cleaning or levelling system is missing, doesn't work or is obviously defective.

A

Anonymous

johnw said:
From VOSA (about MOT testing)

HID headlights can cause dazzle if they are dirty or aimed too high so car manufacturers must fit headlamp cleaning and levelling systems. A car will fail if a mandatory headlamp cleaning or levelling system is missing, doesn't work or is obviously defective.

Sorry guys I was following duff info from another forum which relates to fitted parts. Aftermarket fitted Xenons/HID kits must also now have fitted self levelling devices and headlight washers.

Changes to the MOT test:

The legislation to enable the changes required under Directive 2010/48/EU to the MOT test for Classes 4, 5 & 7, will come into force on 20 March 2013. Plans are now underway to enable the items (added to the inspection manuals in January 2012), which are currently being advised, to become fail items from 20 March 2013 where defects are found. A range of informal and formal communications is in place to ensure that everyone who needs to be aware of the changes will be informed.

Other changes affecting the MOT test, include minimum service brake efficiency requirement for (passenger vehicles with no more than 8 passenger seats increasing to 58% first used on or after 1st September 2010 and amendments to the imbalance requirements (30% across each individual axle) are to take place in July. The final change adding the country of registration to the test certificate will be in place for 2014.

So all these will be failures from the 20th March 2013

 Headlamp levelling and cleaning devices when fitted for HID or LED headlamps
 Main beam ‘tell-tale’
 Battery (including batteries for electric or hybrid vehicles)
 Electrical wiring and connectors
 Trailer electrical socket security and damage
 Operation of 13-pin trailer electrical sockets using an approved trailer socket tester
 Operation of the steering lock (where fitted) including that malfunction warning is not
displayed for an electronic steering lock
 Electronic power steering malfunction warning indicating a fault
 Electronic parking brake control and malfunction indicator lamp
 Electronic Stability Control (ESC) components, including the switch (if fitted) and
malfunction warning
 Brake fluid warning lamp illuminated or inoperative
 Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS)
 SRS components including airbags, seat belt pre-tensioners, seat belt load limiters
and SRS malfunction warning lamp
 Engine mountings
 Speedometer
 Indirect vision devices (where they replace obligatory mirrors)

A

Anonymous

Although the first part "when fitted" begs the question what about where they aren't fitted? Surely if they aren't fitted then you can't be failed?! :eusa-think: This is why I thought that they can't be mandatory.

A quote from another forum (the first sentence shows the same thinking as my own), "yep, only real thing is the headlight one and me and the mot tester at work still take it to mean that its only applicable if its fitted to the car. Ie hids in a mk3 without self levelers or washers is fine as long as the pattern and alignment are good."

http://www.mk3oc.com/forum/showthread.p ... &p=1106620

A

Anonymous

Presumably there was a date from which it became mandatory to fit washers and levellers to NEW cars equipped with hid lights. That being the case (not that I've googled, it's just a guess) then I would read it that the MOT test would be a fail if said cars had faulty or removed washers/levellers but a pass if the washers/levellers weren't fitted from new. So retrofitted hid lighting to cars manufactured before the mandatory date would still pass, if you see what I mean?

I'll stand corrected if needs be, it's late and I'm too bushed to do proper research :oops:

Sent from my hot tub using Tapatalk 2

A

Anonymous

Aftermarket hid kits are ilegal because they are being fitted to non xenon light enclosures which give off the blinding light

Buy OEM rcz xenon headlamps and retro fit them to a non xenon rcz would not be ilegal they would function the same as a rcz with factory fitted xenons minus the washers