What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Q for RCZ1 on Facelift Sport model

A

Anonymous

Hi there - quick one for you if I may... As I have ordered pretty much the same spec car as you (Sport model) I am wondering (having read the user manual for the facelift version) whether it has automatic wipers and headlight on it, or if they are manual - I can't find any reference to it anywhere on the web, so thought I'd ask someone who has already taken delivery of this model!

thanks!

A

Anonymous

johnw said:
Hi there - quick one for you if I may... As I have ordered pretty much the same spec car as you (Sport model) I am wondering (having read the user manual for the facelift version) whether it has automatic wipers and headlight on it, or if they are manual - I can't find any reference to it anywhere on the web, so thought I'd ask someone who has already taken delivery of this model!

thanks!
I can confirm, as I was with both RCZ1 and Ruby yesterday that the Sport does indeed now have auto lights & wipers as standard equipment :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I know this wasn't who you wanted to hear from (sorry about that but in case the good lady is busy) but there's an easy way to find out. Pull your wipers down once and it'll give you a message to say that automatic wipers are selected if it has them. As for the lights, if they're automatic then you should have an "auto" selection on this lighting stalk to turn your lights too. Actually...sorry just realised you haven't taken delivery yet so that's no help. My bad!!!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Johnw, the facelifted model does indeed have auto lights and wipers. I use the auto lights but not the wipers.

To be honest, I don't know how or why but the facelifted model feels so different from Pearl. It feels better put together, tighter and there are some very subtle differences between Pearl and Ruby that make the car feel different to.

You won't be disappointed with your Sport model, far from it. You've made an excellent choice :)

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys. Rizz - I won't be taking delivery for another month - just wanted to know before hand whether it was there or not as the facelift manual refers to a version that does not - so I guess that must be a mistake carried over from the old manual...

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

Automatic wipers ? A tale of two cars

Toyota IQ
Leave wipers set to auto
It rains. ......wipers come on ....it rains faster ....wipers speed up. ...it stops raining and wipers stop.....it rains again and wipers start again.

Peugeot rcz gt
Can't leave wipers set at auto
It rains ....push wiper control down .....auto wipers activated displayed on MFD...it rains faster ....wipers speed up. ...it stops raining and wipers stop.....it rains again and wipers start again.

Sort of semi automatic isn't it?

Tomas_90

Reaction score
I had the auto wipers on my 406 and i hated them. They never worked the way they were supposed to. Either they were too slow or wiping for no real reason.

Newer sensors are probably better but i'd still take normal interval wipers given the alternative. Especially if i get to set the wiping frequency manually.

A

Anonymous

They work really rather well now. I have no complaints about them at all :clap:

A

Anonymous

To be honest, they work ok in my experience. However, they aren't terribly good unless the rain and your speed is constant and they're pretty useless when they're on in snowy conditions or if you bung them on auto to clear a bit of remaining ice etc post scraping. They just go nuts. I have learned to Gtechniq G range them up and you barely need the wipers if you're not at a standstill. I prefer G5 (although it may now be called G3 as it's far easier IMO to apply). It's particularly beneficial for the rear windscreen!!! The auto lights ARE good though.

A

Anonymous

Never used the auto wipers on any of my cars or autolights for that matter....money would be better spent elsewhere on the rcz but its the defacto thing to have :crazy:

RCZ1

Reaction score
I've got auto lights set on mine but wouldn't dream of having the wipers set to auto. Gtechniq G1 glass repellant is the business on windows so no need for wipers.

A

Anonymous

They do work but just not as well as they did on my IQ

Opal white GT with type 1 matt stripe.

A

Anonymous

I must get done if this glass repellant stuff! Is it easy enough to apply?

A

Anonymous

Yup it's easy to apply. However, I find that the G5 is FAR easier to apply than the G1 which I found much harder work and more time consuming. I know that RCZ1 prefers the latter which is supposed to have a longer durability. You kinda just have to find which is right for you. Whichever one you decide to use, make sure that your glass is absolutely spotless and streak free before applying the G1/5 but do NOT use Gtechniq's glass polish stuff. It's horrible hateful stuff. The two products are applied slightly differently but you'll find guides on the Gtechniq website or give us a shout and we'll be able to point you in the right direction. Whichever one you choose will astound you I think and it makes such a difference. I was getting frustrated by the lack of a rear wiper prior to applying them but it doesn't bother me at all now.

A

Anonymous

I'm currently using gtechniq g5. Purely because I do a lot of town driving and the water deploys at a lower speed than the g1. It is very easy to apply with great results.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Yeah as Ian says G5 for lower speed, town driving or G1 for higher speed driving. Although I find G1 starts to run off at about 35mph. A lot of it depends on the rake of the windscreen and on the RCZ, it's excellent. G1 lasts about 18 months for me or 16000 miles.

It is easy to apply just watch the videos and what I also do is go over any areas where you may have applied too much to flatten it out. This makes it much easier to remove the residue, ask Ron:)

A

Anonymous

No need to ask, I'll tell ya. Absolute doddle to remove. Very much akin to buffing off polish :thumbup: Simples