What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Puzzle?

nicpy

Reaction score
The car is an HDi, Now here is a little puzzler....I am getting a `risk of particle filter clogging` message comes up just on occasion when according to the live data using Diagbox tells me that a normal DPF re-generation has taken place. The little warning triangle next to the milometer goes out after approx ten minutes which would correspond with the re-gen having completed. But a fault remains in the ECU which is P1490 (from memory and relating to DPF) which I am able to clear and it does not return. The live data reports that all is ok with the DPF, content of ash, back pressure etc. This is the second HDi that I have owned and this behaviour did not show itself on the first one, it just did a periodic re-gen as normal and in the background, with no advisory messages. Has anyone else experienced this, just wondering if there has been a software update?
There is no other unusual behaviour with the car, no limp home mode, nor loss of power.

MasterDomino

Reaction score
It might be due to the addition missing from the system, in DPF systems ypu are equipped with a small 1,2L container of a fluid that is used over the period of 150000km maybe it got used up and it causes more clogging to occur, other advice i would give you, take your car on the highway and have fun, other is in DPF systems you also have to replace the filter itself every 100k or soo kilometers.
EDIT: name of the fluid should be Eolys you can check how much you have left at the same menu as the last regen of DPF.

nicpy

Reaction score
I had checked the Eolys fluid level which is at 80% full, the car only having done 26000 miles would `agree` with that being accurate. I had tried a differential pressure sensor change but the replacement was faulty! so the original is back on. Prior to my ownership the car had led a pretty sheltered life, and as you say maybe it just needs using? The last re-gen took place only 10 miles before the sensor change, so all seem well there.

MasterDomino

Reaction score
Where do you daily drive it, mostly city? If soo you need highway and just open it up the car tops out at about 213 for HDi, havent done this much, but after getting my parents come home from 1200km of road the FAP has to be clean new.
EDIT: this often comes up when the fap needs regen or eolys needs topping up, those are the two options except replacement of fap, afaik theres also some sensors for the fap catalizator(dpf here) but idk how them being faulty would show itself.
EDIT2: From polish forum i read that actually for P1490 people suggested the replacement of the differential pressure sensor, if yours was faulty you should have just returned it and tried another one dont search for rcz differential pressure sensor but rhh or rhe engine one its faster and sometimes cheaper.
EDIT3: Apparently the temp sensor can also cause such faults, tell me, do your fans spin for like 2-3 minutes after turning the car off or if you get the high speed on fans being enabled right after startup(that was what happened for me in berlingo 1.6 hdi, might have different behavior here, still good to check).
EDIT4: also i would like to ask you to share a screenshot of the values of exhaust system menu(aka. the eolys stuff) there might even be a need to flush the fap, but i dont see it to be necessary for now, also most of the time its not needed as fap can handle itself pretty well, just to make sure.

nicpy

Reaction score
No problems with fans, car gets used mainly in rural areas with the odd run on the motorway, it certainly gets its legs stretched!
From memory after the last DPF differential pressure sensor changed there was no `risk of particle filter clogging` just maybe the battery being disconnected for a few hours and a reconnect, carefully following the battery reset procedure has helped.
I have just run a Diagbox `global test` with no faults whatsoever. :)
However you may be able to interpret the live data from the exhaust line better than I, without a comparison I can`t say if the pressure sensor reading is within limits?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183250746@N07/48488255156/in/dateposted-public/https://www.flickr.com/photos/183250746@N07/48488418752/in/dateposted-public/https://www.flickr.com/photos/183250746@N07/48488257891/in/dateposted-public/

MasterDomino

Reaction score
Ill compare it with mine when i have time maybe today, for first look at values it looks good as diffs arent too high and clogging is at nominal values. Well ill check it then will inform you.
EDIT: also to note in this car unplugging the battery causes a loooot of different issues that after reinit of battery or clearing faults can fix, like for example my spoiler getting lost and failing to deploy.

nicpy

Reaction score
MasterDomino said:
Ill compare it with mine when i have time maybe today, for first look at values it looks good as diffs arent too high and clogging is at nominal values. Well ill check it then will inform you.
EDIT: also to note in this car unplugging the battery causes a loooot of different issues that after reinit of battery or clearing faults can fix, like for example my spoiler getting lost and failing to deploy.

Ditto the spoiler, had to go through the menu to re-initialise it! :evil:

MasterDomino

Reaction score
nicpy said:
MasterDomino said:

Ditto the spoiler, had to go through the menu to re-initialise it! :evil:
Told you dude, unplugging the power in those cars do all kind of funky stuff to the ecu, maybe caused by backup battery dying, as i always say it just needs fiddling and it will come back to life, couldnt check the exhaust system yesterday but i will try to as soon as possible, depends when i have time.

nicpy

Reaction score
Pleased to say after getting some miles done, no further occurrence of the problem. Suspect the car just needed using and or the battery reset doing properly. :dance:

MasterDomino

Reaction score
Nice to hear either way cant really help you now as im fixing my injector issue, as in the washer needs replacing i pulled about 1/4 of a kilo of sludge out of common rail department and still cleaning the injector socket looks like it needs love soo yee that needs work. Surprised i was actually able to pull the injector out(ofc used a pull-hammer thingie)but injector itseld looked perfect just the washer went apesh*t and spat unburned Diesel all over the place, i guess better economy and power after also replacing filters :) so far loving this car

MasterDomino

Reaction score
It was actually running all 4, but there was a horrible unburned diesel smell and oozing on this injector, it definetly didnt have 163hp as it should, also replaced all of them filters and oil soo its gonna be a sick drive if everything goes well, also have you noticed the settings for "boot deflector" aka. spoiler? It has some data you wont really be able to find in the manual :)

nicpy

Reaction score
Yes interesting, at first I thought I might be able to change the speeds at which deployment of the `movable deflector` took place, but that was not the case. What I didn`t realise and became apparent was that the spoiler goes from partially open to fully open `under fast acceleration` at 129 kph (80 mph) but of course fully deploys under normal conditions at 95 mph. :clap:

MasterDomino

Reaction score
Also the additional lift to position 2 under heavy breaking conditions above certain speed is also cool, i didnt really want to change anything because i think its set up this way for a reason but cool to see some of that stuff in the car, im also researching the infotainment system on the car to try finding out more about bt, to maybe enable music streaming etc. But that will take time until i fit battery back in the car :D