What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Pulling to the left

A

Anonymous

Done nearly 500 miles in mine and can't help thinking it has been pulling a bit to the left. Checked tyre pressures - OK.

Took it into the dealer who took it for a spin. I know about camber and it has wide tyres so will tramline, but I've never felt it in my shoulder after a drive with any of my other cars. He admitted it was pulling a bit, so they've booked it in for a tracking check next week, but I just wondered if anyone else has had the same issue.

A

Anonymous

Only done 49 miles so far, but I had the same problem with my Volvo C70, never did find out what the trouble was maybe it was made on a Friday afternoon.

A

Anonymous

Paul Bannister said:
Not quite as straight as a die then? ;-)

I don't like to use that spelling it's not colourful enough! :wave:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Done just about 60 miles and not noticed any pulling to the left. In fact I cruised to York today with my left arm resting on the armrest and no problems in my right shoulder

A

Anonymous

Took my bad boy out and was pulling left, right and centre

A

Anonymous

Let's see what they say after the 'master tech' has had a look

A

Anonymous

Well after a minor tracking adjustment, the problem still persists. Just taken it into a different Peugeot dealer and they agree something is wrong. It's that bad that it's actually given me a bad right shoulder. I drove in this morning with just my left arm and I was continually having to readjust the wheel to keep in a straight line :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Flash pulls a little when I brake and I've noticed that I have to hang on to the steering wheel a lot more than with my 206 but I just assumed it was because he was just such a big powerful beastie.

Yeah the RCZ is a pulling machine - my hubby's MX5 is a girly hairdressers car - maybe we should swap......... NO WAY JOSE!!!!!!!!!!!

FGRob

Reaction score
Brooktop said:
Well after a minor tracking adjustment, the problem still persists. Just taken it into a different Peugeot dealer and they agree something is wrong. It's that bad that it's actually given me a bad right shoulder. I drove in this morning with just my left arm and I was continually having to readjust the wheel to keep in a straight line :thumbdown:
Have you checked your tyre pressures, mine were all over the place.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Pretty sure I did, but surely that will be the garage's first port of call as well as the tracking. He did say it could be a faulty band on the tyre.

FGRob

Reaction score
Brooktop said:
Pretty sure I did, but surely that will be the garage's first port of call as well as the tracking. He did say it could be a faulty band on the tyre.
Not always, I did have my 1000 mile check and after a couple of weeks the car did not feel right, so I checked the pressure 27 psi in the front and 28 psi in the back :shock: should be 35 psi (2.4bar) in the front and 29 psi (2 bar) in the back.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Scarlet said:
Flash pulls a little when I brake and I've noticed that I have to hang on to the steering wheel a lot more than with my 206 but I just assumed it was because he was just such a big powerful beastie.

Yeah the RCZ is a pulling machine - my hubby's MX5 is a girly hairdressers car - maybe we should swap......... NO WAY JOSE!!!!!!!!!!!
Does Troy know about Jose??? :lol:

A

Anonymous

Problem apparently solved. They had left a transit chock in on one side. SERIOUSLY not happy!!!! :twisted:

Have calmly but firmly told the Service manager that I want them to come back with a considered response. Not only should it have been removed at PDI ...but for it then to missed after it was taken in for a day for further investigation is unforgiveable in my book.

If somebody more knowledgeable than me can tell me that it's a very easy mistake to make then that may go some way to lessen my anger, but at the moment I'm a bit miffed to say the least. Apparently it should not have been driven above 50mph (I've now done 1000 miles) and I've got a seriously strained shoulder.

A

Anonymous

As a former Dealer Principal,there is NO excuse for leaving a transport chock in.The fact that chocks are fitted is clearly marked on the vehicles with clear warning stickers.
Also if they could not do that part of the PDI properly then what else has been missed ?
I look forward to you letting us all know as to the dealerships response. :thumbdown:
As for the dealership then missing this fact when you first took the vehicle back, frankly beggars belief :!: :!: :!:

A

Anonymous

The dealer that diagnosed the problem told me they physically have to take a sticker off the window to confirm the transport chocks have been removed. Could it have caused any damage? Are there any other post PDI things I should be looking for?

All this is such a shame because the customer service up to this point has been exemplary.

A

Anonymous

Unlikely to have caused any damage but thankfully you have not needed to carry out any emergency braking manoeuvres, as your cars ability would have been seriously compromised :!: :!: :!: