What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Prospective RCZ Owner

A

Anonymous

Hi, I have to admit that at the present moment I do not own an RCZ. I drive a 2L 20v Fiat Coupe, but, I've spent the last 6 months checking them out as I fully intend to buy one. (Anyone interested in a metallic green 20V 2L Coupe in immaculate condition?!). Hopefully a GT 200 with black 19" Solstice alloys, probably metallic grey, although I also like the burnt amber colour. I can't actually run to a new one, but I've already come across this model second hand (oh, er...I mean 'Pre Owned'), with only a few thousand miles on the clock for around £18,500. I found one the other day on Auto Trader for £19k with only 2,300 miles on it, which kind of makes me suspicious, in that why would someone buy this car, then flog it off at a loss with it hardly being run in? (Not that modern cars need to be run in...). When I txted the owner, they told me that it turned out 'it wasn't suitable for the school run!'
I could have told them that before they bought it, but even that sounds like a slightly flimsy 'excuse'.
Are all the RCZs coming onto the market at these prices after just a year ex-demos or are people buying these cars and then getting rid of them because they then decide that they just don't like them for whatever reason? (I can't think of a reason myself!). All of the reviews seem to say that the RCZ is extremely well built and reliable, although part of the reason for waiting is to find out if there are any problems before I shell out 18 grand.
I can't see myself being put off as every car has the odd problem, but if anyone has any information they'd like to impart, please feel free! :wave:

KG

A

Anonymous

A the sceptic in you is coming out :eusa-think: and the only real way of finding out what a rcz is like :? is to buy wether it be used/ex demo in my opinion ex demo is the way to go as you get the extras for several hundreds of pounds compared to thousands new.

The rcz used ranges roughly 60 plate £17,500 to £26,800 61 plate average price would be £22,000 for a good demo with under 6000 miles on the clock fully loaded and by that i mean a car with metallic paint wheel upgrade satnav,xenon lights,200 bhp gt maybe even a feline kit??

shop about there are a good few fully loaded cars 200gt's about but most are over £20k on a 11 plates and just under £19k for a 60 plate also some demos come with silly extras like jbl sound upgraded,carbon coated fibre roof,upgraded leather, best options on a gt spec are satnav,xenons,soltice alloys (individual taste} black mesh grill, my personal fav paints are white,pearl white,dolphin grey these colours are the best on the rcz

RCZ1

Reaction score
There are a lot of ex demos for sale on eBay, piston heads, etc which dealers are selling at good prices. You will save a lot of money over a brand new one but you may not get the exact spec that you want. That decision is up to you to take. People have been seduced by the RCZ, for obvious reasons. It's only after a period of ownership that either their circumstances change or the RCZ isn't as practical for them as they thought it might be. Either way there are deals to be had but one thing that I would say is take the plunge and find out for yourself. You might like it :D

A

Anonymous

First of all :text-welcomewave: You do not need to be an owner to have your say here. As previously stated there are lots of Ex demonstrators available. This is a cost effective way to get your hands on the best car that I have ever owned. Bear in mind that pre used cars have lost 20% (vat) depreciation as well as the original OTR costs, so a huge saving £6k ish can be expected on a day old car !
If you intend to keep the car a while and get the benefits of the extras as jassy has said.... Media package (sat nav) cos it is a whole lot more than a mere Sat Nav and improves the cab appeal ten fold. Sports pack, the standard steering wheel is of a truck (exaggeration, but you get my point) and the smaller one is great. Vision pack as it improves the effectiveness of the head lights no end. Other things are good but these are "essential."
Hope this is helpful to you. Keep us informed on any developments.

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Obviously, most people - like me - posting to this forum are going to have a positive bias. They wouldn't be regular posters here otherwise!

You are prudent to seek existing owners opinions, they're real world experiences after all.

A quick browse here should tell you what/if there are any issues to watch out for and what the resolutions found were.

The only thing I might say is: don't kid yourself that the rear seats are for anything other than very, very occasional use.

I'm not sure I would even put children in there on a day to day basis (although I don't have any, so parents may have a better view on this!)

Other than that, if you're attracted to the car in all probability you wouldn't regret buying one - I don't. Mine, along with many others I'm sure, still turns heads. There's nothing really to touch it, especially at this price point.

A

Anonymous

kevvyg said:
.....I've spent the last 6 months checking them out as I fully intend to buy one.

Very wise and a few hours (days ?!) spent reading key threads / posts on here should certainly update you with all the issues experienced to date by owners along with the various "tastes" that each and every owner will bring to the table.

My advice for the actual car you are going to buy - get in it and try it out.
Make sure you get a good run in it at various speeds.
Park up and press the various buttons / controls to see if there is anything that you particularly like / dislike.

Go for a Test Drive in a Dealer Demonstrater so that you get the feel of their car / engine noise / finish / etc.

This way, when you do shell out your hard earned, you've done all that you can reasonably do to try and make a sound purchase.

Enjoy and keep us updated - on whatever car you get :thumbup:

PS With regard your potential colour choices, the consensus on here seems to be that Dolphin Blue is the best colour / any shade of White seems to be worse :eusa-whistle: :eusa-shhh: :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

I'd say ...... FORGET you have back seats. Full stop. Only thing they're good for is throwing your coat on!

In hindsight, the RCZ isn't as practical as I thought but I dreamt from the day the pictures were released in the press, that I HAD to own one. The RCZ releases all sorts of adoring feelings that most other cars won't conjure up (especially in the 'affordability' bracket) I think everyone on here will agree with that.

I think many people have bought it thinking it's more practical than it is. I certainly wouldn't want to try and get in and out of the back if I was over the age of say, 7!! The electric seats are quite slow..... so think how soaked you could get waiting for it to come forward to get someone in the back.....I will not get rid of the RCZ though - well not until the 3 years are up. Might 'grow up' then or might get another, who knows.

It's cheap to run and surprisingly cheap to insure (well so I find - owning a diesel version and female living in Aberdeen). You'll probably find the only real expense could be tyres, due to their awkward size and little choice, but you can overcome that if you can change to 35s. I've heard the two tone wheels are a PIG to repair, so you might want to stick to plain silver if you're attracted to kerbs.

and one final bit of advice ...... go RED ..... stick out from the crowd...... :lol: :lol:

Good to have you around though, you'll LOVE it... whatever colour/spec you go for!

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys. I hope to be joining you on the road as an RCZ owner very soon!
I read somewhere that the SatNav only accepts 5 character postcodes, and is therefore not very useful in the UK, Is that correct?
Either way, I have a dedicated one, so not that big an issue.

Thanks!
KG

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Yes - you're understanding about post codes ice correct. It's all to do with the rest of Europe having 5 digit post codes and the UK being different, having 6.

Personally, I don't find it too much of a problem since I have a street name at least. I also like the integration into the car and not having to stick things to the windcreen or fix things to the facia/console etc.

I can't claim to use the sat nav every day, but it's ever let me down.

A

Anonymous

Can I just ask about the vision pack? It appears to be a xenon option, but I assume that all new cars these days come with xenon as standard. Do we get xenon headlights with the GT200? Also, does the 200 come with the 'smaller' steering wheel? I've checked out a few spec sheets, but they don't always seem to have all the relevant information.
If I can pick up a 'fully loaded' 200 for <19k, that'll do nicely!

KG

A

Anonymous

kevvyg said:
Can I just ask about the vision pack? It appears to be a xenon option, but I assume that all new cars these days come with xenon as standard. Do we get xenon headlights with the GT200? Also, does the 200 come with the 'smaller' steering wheel? I've checked out a few spec sheets, but they don't always seem to have all the relevant information.
If I can pick up a 'fully loaded' 200 for <19k, that'll do nicely!

KG

The vision pack a k a xenons is a option £600 factory option so it aint a standard fitment BUT should be :thumbdown: .The 200 gt does come with the sports pack.....smaller wheel and a sound membrane under the dash.... a synthesiser really to give impression of a sporty exhaust

A

Anonymous

Ok, I think I need the Xenons. I get dazzled all the time especially at night by those bright headlamps from oncoming cars - especially Range Rovers and the like. It's time I got my own back!
I am surprised though that Xenons are not fitted as standard. What do they actually come with - just bog standard bulbs?

KG

A

Anonymous

kevvyg said:
Ok, I think I need the Xenons. I get dazzled all the time especially at night by those bright headlamps from oncoming cars - especially Range Rovers and the like. It's time I got my own back!
I am surprised though that Xenons are not fitted as standard. What do they actually come with - just bog standard bulbs?

KG

Yes the rcz is fitted with standard 4300k xenon bulbs not the brightess but you can upgrade them to osram Xenarc intense cool blue, the bulb designation is ds1. THESE ARE RATED AT 5000K SO MUCH BRIGHTER than 4300k factory bulbs there colour tempreture k = kelvins higher the kelvins the bluer the light becomes it is the same bulb thats fitted in the mercedes S class :cool: but are £180 for a pair

A

Anonymous

the lower 4300k actually emits more light than the 5000k the difference is the colour of the light emitted. the higher the k the bluer the light is.

A

Anonymous

N7the said:
the lower 4300k actually emits more light than the 5000k the difference is the colour of the light emitted. the higher the k the bluer the light is.

The manufacturer osram who do the OEM bulbs for the xenon rcz lights disagrees as the xenarc bulb gives out a higher lumens output by 20% i agree with you that halogen bulbs give out less white light as the kelvins increase ie the bluer the light thats projected on to the road but its not the case with xenon bulbs these bulbs i quoted are OEM bulbs on the mercedes S class 5000k is the best tempreture for a car bulb giving just a hint of blue anything above 5k kelvin is silly and belongs on Novas :lol:

A

Anonymous

[/quote]The vision pack a k a xenons is a option £600 factory option so it aint a standard fitment BUT should be :thumbdown: .The 200 gt does come with the sports pack.....smaller wheel and a sound membrane under the dash.... a synthesiser really to give impression of a sporty exhaust[/quote]

So is this a 'transmission' of the actual exhaust sound, or just a 'generator' that produces a sporty exhaust sound, which doesn't actually exist? :?
I hope it's the former!
KG

ps Obviously I'm not sure how to get a partial 'quote' into my post! How's it done?!

RCZ1

Reaction score
ps Obviously I'm not sure how to get a partial 'quote' into my post! How's it done?!

Click on the "Quote" button on the post that you want to quote. It will take this into the "reply" window. You can then delete the bits you don't want to leave the text you do. But always leave the
boxes in place at the front and end of the text you want to quote.

A

Anonymous

The sound box under the dash produces the sporty noise under acceleration but it does decrease with time especially when the air filter beds in, fit a K&N air filter to get a better noise.