What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Prospective owner

A

Anonymous

My SLK is on my local Dealer's forecourt - if it sells I shall be buying an RCZ which is in stock. Auto, Nera black, full Lama leather, dark grey wheels and sports kit; was specified by the MD of the country's importer, who subsequently changed his mind and had a manual instead. One question; it has driver's memory seat - but I have never seen 'memory seat' mentioned in any spec. Is this a standard feature or an option?

A

Anonymous

Hi and welcome to the Forum :wave:

machaley said:
One question; it has driver's memory seat - but I have never seen 'memory seat' mentioned in any spec.
Is this a standard feature or an option?

Certainly was standard on mine - GT Spec.
As were the heated seats - lush, used them earlier tonight :oops:

machaley said:
My SLK is on my local Dealer's forecourt

Second best place for it.
Best place - The Crusher :lol: :p ;) :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
Hi and welcome to the Forum :wave:

machaley said:
My SLK is on my local Dealer's forecourt

Second best place for it.
Best place - The Crusher :lol: :p ;) :eusa-whistle:

Now don't be unkind! As I was taking my 107 in for its for its first service, I saw the Sales Manager, who tells me 'he thinks he has sold the SLK' took prostecive buyers out for a test drive yesterday and they are coming back in, today...we'll see.....

RCZ1

Reaction score
That's good news machaley. Hopefully you will soon be in the drivers seat of a gorgeous RCZ.

Keep us updated :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Thanks RCZ1. I live in Paphos, the fourth largest town in Cyprus; interestingly the car is not to UK spec; it is UK GT spec. except it comes on 18" Original wheels and MAY have the Sports Kit as standard (how do I tell, as it is an automatic, how different is the steering wheel?)). It has extras as described in my first mail.

Even though I specified the SLK with the very smart wood trim option, the RCZ interior looks more upmarket that the SLK.

A

Anonymous

machaley said:
Thanks RCZ1. I live in Paphos, the fourth largest town in Cyprus; interestingly the car is not to UK spec; it is UK GT spec. except it comes on 18" Original wheels and MAY have the Sports Kit as standard (how do I tell, as it is an automatic, how different is the steering wheel?)). It has extras as described in my first mail.

Even though I specified the SLK with the very smart wood trim option, the RCZ interior looks more upmarket that the SLK.

The sports steering wheel is 20mm less in circumference and is more flat bottomed than the standard wheel and has the rcz logo at the six o clock position the sports kit has also got a membrane behind the dash to give you an artificial sports exhaust sound

A

Anonymous

in uk the gt has 19" wheels except most ex demo cars have 18" wheels for some reason. the auto box should bee fab.you should have the heated seats as well. also
tyre sensors with dash warning lights.you will bee delighted with the car.

A

Anonymous

bee said:
in uk the gt has 19" wheels except most ex demo cars have 18" wheels for some reason. the auto box should bee fab.you should have the heated seats as well. also
tyre sensors with dash warning lights.you will bee delighted with the car.

Bee the tyre sensors/dash warning lights are a optional extra on uk spec cars as my car aint got it :(

A

Anonymous

thats correct ron, mine had the vision pack due to it beeing an ex demo car.includes xenons bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

A

Anonymous

Back to my earlier post; my SLK has still not sold - 'but it will be soon, Sir..' anyway, I was offered a used car today with a comprehensive but slightly odd specification. It is an automatic in blue, with xenons and JBL audio, 4 pipe exhaust, full black leather with heated but NOT electric seats (is this unusual), 19" Solstice wheels with Brembo brakes. I have not seen Brembo brakes as an option; perhaps they were a dealer fit option?

I only saw the 'blue' in the showroom; I would like to see it in daylight before I make up my mind.

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Hmmm... When we went to the Peugeot event at Bedford Autodrome last year, all the RCZs there had brake mods. but they were all AP.

I did see another car at the Pinley House meet that appeared to have red calipers with Brembo markings.
Don't recall it being blue, nor automatic......

A

Anonymous

The heated option without electric adjustment is very wierd in your climate it should be the opposite way as for brembo brakes no british rcz has them as standard

A

Anonymous

Yes, I agree, the seats are very odd but definietly manual adjustment and heated. The callipers were red with no name on the front ones but 'Brembo' marked clearly on the rears - which looked very large. I will try and take a picture of them next week. The Dealer told me the brakes were fitted when the car was new; the original Invoice price for the car was €34,800 fifteen months ago, about £30,000, at today's rate of exchange. I told the Dealer, call me when you have sold the SLK and I will be there with a cheque for the balance within 30 Minutes!

A

Anonymous

A quick update! Dealer calls me today to say a customer was coming today to view my SLK; later he calle me to say it is sold. As reported earlier I now have a choice of a new Nera Black or used Blue model - cheaper and slightly better equiped. I have not seen the blue car in the daylight, but it will be brought down from Nicosia on Tuesday for me to choose on Wednesday.

A

Anonymous

machaley said:
A quick update! Dealer calls me today to say a customer was coming today to view my SLK; later he calle me to say it is sold. As reported earlier I now have a choice of a new Nera Black or used Blue model - cheaper and slightly better equiped. I have not seen the blue car in the daylight, but it will be brought down from Nicosia on Tuesday for me to choose on Wednesday.

good luck mate glad your merc is sold :thumbup: now its rcz time hope you get what you wanted as it been sometime in the proccess :crazy:

A

Anonymous

OK, Day two of RCZ ownership. Turns out the colour of the car is Harla Grey metallic, with full (?) Lama leather, auto, 'sports' steering wheel and now fitted with 19" Sortilege wheels - so similar to UK 'GT' spec. Lack of wheelbrace and jack came as a surpise; comes with 5 year warranty. Still can't figure out if it is 'integral' leathre or not; pointless asking the Dealer :-( Dealer told me there were just 5 new RCZ avaibale currently in the country and that the factory had warned of significant price rises soon.

A

Anonymous

machaley said:
OK, Day two of RCZ ownership. Turns out the colour of the car is Harla Grey metallic, with full (?) Lama leather, auto, 'sports' steering wheel and now fitted with 19" Sortilege wheels - so similar to UK 'GT' spec. Lack of wheelbrace and jack came as a surpise; comes with 5 year warranty. Still can't figure out if it is 'integral' leathre or not; pointless asking the Dealer :-( Dealer told me there were just 5 new RCZ avaibale currently in the country and that the factory had warned of significant price rises soon.

integral leather has a genuine leather dashboard covering with dark stitching the faux leather dashboard has a light grey stitching and the faux dash has a very dull finish to it,