What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

problem with passenger window

BetaGod

Reaction score
hello guys, I've a problem with passenger window! if I use the passenger switch it works perfectly but, if I use the driver side switch, nothing happens.. it not move! Any ideas?

If I open or close the driver's window there is no problem!

thanks

Last edited:

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
It could be the switch on the drivers door if you know anyone nearby you ask them if you can try there switch but there's two different switches they look the same but they have different numbers...... This is your first choice and if you find it to be the switch then it's a cheaper fix. If you try this and still not working than it's an expensive fix as it is the door regulator that is faulty..
Hope this helps you out..
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

BetaGod

Reaction score
Unfortunately there is not any RCZ in my city :( there is something i can test with a multimeter or?

Petrus Doyle

Reaction score
hello guys, I've a problem with passenger window! if I use the passenger switch it works perfectly but, if I use the driver side switch, nothing happens.. it not move! Any ideas?

If I open or close the driver's window there is no problem!

thanks
I had this trouble with my last Peugeot. It was a new driver side windows switch at fault, found one for cheap on ebay

BetaGod

Reaction score
hello, i changed the switch but the problem persists! any other suggest?

Pedro

Reaction score
Firmware issue as the Auxiliaries are controlled from the BSI module also may be wiring open circuit could affect the systems operation

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
When you operate the switch for the mirrors do they work as normal if so then the switch is fine and it's down to the circuit board inside the regulator a good auto electrician can check it out as could be a condenser or resistor that is faulty or on its way out...
Hope this helps you out....
Les n Co

BetaGod

Reaction score
Firmware issue as the Auxiliaries are controlled from the BSI module also may be wiring open circuit could affect the systems operation
there is any way to "reset" or fix the firmware?

When you operate the switch for the mirrors do they work as normal if so then the switch is fine and it's down to the circuit board inside the regulator a good auto electrician can check it out as could be a condenser or resistor that is faulty or on its way out...
Hope this helps you out....
Les n Co
but if there is a condeser or resistor or something broken in the regulator is normal i can open the mirror without any problem with the switch of passenger side?

Pedro

Reaction score
there is any way to "reset" or fix the firmware?

but if there is a condeser or resistor or something broken in the regulator is normal i can open the mirror without any problem with the switch of passenger side?
Rest the BSI the procedure is listed on various post's on the forum

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I did try reset procedures and no joy so If the driver side door switch will not close the window but the switch does work to operate the passenger door window then I am %100 sure it is the regulator as mine did the same and I did buy new battery, new switch, and then window motor with regulator. Changed the regular and hay presto all working fine.....

BetaGod

Reaction score
Rest the BSI the procedure is listed on various post's on the forum
can you link me a post? i don't know how to search!
I did try reset procedures and no joy so If the driver side door switch will not close the window but the switch does work to operate the passenger door window then I am %100 sure it is the regulator as mine did the same and I did buy new battery, new switch, and then window motor with regulator. Changed the regular and hay presto all working fine.....
is possibile to buy only the regulator?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know to be honest I got a second hand motor with the regulator in place.... As for setting you window it's in the handbook I think it's on page 22 but could be wrong look in the index section of the hand book

john207

Reaction score
γεια σας παιδια.. ξερουμε την λυση του προβλήματος? γιατι εχω το ιδιο προβλημα.