What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Problem at Cold Start

A

Anonymous

Hey there.

After solving my suspension issues, now I have another one...

This morning, at cold start, the first time I hit the ignition, the RCZ started and stopped instantly. After that, I only get it to work after the third attempt (and only after 6-7 seconds of doing the ignition :thumbdown: ).

Timing chain problems? :(

The car is from May 2010, it's the 156 GT and have around 30000kms.

A

Anonymous

Could be the Temperature Sensor, just going through the same issue myself.

Have you noticed the temp gauge rising too quickly or going beyond 90 degrees at all?

If the sensor tells engine it is warm when it is not, the mixture will be all wrong and engine will not idle correctly.

Just a thought!!

A

Anonymous

KW79 said:
Could be the Temperature Sensor, just going through the same issue myself.

Have you noticed the temp gauge rising too quickly or going beyond 90 degrees at all?

If the sensor tells engine it is warm when it is not, the mixture will be all wrong and engine will not idle correctly.

Just a thought!!

Hey there!

No, temp never goes beyond 90 degrees.

The car just did that one time, but now It have another problem.... Loss of power. It's like I don't have a turbo on it. It struggles to go high on revs... I'm just sick and tired of this car. It only gives me problems... :evil:

A

Anonymous

Hmmmmm... when last did you take it for a service? Could be dirty plugs, shot coil pack, and i would not put it pass this fussy motor to dislike the petrol you put in. My guess, its a combination of all of the above. Doubt its starter as the issue continues once you are on the go. Take it to Peugeot and let them sort it out.

A

Anonymous

MaX83 said:
Hmmmmm... when last did you take it for a service? Could be dirty plugs, shot coil pack, and i would not put it pass this fussy motor to dislike the petrol you put in. My guess, its a combination of all of the above. Doubt its starter as the issue continues once you are on the go. Take it to Peugeot and let them sort it out.

Last time that I took it for a service was with 21000kms (it have 31000kms now). The car don't have any other symptons besides loose of power.

Petrol is "98 octane Galp Gforce" (premium petrol from Galp Energia). It's not the first time that I have this problem. Last time on Peugeot's, they said that they have reprogrammed the car and, for some time, it stopped doing it (for around 8/9 months maybe). Now it is doing it again and constantly (more frequently than the first time).

There's no error on the dashboard or EMS light on.