What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Pressure too low, pressure too high?

darko

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Just go myself an RCZ 1.6 THP 200 (GT LINE) with carbon roof. In love with the car!
The previous owner didn't take good care of this ride so I had some fixing to do and get it up and running.
Already replaced:

TURBO BOOST SOLENOID VALVE
INTAKE HOSE
IGNITION COILS (NGK)
SPARK PLUGS (NGK)
V-ribbed belt
Belt Tensioner
WATER PUMP and Crankshaft pulley
Gasket set, cylinder head cover.
OIL CHANGED
COOLANT CHANGED

Car seems running okay after all this besides I didn't had any heating, just Luke warm air inside on higher settings, the temperature gage and diagnostic coolant temperature are showing 10c difference in measurement where the diagnostic shows higher values than the car gage for 10-15c. Noticed the engine getting warm quickly after short run but can be my foot to the floor to blame on this lol. Already done my investigation here and there should be the thermostat housing right? The car was free of fault codes until today, got P2263 (Turbocharging air circuit, pressure too high - intermittent) following with P0299 (Turbocharging air circuit, pressure too low - permanent) I erased the fault codes started driving again the car runs good, no check engine light even when the fault codes are present so I was pushing it to get them again and it happens only in 3rd gear from low to high rpms * repair needed message shows up and becomes laggy but not going into home mode. Coolant lost about 50-70ml in a 5 days non stop short trip drive. Another issue with the car is the clutch pedal is very hard to depress, I can't confirm but previous owner told he changed clutch set and I can see replaced clutch pedal spring in the booth. Any suggestion are appreciate as I got this car from list of fault codes to just two now and the engine is running very smooth.

Cheers!

Pedro

Reaction score
Coolant loss could probably be the thermostat housing(tank) they split along the seams as for the clutch pedal they can appear odd whem depressed as they do come up higher due to their position otherwise maybe cable needs adjusting ?

darko

Reaction score
Coolant loss could probably be the thermostat housing(tank) they split along the seams as for the clutch pedal they can appear odd whem depressed as they do come up higher due to their position otherwise maybe cable needs adjusting ?
Hey Pedro, thank you for your time and the reply on this. I was focusing too much on the fault codes and just noticed the Clutch Pedal Return Spring is missing lol I have in the booth just have to inspected if is not broken or something, no idea why the previous owner removed that and didn't put it back. Would that spring removed make the clutch hard to depress?

lfe

Reaction score
... Would that spring removed make the clutch hard to depress?

Yes, if it is not present it is harder to press it
When I bought my car the spring was there but not attached to the pedal. I managed to reposition it and the improvement was clear.

darko

Reaction score
Yes, if it is not present it is harder to press it
When I bought my car the spring was there but not attached to the pedal. I managed to reposition it and the improvement was clear.
Awesome, I can see a thread from Valex here on the forum about how to install that spring back. I will inspect the old part I have tomorrow and try fit it back. Hopefully is that easy of a fix for this. Thanks for the reply Lfe.

Reactions: lfe

darko

Reaction score
Can anyone help compare if this isn't broken on the clutch pedal where the return spring should be fitted? Searching on google looking pictures seems odd to me like something is missing from the plastic. Thank you for all the help guys.

Attachments

• IMG_5283.jpeg
    IMG_5283.jpeg
    31.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5282.jpeg
    IMG_5282.jpeg
    33.8 KB · Views: 16