What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Power steering on 2010 RCZ

th3g3rmb0y

Reaction score
Morning all,

I believe I may have an issue with my power steering. On turning (either direction) at low revs, there is a lot of shudder and feedback through the steering wheel. I took the car into Peugeot and they quoted nearly £1000 to replace the power steering.

Can anyone advise if it's easier/cheaper to get a replacement power steering unit second hand and have that fitted?

Is it a possible DIY job?

Thanks in advance.
Dermott

th3g3rmb0y

Reaction score
Oh. I did not know that. Do you have a link to what the module is / where I can get a replacement?

I'm assuming the module will be a plug in/out item, so should be easy enough to replace?

Pedro

Reaction score
I dug this out but I'm overly busy at present so when I get the time I will try & search for more data

Attachments

• power steering diag 1.PNG
    power steering diag 1.PNG
    215.9 KB · Views: 8

GOODALE

Reaction score
I would be interested to know about this guys as my HDI 2.0 RCZ is a 2010 model and I find the steering quite hard compared to the Kia Proceed GT I had, wondering if all RCZ’s are hard on the steering or do you think the steering might be a module as well

wilsofar

Reaction score
Having had a Mark 1 156,and a Mark 2 200, yes the steering at low speeds is quite a lot stiffer than many recent models,such as Peugeot 2008,VW Up!(don‘t you hate the apostrophe!)

However all is forgiven once properly on the move when everything comes to life (light)!

Last edited: