What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Potential New Purchase

A

Anonymous

Hi all

Mrs is on the cusp of buying a Sept 13 RCZ 2.0 GT - in black (well brown according to the dealer blurb) without Sat Nav, and has 18K miles. It looks good, and have negotiated the final deal with one year premium warranty. Buying from a main Peugeot Dealer.
Mrs is still nervous - she will be going from what was a brand new Ibiza to a used RCZ - but she has always loved the looks of the RCZ and has always wanted one.

Anyway, what else that I may not have thought of do I need to consider? I assume there is a USB socket for her to play music and charge the iphone? We never checked when we test drove it.

I have covered off the usual things when buying used from a dealer - is there anything specific regarding this model I need to be aware of? Recalls etc? Is there any way of finding out a history without doing a HPI check - I am assuming that comes with the warranty, but wonder if they would declare anything contentious?

Many thanks, and wish us luck!

Matt

Anth SAFC

Reaction score
Yes there is a USB for music, also Bluetooth connection. I bought mine from a dealer and asked for there HPI report as they will have done one when it was traded back in. Other lads will let you know on recalls as I've only had mine a couple of months but I love my car and I also have a brand new BMW X4 msport. So I wouldn't worry about it being older than her last car as its a better car all together... with the miles your taking about its practically brand new anyway. Happy driving and post some pics when you get it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kgouloumis09

Reaction score
I would like to add that you should have a look at the jacking points on the car to make sure they are not cracked or folded in.
Jacking points are extremely weak and not really fit for purpose unless a scissor jack has been used on them.
Engine rattle and timing chain can also be expensive to repair if this goes,car has very low miles so all should be good but still worth a check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tianorth

Reaction score
The diesels are basically bulletproof, had mine since new (2013).
Check the jacking points as mentioned above.
The diesel doesn't have a timing chain, but has a belt instead changing at 100k or 10 years whichever comes first.
Info on other items should be in service book.

Make sure you have owners manual and service books, should be in a pack.

A

Anonymous

Thank you all for the swift replies. According to the .gov MOT history website the recent MOT has the following advisory:

Offside sill distorted/damaged but not within 30cm of a load bearing member.

Is this the jacking issue and is it likely anything to be concerned about?

nicpy

Reaction score
Mattyn said:
Thank you all for the swift replies. According to the .gov MOT history website the recent MOT has the following advisory:

Offside sill distorted/damaged but not within 30cm of a load bearing member.

Is this the jacking issue and is it likely anything to be concerned about?

Quite likely that it is, suggest you bring this to your dealers attention. At the very least it could be that the chassis underseal around the jacking point area may be `broken`allowing rust to develop quickly. It is more likely that it will be one of the front jacking points that has folded, thats where all the weight is. Recommend that if it goes in for servicing or tyre change that you advise them not to use the jacking points. There is a thread on here some where about using a piece of wood across the chassis outriggers to spread the weight using the jack supplied with the car.

Otherwise a great car, I have the 2.0 hid too. Brilliant economy. Just love driving it and I have worked as a professional driver for most of my working life, you would think I would be fed up of being on the roads after all the miles I`ve done, but with this one I find myself making excuses to go somewhere!! Enjoy :dance:

tianorth

Reaction score
This is my jacking point that had collapsed

Suggest you read my my post on jacking up the RCZ.

viewtopic.php?t=10197

A

Anonymous

Thank you for that link - I had seen that thread yesterday afternoon, and duly noted.

What are we talking about with respect to recovery of the damage though? According to the MOT advisory, it is being left as damaged. Obviously difficult without pictures etc, and I will try to get a couple over the weekend.

tianorth

Reaction score
Mine went through the MOT last June only advisories were tyres at 3.0mm/4.0mm.

Still need to get it fixed.

A

Anonymous

Never got the chance to finally inspect the damage but as the dealer has informed us it is fixed, we are picking it up a Wednesday!!

Mrs is quite excited!

A

Anonymous

We do like our new toy!!

Attachments

• IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    216 KB · Views: 3,042

RCZash

Reaction score
Hi and welcome. :greetings-wavingblue: