What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

potential new owner which is the best option if these....

Crazant

Reaction score
Hi all
Looking at getting an Rcz in the next few weeks and have decided on a Hdi sport , my budget is about 7k and i have to admit this is the most I have ever spent on a car , I've seen a few I interested in but was after some opinions about which is the better choice...

1....2011 dolphin blue 70k miles FSH, standard spec 2 owners, private sale about 6 grand..

2...same as above but with 45k miles but from a independent dealer ....7 grand ish

3..new shape 2014 in the rarer red colour 1 owner ex mobility 63k miles..8 grand

So what I basically asking is miles a big problem or nothing to worry about , is the extra money worth it for a new shape ?

Any advice much appreciated, like is said this is a big purchase for me so i hope I'm going to get a nice reliable car that I will enjoy..

Thanks
Anthony

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: potential new owner which is the best option if these...

Disease all or petrol?
If petrol get a warranty, I'm glad I did.
Actually scrap that, just get a warranty.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Crazant

Reaction score

Hi
HDI, 2.0

RCZ1

Reaction score

The diesels are almost bullet proof so you won’t go far wrong. As to which one to buy. Do you prefer the “original” RCZ or the facelifted Z? Personally I would go for the facelifted model because it’s newer and for the colour.

Crazant

Reaction score

Thanks , yeah I agree with you on the colour, I think the newer front end is a touch better looking but the old one isn't bad I'm also not sure that it's 2 grand nicer....

Plecodoras

Reaction score

Crazant said:
Thanks , yeah I agree with you on the colour, I think the newer front end is a touch better looking but the old one isn't bad I'm also not sure that it's 2 grand nicer....

Crazant...

I can only echo what has been said here already... the HDi engine is bullet proof and almost faultless, only area of concern and this is for most weazels from other marques too is the EGR valve, so I would not worry.
The main thing is " choice " what do you prefer, some think the MK1 is more butch some say the MK2 is more butch. The Moroccan red is a fab colour in the sun, bit dull in the shade.
For me whichever you choose - go for what you can afford, me personally I like low mileage, but if it has been serviced correctly at the right intervals, then it shouldn't matter too much.
The RCZ is a fabulous drivers car and the heavier HDi is even more glued to the road, you won't stop smiling !!!

Good luck with whichever you get and do keep us updated !! Cheers :beer:

DKZ5745

Reaction score

It does boil down to personal choice.

My preference would always be the newest car. With the RCZ, this is particularly true. There are several components that were found to fail due to faulty design and were replaced with modified parts. In general, the facelift model had these modified parts fitted as standard, whereas the Mk1 would only have these parts fitted as and when the originals failed.

Most cars should by now have been fitted with these modified parts, but to be on the safe side, if you have no great preference for the look of the Mk1, choosing the facelift model (on the whole) should avoid these failures.

Having said all that, there are many Mk1 owners on here that have trouble free motoring, so like I said at the start, it boils down to personal choice.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score

Hi, well I’m biased I prefer the more aggressive front end of the MK1 but at 8K for a 14 plate it’s a no brainer your getting hell of a lot of car for your money!
Good luck with your purchase remember whichever you go for try and knock a few quid off or if going to a dealer try getting them to include a good quality warranty and always do a HPI check you can do it cheaply on your phone :thumbup:

Make sure you let us know how you get on and post some photos of your New RCZ. :beer:

Crazant

Reaction score

Thanks all for the comments, some food for thought and as per usual I'm sure that will be at 3am !!!!!

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score

Dpf and associated sillyness on the HDi.
Which I've personally never had an issue with, but then I don't crawl about crying about economy.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

DKZ5745

Reaction score

I feel like a movie star every time I drive mine :D

Nemi

Reaction score

DKZ5745 said:
I took my car for a short trip and through my back window i noticed that other drivers are taking pictures of my RCZ :eusa-whistle: That happened at least 4 times in a single day :wtf: Those damn paparazzis...

2retro

Reaction score

Nemi said:
DKZ5745 said:
I took my car for a short trip and through my back window i noticed that other drivers are taking pictures of my RCZ :eusa-whistle: That happened at least 4 times in a single day :wtf: Those damn paparazzis...
You don't get that in just another TT do you now! :dance:

Crazant

Reaction score

There has been developments, the 2014 red one although looked a nice car, didn't like the fact it failed its last few mots on headlight issues , probably nothing but enough to make me think, it had also been laid up for 6 months or so, I went to look at a dark grey 2013 plate with 49k on nice enough car but no history between 15k and 49k and I think it made my mind up that I preferred the earlier front end, I also saw a photo of an mk1 on here in a car park next to silver mk2 and couldn't believe how awesome the black one looked , so I've gone for a 2012 nera black sport hdi with 40k and FSH, get 6 months warranty so that helps....
So what are the nice mods to do to a Nera, black arches etc
Thanks for the pointers all and once I've got over the shock on my wallet I hope I'm going to enjoy it

Stu8

Reaction score

Good choice, enjoy your ride :clap:

2retro

Reaction score

Crazant said:
...I hope I'm going to enjoy it
Don't worry, you definitely will! ;)

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score

On a black car I would leave the silver arches or go different like bronze or as there are champagne arches that were a factory option you might find some photos of those on the web they look really good on a black car. If you go black then you end up going down the stealth fighter look and lose those beautiful curves! :thumbup:

Plecodoras

Reaction score

Crazant said:
There has been developments, the 2014 red one although looked a nice car, didn't like the fact it failed its last few mots on headlight issues , probably nothing but enough to make me think, it had also been laid up for 6 months or so, I went to look at a dark grey 2013 plate with 49k on nice enough car but no history between 15k and 49k and I think it made my mind up that I preferred the earlier front end, I also saw a photo of an mk1 on here in a car park next to silver mk2 and couldn't believe how awesome the black one looked , so I've gone for a 2012 nera black sport hdi with 40k and FSH, get 6 months warranty so that helps....
So what are the nice mods to do to a Nera, black arches etc
Thanks for the pointers all and once I've got over the shock on my wallet I hope I'm going to enjoy it

For me on the mk1 I would opt for chrome or black s/s mesh front grills like this....

or the stainless steel chrome version... both are £199 and easy fixing to car....

Maybe some bigger wheels 20" or drop suspension. Change the head unit for an android version. Get some nice chrome vanadium red dial rings from 2retro !! plug plug... the list is endless BUT in the meantime.. go enjoy your new ride and all those looks you're going to get.. :thumbup:

Cheers M. :beer: