What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Possible new RCZ owner in Aus

A

Anonymous

Hey guys. So I have been set on getting a RCZ since I first saw one back in 2010. However I currently have a MPS3 that was doing its job fine. Until my knee got weak and the clutch got heavy. So I did a silly thing a took a RCZ for a test drive. the 200bhp version. All I can say is it was magic. The clutch was so light and easy to work with not like the one in my mazda. Which leads me to ask my question.

As I have been looking at getting the diesel when I first saw them but there is none around to test drive and the nearest one is 3 hours away is there any difference in clutch feel on the diesels to the 200bhp petrols? As if not I will be heading down the diesel route. However if there is I will have to do the long drive to test drive one. So interested to hear your thoughs.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

I think whatever any of us say, you can't really a judgement until you have driven the diesel for yourself. I haven't driven one so can't comment but it's something that only you can decide. Have you considered an automatic?

A

Anonymous

Welcome. What a stupid thing to do..... to take a test drive in a RCZ is just asking to loose £'s or in your case maybe it should be $'s. You will have to buy one now. I have the 2.0 HDi
and have driven the petrol as like you have found there wasn't a diesel demonstrator.
I did not notice any difference in the clutch pedal, however I do not have a bad knee. What I would say is that the diesel variant is an excellent choice. Loads of torque & power. A great car to drive.
Will await the news that you have ordered one in the soonest of times :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

We only get the auto in the 156bhp version over here and my old 405 MI16 has more power and can produce more fun in mountain pass runs. That and they are all the same price over here.
As the knee is in a dodgy state yesterday and today I will see if I can take a RCZ for another spin to see if it can take it. If not might have to be an auto after all.

Thanks for the clutch pedal info. Was hoping that to be the case

A

Anonymous

So tomorrow I can pick up a 200bhp RCZ in pearl white with zenons, the JBL sound pack and shadow black wheels. For a decent price as well. However as soon as the contract was signed I realised that I do not want to get rid of my mazda. Is like part of the family now. So maybe tomorrow I will have an RCZ and maybe I wont. Lets see how the day pans out

A

Anonymous

Welp I figured I would update. Decided against picking it up yesterday so that way I get to keep both cars. Just could not part with my mazda. So now I have the silly immature car and the lovely RCZ come friday next week.

A

Anonymous

So how does that work ? How by waiting a week do you get to be a dual car owner ?

A

Anonymous

Just this morning I did. Sadly there has been a massive storm hit up here and now my white car is... Brown... -_-

0058RON was going to be able to as sadly my grandmother just passed away and left a me a nice present. However that is still all cought up with the lawyers so ended out having to trade it in.

A

Anonymous

So your love of the RCZ was stronger than that you felt for the Mazda ? Wow

A

Anonymous

:greetings-wavingblue: give it a wash then enjoy :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

A

Anonymous

I though so. However I sure do miss that mazda.. It has only been 1 day :D I will get another in a year or so. Then the balance will be back.

Good thing I didn't give it a wash as it rained again last night.. and will do so again today.. Poor poor new car..