What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Possible new owner

A

Anonymous

Hi guys!

Name is Jay, im 27 and live in North London.

I currently own an extremely modified Peugeot 207 GT THP 150 and I have had it for 5 years now.

I am looking at getting a GT 200 RCZ and will be taking one out for a spin on Wed and will discuss figures etc.

Just wondered if these engines are as tempramental as the 207 ones are or if the problems have been ironed out yet.

Also, what is there in the way of modifications? Coilovers, exhausts, engine bits etc?

Thanks

Jay

Hatman

Reaction score
Hi Jay,

Nice to see you on this forum, followed you on the 207oc, and inspired so many owners. Welcome btw.

There is a topic regarding different exhausts on this forum, just do a search.

There have been one or two minor issues concerning timing. However, as this site is run by Peugeot and 'Peugeot Group' is a member any issues are resolved quickly and to the customers satisfaction. You will find there is no comparison in the RCZ drive to the 207. About time also...

A

Anonymous

X18JAY said:
Hi guys!

Name is Jay, im 27 and live in North London.

I currently own an extremely modified Peugeot 207 GT THP 150 and I have had it for 5 years now.

I am looking at getting a GT 200 RCZ and will be taking one out for a spin on Wed and will discuss figures etc.

Just wondered if these engines are as tempramental as the 207 ones are or if the problems have been ironed out yet.

Also, what is there in the way of modifications? Coilovers, exhausts, engine bits etc?

Thanks

Jay

Jay :thumbup: A INTERNET SITE FOR engine mods and exhaust upgrades is in the process of being started by one member on here There has been a few issues with the engine as in temp sensors and ECU updates but thats it any others are very rare on this site anyway :eusa-think:

There are a good few used cars out there at the moment ie Ex Demos with 5k miles or even less for a whole lot less money and most have expensive optional extras on them like satnav, xenons,wheel upgrades,feline kits this is the logical way to go because if you add extras to a new car then its a factory order 3 MONTHS WAIT, the choice is yours mate keep your options ;) open :lol:

A

Anonymous

Well well Jay, you moving on from the 207 to the RCZ too??? I haven't been on 207oc for YONKS!

Great choice but I think the petrol has the same niggles as the GTi had. But best ask a petrolhead .... I find the diesel is fine :)

If you do go ahead, I can't wait to see what you do with her!

A

Anonymous

tbh, I still have the 207 and will not be selling it haha, just keeping as a show/weekend car.

The RCZ will be for daily use and have a few choice modifications ;)

can put pics of the 207 up if people want

A

Anonymous

Welcome!!!! I'd be interested in seeing what your 207 looks like!!

Rue1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum would be great to see some pics...

The wife has a 207CC 1.6 Turbo that has done 84000km and hasn't missed a beat - until I took delivery of "arsey" I thought the 207 engine was pretty sweet but have to say the 200bhp engine in the RCZ is something else a real pleasure to drive :)

A

Anonymous

Shall I put the pics here or somewhere else?

Im looking forward to driving it on Wednesday!!!

A

Anonymous

X18JAY said:
Shall I put the pics here or somewhere else?

Im looking forward to driving it on Wednesday!!!

There is a section for 'other marques' you could stick them in there? Or sod it, just put it in the members gallery .. you are a member after all!!

A

Anonymous

Forgot to mention that I drove the GT156 and felt it didnt have enough power for me so I am on the hunt for a GT200 and will most likely get one over the month or 2

A

Anonymous

The 200 is the way to go, the figures dont sound much different than the 156 but when u drive em back to back there's a hugely NOTICABLE difference. Just that sporty i think anyway good luck with ur search. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I went from 200BHP to 156 bhp and i miss the extra oomph but not neccessarily in the rcz as i think it handles,steers,in the same way no matter what bhp model you have :eusa-think: and that matters, i drove a 150 bhp fiat abarth punto that felt as fast and agile as 200 bhp hothatch so bhp aint the be all.

But in a straight line speed yes there will ba a difference :thumbup: