What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Possible Engine coolant pump leak

Gordonmd

Reaction score
Hi all,
a few weeks ago, after a few 40+ days in melbourne I noticed coolant drops under the car. Its very slow, about 100ml in 2 weeks. Often dries on the engine before it hits the ground.
The leak is at the left hand end (front) while looking at the engine bay. Drivers side on RHD car.
I have tried to see where its coming from with the car up on ramps but there is no way I can see. very frustrating.
It might be a seal or crack (plastic pump body???) or a hose.
Ive read that the thermostat housing also cracks but I think its at the other end of the engine.
Does anyone know if its possible to change the pump without removing the engine.
I dread what the dealer will charge for a simple pump change.
Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks all.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m sure you will be able to change the water pump without having to remove the engine, the thermostat housing is a weak link and hard to see if it has failed. I’m sure I’ve heard that the expansion tank can leak too that’s on the left of the engine bay :eusa-think:
Let us know how you get on :thumbup:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Are you definitely losing coolant?
There is often a small wet patch from the aircon, and if you have had the temps you mentioned, your aircon will have been working overtime. :eusa-think:

Gordonmd

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Yes, its pink.
It's so tight at the front of the engine, I'm not sure if it can be done. I will take it to the local garage and see if they can find it.
Be good to hear if anyone has changed the pump.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Yes, others have had expansion tank leaks, but as it’s at the top of the engine compartment it would be relatively easy to see a leak from there.

Gordonmd

Reaction score
It's not the tank. Much lower and the drips are on the engine