What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Pollen Filter

boatdriver

Reaction score
HI, I have just bought a RCZ 1.5THP GT. As with all new cars I buy I replace all the filters, spark plugs etc. When I replaced the spark plugs they were practically finished which raised some suspicion that filters had not been changed during services. Th attached photo shows the state of the Pollen Filter. No wonder the heating, AC etc was struggling. The air filter wasn't too bad and have replaced it with a K&N and will replace the pollen Filter with the K&N as well. I also had to replace the battery.

So far, I haven't found any other problems and look forward to many miles of happy driving.

Attachments

• Cabin Air Filter.jpg
    Cabin Air Filter.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 27

RC61ZZZ

Reaction score
As with most cars, the pollen filter isn't always the easiest to access - so just gets forgotten about.

2retro

Reaction score
Where is it located? I have no idea!

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't think that any pipes would need to be removed as I have a Hdi and changed it as was easy to access only removed the engine cover but it does take some pulling off as only six plastic lugs hold it in place, also a friend who has a 156 petrol changed his and didn't remove any pipes just said it was in tight and his car is a 2010 model and said that he thinks it has never been changed as was simular to the photo mine was the same, think 🤔 it's one of the filters that gets missed out on a service...
Happy motoring drive safe and stay lucky 🍀....
Les n Co

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Last service they wanted to change mine (main dealers - service contract) but as it was extra & I already pay them a fortune for my service contract I told them to leave it.
I think I’ll get them to have a look next time 🤔

RC61ZZZ

Reaction score
Under the panel behind the bonnet - requires pipe work to be removed first.
Last service they wanted to change mine (main dealers - service contract) but as it was extra & I already pay them a fortune for my service contract I told them to leave it.
I think I’ll get them to have a look next time 🤔
I didn't think that any pipes would need to be removed as I have a Hdi and changed it as was easy to access only removed the engine cover but it does take some pulling off as only six plastic lugs hold it in place, also a friend who has a 156 petrol changed his and didn't remove any pipes just said it was in tight and his car is a 2010 model and said that he thinks it has never been changed as was simular to the photo mine was the same, think 🤔 it's one of the filters that gets missed out on a service...
Happy motoring drive safe and stay lucky 🍀....
Les n Co
Thought I’d seen a video on YouTube that showed pipes being removed - apologies if I’ve got that wrong.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
So easy to do yourself and cost of the filter around £20 won't break the bank.... Local car parts stock them and up to three to choose from...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
You may not be wrong as I said mine are Hdi.. Think 🤔 that it may depend on the model.. Not 100% sure if he removed any pipes he didn't tell me when he was trying to get the old filter out. I could be totally wrong let's see if he post's anything on here as he's always on the forum.. How's about a few photos of the RCZ..
PS. Forgot to say welcome to the forum and enjoy your RCZ....
Les n Co

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I changed my pollen filter at the weekend if you don’t know where it is you would never find it, on the 156 thp you don’t need to remove any pipe work but it is tight for big hands :p on the 200thp you have the pipe work that puts extra engine noise into the cab this has to be removed to gain access there’s a good video on YouTube that shows how it’s done.
One bit of advice the filter cover is tight and I had to pull a lot harder than I thought to get it off! Grab the handle and just pull towards yourself. Remember there is a air flow direction which may be stated on the filter but the air flows down top to bottom.

2retro

Reaction score
Oh, another easy to replace part by Peugeot! 😯

It's almost like they don't want you to do this stuff yourself... 🙄

RC61ZZZ

Reaction score
You may not be wrong as I said mine are Hdi.. Think 🤔 that it may depend on the model.. Not 100% sure if he removed any pipes he didn't tell me when he was trying to get the old filter out. I could be totally wrong let's see if he post's anything on here as he's always on the forum.. How's about a few photos of the RCZ..
PS. Forgot to say welcome to the forum and enjoy your RCZ....
Les n Co
C9034512-08EC-4DCD-978B-FF44AE548C90.jpeg
This is the only picture I have, it’s my daughters car.

boatdriver

Reaction score
When I changed the pollen filter, I didn't have to remove any pipe work as per the you tube. It took about 5 minutes from start to finish.

Attachments

• RCZ 156bhp GT.jpg
    RCZ 156bhp GT.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 5

Flanners

Reaction score
Easy to do and from what I have personally experienced on here and with my car the Stealer's seem to charge and never change it out. Mine was bad and had apparently been changed 1500miles before. It was inserted incorrectly was not the carbon one, and the panel had not been put back properly, it also rattled when driving. I bought a carbon Bosch and fitted myself rather than the £40+ dealers charge!