What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Polish Carbon Fibre roof?

A

Anonymous

I am currently polishing Pearl2 in readiness for a wax coating :thumbup: Should I/can I treat my genuine Carbon Fibre roof in the same manner ?

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
I am currently polishing Pearl2 in readiness for a wax coating :thumbup: Should I/can I treat my genuine Carbon Fibre roof in the same manner ?

Its got a laquer on it has it not :thumbup: so all you are waxing is the laquer :)

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
Its got a laquer on it has it not :thumbup: so all you are waxing is the laquer :)
I don't know. Based on your reply I guess you are saying to leave well alone then ?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Putting a wax on it will do it no harm at all. It's giving the roof protection from the elements, which is always a good thing.

Is this the third time in 3 days you've cleaned Pearl2? You are far worse than me Ron :)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Putting a wax on it will do it no harm at all. It's giving the roof protection from the elements, which is always a good thing.

Is this the third time in 3 days you've cleaned Pearl2? You are far worse than me Ron :)
I have taken notice of you RCZ1. I polished her and now I have just applied a layer of Supagard - Paintseal Cream. This is purchases left over from my TT which was Supaguarded. I have blacked the tyres for the 2nd time in three days as it didn't look like they had been done for ages. I am using your suggestion Meguiars - Endurance. Hope that I don't get the sling that I got the other day after spending this much time on her. Shall go and buff off the paintseal now and apply some to the roof.

A

Anonymous

It has received a coat of WAX not Paintseal and it looks simply amazing :thumbup: A lot harder to buff off the carbon but well worth the effort :dance:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
It has received a coat of WAX not Paintseal and it looks simply amazing :thumbup: A lot harder to buff off the carbon but well worth the effort :dance:

you should get the wing mirrors covered in gloss finished carbon fibre ronaldo just to match :cool: and waxing the roof of your car is just the same as any other rcz as all rcz with exception of the matt roof have a layer or 2 of lacquer on them you have the real Mc coy carbon fibre roof layer :thumbup: where as we have paint instead covered in lacquer

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
you should get the wing mirrors covered in gloss finished carbon fibre ronaldo just to match :cool:
The reason that I wouldn't do that jassy as it would not match the roof. The thing is even the standard colour coded mirrors come with a black lower section. So me having black cappings mean that my door mirrors are ALL black :thumbup: Not a two toned affair :thumbdown: