What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

POD FILTER FOR THE RCZ

Bobby brown nut

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm just curious about the pod filter situation for the RCZ's, is their any good ones that your aware of?

I'm aware they don't add any horse power but im more after the turbo sounds that they add hehe.

Cheers guys

Pedro

Reaction score
I stuck a long life K&N long life panel filter in mine & you could easily tell the difference in its performance Pod filters are just a misnomer except on track/race cars & they will inject warm air into the Engine which is a big no no on direct fuel injection systems so if you go ahead you will need to fabricate a proper Air intake for it to work efficiently in front of the wheel arch which will lead to the filter getting clogged over time with road dirt etc my son got rid of the one he fitted on his partners Golf GTI as it caused idle issues & air/ fuel mixture deficiencies (too much Hot air Induction)

Bobby brown nut

Reaction score
I stuck a long life K&N long life panel filter in mine & you could easily tell the difference in its performance Pod filters are just a misnomer except on track/race cars & they will inject warm air into the Engine which is a big no no on direct fuel injection systems so if you go ahead you will need to fabricate a proper Air intake for it to work efficiently in front of the wheel arch which will lead to the filter getting clogged over time with road dirt etc my son got rid of the one he fitted on his partners Golf GTI as it caused idle issues & air/ fuel mixture deficiencies (too much Hot air Induction)
Thanks for the reply mate, did you notice any increased turbo sounds or intake sounds with the k&n filter?

French Letter

Reaction score
I too recommend the K&N panel filter replacement over stock. Wash the blighter every 20,000 kilometres and its for a life time. Must use the correct K&N cleaning kit. Lasts about four washes.

Pic like this: